2018 Brownlow Medal - Congrats Tom Mitchell.

Remove this Banner Ad

latest
What's that in her mouth?

Dude had a cracking second half, clearly didn't watch him

If anyone predicted pre-count he'd get more than 10-12 votes though, they're lying. It might be deserved, but it's still a surprise at the same time. He wasn't even invited to the count, and has never even polled a vote before tonight!

Patrick Cripps coming equal 4th, getting 20 votes in a 2 win side, is pretty generous. He got 3 in a game his team lost by 100!

How Dayne Beams and Jack Steven both ended up equal 6th, three votes away from 3rd, is a bit of a puzzler too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Dusty can’t get that much ball... that’s the point.
Well choose between the two truthfully , who do you pick ? Not Mitchell , dusty does more with 30 possessions than Mitchell does with 40 easy

But as I say he won and any hawk supporter will back him in , but not most others

Patrick Cripps coming equal 4th, getting 20 votes in a 2 win side, is pretty generous. He got 3 in a game his team lost by 100!

How Dayne Beams and Jack Steven both ended up equal 6th, three votes away from 3rd, is a bit of a puzzler too.

I’m sorry, I though the Brownlow was supposed to be an individual award, not a team based award.

It shouldn’t matter if a team got thrashed by 100 or won by 100, the most influential player on the ground should get the 3 votes regardless.

That’s how it should work, but it doesn’t and that’s why the Brownlow isn’t really a proper MVP award.

His old man was an assistant coach at the Eagles.

Tom played some junior ( teens ) football in WA. Not born in WA.

At the time Barry Mitchell had been an assistant coach at Fremantle under Harvey. Fremantle and another team put in bids for Tom Mitchell in the draft and Sydney had to match with their first rounder under f/s rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back