Injury 2018 Blue Healers Medical Room - HBF - fainthearted 1-2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Should we be concerned that this has happened for two weeks in a row to separate players? What are we giving them before games?

I suspect the catalyst for both was the extreme conditions in Brisbane last week. One directly at the time of that day. The other this week. Bit odd but seems most likely.

McDaid and Wright now injured, but 4 of our 5 fitness tests passed this week.

Wright did cop a pretty heavy hit in the last quarter vs Brisbane, looked a little groggy after it (Hipwood). Hasn’t been in the greatest form so an opportunity to “manage” him I.e. refresh

Does McDaid have an injury diagnosis or just missing from the VFL this week?

We seem to pick up a lot injuries later in the week that aren’t advised (or an omission will be classed as an injury without knowledge).

Just throwing this out there and i have no idea whether this is a factor or not but has anyone put any thought into the resurfacing at Princes Park as maybe having an effect on our injuries. I know many injuries they have told us about happened at other venues but could the surface be playing a part? It would not be the first time a resurfacing has gone bad at a footy oval.

Just throwing this out there and i have no idea whether this is a factor or not but has anyone put any thought into the resurfacing at Princes Park as maybe having an effect on our injuries. I know many injuries they have told us about happened at other venues but could the surface be playing a part? It would not be the first time a resurfacing has gone bad at a footy oval.
You're roughly the 10th person to suggest this. People have been harping on about the surface for years, and it was replaced last year.

It's not the surface.

No probs mate dont get to read everything on here unfortunately. Was just putting it out there that maybe the new surface was to hard or something.
You can go back and see how they resurfaced the oval over the pre-season. There were initial concerns over the turf not holding, but it wasn't too hard.

The oval is built off the natural landscape AFAIK, so it's not like there's a concrete bed somewhere underneath the surface.

You can go back and see how they resurfaced the oval over the pre-season. There were initial concerns of the turf not holding, but it wasn't too hard.

The oval is built off the natural landscape, so it's not like there's a concrete bed somewhere underneath the surface.

Cheers mate. I dont live in Melbourne so dont have the opportunity to check it out which is why i was asking .

You're roughly the 10th person to suggest this. People have been harping on about the surface for years, and it was replaced last year.

It's not the surface.

It takes years for the surface to settle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tests for Kreuzer, Lang, Wright, Weitering, TDK and Macreadie.

Lang and Wright seem the most likely to pass.

Kreuzer is pending cardiology referral.

Weitering and TDK probably 50/50.

Macreadie unlikely by the sounds of things.

Kerridge another week.

As a general rule that I think should be implemented, if you are 'facing a fitness test' and the team is 1-15, you probably shouldn't play.

Why risk injury. Just rest guys - shut them down for the year if needed - and let them get full fitness before starting a really good pre-season.

Our players are our most important assets, and for the young guys (Weitering, Macreadie, Marchbank, etc) the most critical thing they can do IMO is have a really good pre-season. Why risk anything happening to them in the last 6 weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back