2018 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

D Beams a chance. 17 votes from 19 games last year in the bottom side, returning from knee issues and playing most the season with a busted shoulder. Polls very well with the umpires and only really has Zorko as competition for votes in the Lions side. If the Lions win a few more games and he stays injury free he might find himself back in the top few.

As highly as I regard Dusty, I have doubts about if he'll win again.

As others have mentioned, the votes tend to reflect the previous year as much a anything, with umpires using that to see who they have to keep an eye out for and with Cotchin's return to prominence last year (especially at the end of the year), he could easily take enough votes away from Dusty to act as a spoiler.

Fyfe, Danger or Kelly

I don't rate Kelly as Brownlow material yet, but if GWS do well and he keeps improving then he's a chance.

Would be a change to see a more outside mid win it too. Though guys like Cooney and Cousins managed to win last decade, so it's still easier than for a non-midfielder.

Andy McGrath with a clean sweep of the top votes.....oh wait, wrong award.

Dusty if the umps don't decide he needs to go to yet another level.
Smoky is Bont if he is free moving and spends most of his time roaming rather than shifting forward.

Would love to see Buddy win it though.

Not sure if Fremantle will win enough games for Fyfe to win, same with the Bont

Danger, Parker and Dusty may have too many vote stealers in their respective midfields

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Tom Mitchell win given those factors

As highly as I regard Dusty, I have doubts about if he'll win again.

As others have mentioned, the votes tend to reflect the previous year as much a anything, with umpires using that to see who they have to keep an eye out for and with Cotchin's return to prominence last year (especially at the end of the year), he could easily take enough votes away from Dusty to act as a spoiler.

I see Ablett stealing votes from Dangerfield

New winner this year, maybe someone like bont if dogs rise again

I see Ablett stealing votes from Dangerfield

New winner this year, maybe someone like bont if dogs rise again

Possible, but there is a question over how many games he'll play. The more he misses the less influence that will have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T. Mitchell. Will get 40 meaningless, harmless possies each game. No one at all in the Hawks engine room to take votes off him, and as we all know, AFL House has a deal to award Hawthorn anything they possibly can, within reason.

Take it to the bank.

Yes that’s why they gave Ryan Burton the rising star last year.

Bont has had his first ever Pre season at AFL level and is looking absolutely cherry ripe. If he can play 50% midfield and 50% forward. And consistently add these kind of marks to his game that he took yesterday then look out. His set shot kicking needs improving though.
F6D938AB-AB3C-4BFF-9C6B-E585BD3EBDAF.jpeg
5EBF1AA0-F90A-49E9-A934-27066F0A8796.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back