Injury 2018 Blue Healers Medical Room - HBF - fainthearted 1-2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is redundant. Nobody on our list is injured, ever.! They're all just racing against time.. Great Scott!

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but according to the Carlton Show podcast, Kerr had been ill for a few weeks leading up to the first of the practice matches and has been eased into it. Not glandular fever, but something similar which obviously hasn't lasted as long but must have knocked him around a little.

I certainly appreciate and admire his determination. Even if he doesn’t play, he’ll be aiming to get a full, uninterrupted and not ‘modified’ preseason and come back ready to roll for round 1 next year. That last bit sounds pretty good to me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My concern was if he were to shortcut the recovery to try to get a couple of games in this year. Seems like a risk not worth taking.

I don't think he is pushing things, he spoke of the standard rehab. So it's sensible. Just a nanny state here it seems. If he's ready he's ready. And agreed with HBF coming back early could be a good thing.

I don't think he is pushing things, he spoke of the standard rehab. So it's sensible. Just a nanny state here it seems. If he's ready he's ready. And agreed with HBF coming back early could be a good thing.
Disagree as i understand the standard rehab is 12 months or so. Just doesnt seem to be a risk worth taking to have him back for a couple of games this year. Not sure how this view qualifies as 'just a nanny state'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Rowe is looking at about just over 10 months with his knee.
Doc will likely just miss out this season but a goal to put his mind to.
AFLX ‘19 here he comes (or Hong Kong super series).
I'm hoping that s**t is dead by then.

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but according to the Carlton Show podcast, Kerr had been ill for a few weeks leading up to the first of the practice matches and has been eased into it. Not glandular fever, but something similar which obviously hasn't lasted as long but must have knocked him around a little.
I found that so weird. Not glandular fever but it was but it wasn't cause it was something like glandular fever.... wtf...? Andy Maher also said he's getting no info from the club and their haziness in describing what was going on with Kerr made it look like a rumour. Not gonna put any stock into it, from the level of assuredness they spoke with he could've just sneezed a couple times at training and its been chinese whispered into a big deal.

I found that so weird. Not glandular fever but it was but it wasn't cause it was something like glandular fever.... wtf...? Andy Maher also said he's getting no info from the club and their haziness in describing what was going on with Kerr made it look like a rumour. Not gonna put any stock into it, from the level of assuredness they spoke with he could've just sneezed a couple times at training and its been chinese whispered into a big deal.
Was a bit strange for them to bring up a particular sickness and then clarify that it's not that. I imagine they said it because Curnow (and someone else I think?) has had it recently and therefore sticks out in the mind of those listening, and as a descriptive way of saying he was knocked around a fair bit and unable to train etc. But you could just say that without bringing up an unrelated illness.

"I have leprosy. Well not leprosy, but my skin is peeling from sunburn, so pretty much the same just not as bad".

Could be Epstein Barr virus, similar but not the same as Glandular Fever

What does 'nanny state' mean?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back