Injury 2018 Blue Healers Medical Room - HBF - fainthearted 1-2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Was interesting to hear the boys on The Carlton Show suggest that last week Lang had asked for an extra week in the VFL before being available for senior selection. If that's the case reckon he's a good shot this week to return (alongside some of all of Weitering, Murphy, Charlie and Marchbank). If it is indeed true that he told the club to push back his return, I like that professionalism from him, seems like he really wants to get himself right to represent Carlton to his best ability.

Pickett has blown out?

Scaphiod is a mongrel

Seems like it's been going to schedule, each week he's listed as one less. Think I heard he's back to modified training this week or something like that?

It was a stinger! .... 1-2 weeks

Are you talking about LeBois and his busted collarbone?

Pickett has blown out?

Scaphiod is a mongrel
Takes a couple of months to heal, lose all muscle tone and strength in the meantime. Even hurts when running.

Was warned not to use mine while in the plaster or it won’t reset properly and will be painful for years. Still sore for quite a few weeks after plaster came off, will be surprised if Pickett is back in the seniors for more than a handful of games this season.

Was interesting to hear the boys on The Carlton Show suggest that last week Lang had asked for an extra week in the VFL before being available for senior selection. If that's the case reckon he's a good shot this week to return (alongside some of all of Weitering, Murphy, Charlie and Marchbank). If it is indeed true that he told the club to push back his return, I like that professionalism from him, seems like he really wants to get himself right to represent Carlton to his best ability.

Love the positive take, CJMB! I took it as confirmation of our worst suspicions about the club's player injury management.

Thats great news if true about Lang.
Would love to see him debut this week against *.

Was interesting to hear the boys on The Carlton Show suggest that last week Lang had asked for an

Are you talking about LeBois and his busted collarbone?

I was being facetious.

Question mark on Wright from this one, expect that he'll be fine though.

We may not have had any casualties in the VFL?

A nice low-carnage week, a rarity.

Murphy likely back to playing senior football and Marchbank likely returning to some level.

Cuningham a possible inclusion in the VFL. Could be Williamson's long awaited return to football too! Exciting.

ASOS, Macreadie and McDaid on the horizon, soon...

I pray that things begin playing in our favour.

Question mark on Wright from this one, expect that he'll be fine though.

We may not have had any casualties in the VFL?

A nice low-carnage week, a rarity.

Murphy likely back to playing senior football and Marchbank likely returning to some level.

Cuningham a possible inclusion in the VFL. Could be Williamson's long awaited return to football too! Exciting.

ASOS, Macreadie and McDaid on the horizon, soon...

I pray that things begin playing in our favour.

Barring any further injuries (a big if), we could possibly have almost a full strength side after the bye minus Pickett & Docherty which is exciting.

Those 2 are still big outs but still.

Will hopefully be updated to 5 weeks on this Tuesday's update; pin removed last week, resuming training either this week or next.

Best case scenario appears to be round 14 against Collingwood.
Yeah, assuming everything goes well I reckon he'll be right to go about 15 (16?) after he's had a couple of runs with the NBs. Hopefully there's no VFL byes scheduled around that time...

Must have been one hell of a broken wrist.

Such a seemingly impossible slight injury which isn't slight - pretty much removed the most exciting running player on the list, after the kid had already beaten the odds and got over that nasty foot injury - really bummed me out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must have been one hell of a broken wrist.

Boy needs to toughen up ....

Look at the first frame in that video ...... Greg Williams played with a broken arm ... in a cast .... and still dominated ... pfft kids of today ....

View attachment 497781

Looking forward to next week, all being well, getting Williamson and Macreadie back

Byrne isn’t moving from the 6 weeks. Think this has happened previously with his hamstring a while back.

Interesting that Goldsack (Coll) is still hopeful for a return this season, best case scenario, which was done after Doch’s.

View attachment 497781

Looking forward to next week, all being well, getting Williamson and Macreadie back

If Williamson is stuck at 1 week against next Tuesday, I'll start getting concerned.

Byrne and Pickett didn't update.

Byrne isn’t moving from the 6 weeks. Think this has happened previously with his hamstring a while back.

Interesting that Goldsack (Coll) is still hopeful for a return this season, best case scenario, which was done after Doch’s.
When no injury report has been submitted in time for the AFL media team to knock off at 5, they just rehash it themselves.

Club hasn't updated anything on site, so wait for that sometime tomorrow once McKay has recorded his (sponsored) segment.

When no injury report has been submitted in time for the AFL media team to knock off at 5, they just rehash it themselves.

Club hasn't updated anything on site, so wait for that sometime tomorrow once McKay has recorded his (sponsored) segment.

Cuningham moved from 1 week to test (if I remember correctly), so it has been modified.

Not sure if that is the norm, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back