Prediction 2018 Brownlow Medal

Who do you think will win the 2018 Brownlow Medal?

• Dangerfield

• Martin

• Fyfe

• Ablett

• Tom Mitchell

• Sloane

• Josh Kennedy

• Josh Kennedy = Sydney

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger Tipped to Win Brownlow.png
"THE AFL’s captains have selected Patrick Dangerfield as the most likely candidate for this year’s Brownlow Medal.

The League has polled 18 club leaders as the 2018 season is launched, and Dangerfield was the clear Brownlow standout, with seven of the skippers picking him to follow up from his 2016 medal to win another.

Just three captains picked Richmond bull Dustin Martin to go back-to-back, while two chose Fremantle midfielder Nat Fyfe to win a second medal following his 2015 triumph."
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-03-15/danger-tipped-to-take-top-honour

My sentimental choice is Joel Selwood, who is deserving of a Brownlow Medal, which is the award for the "fairest and best" player of the Season.

Selwood is in the Top 10 for Brownlow Medal Career Totals with 181 votes, Three Votes - 30; Two Votes - 35; One Vote - 21 out of 223 Eligible Games. Average votes per game using eligible games = 0.81.

Would be thrilled if Selwood won the ultimate best + fairest award.

IMO as much as id luv to see any 4 of PFD, Sel, GAJ and Duncan win it..

They'll all take votes off each other. We may have the highest team accumulation of votes in history and Dusty goes B2B.

Go Catters

IMO as much as id luv to see any 4 of PFD, Sel, GAJ and Duncan win it..

They'll all take votes off each other. We may have the highest team accumulation of votes in history and Dusty goes B2B.

Go Catters

:eek:

:(

Unless one of Dangerfield, Selwood, Gaz or Duncan has a huge year, winning lots of 'three votes' *fingers crossed*

So I'm going to dream of Dangerfield, Selwood + Gaz to tie + win the Brownlow together :rainbow:

If Nathan Fyfe plays anywhere close to 22 Games fully fit he'll win the Brownlow by a country mile.

Me no likey that :( Still, I'd prefer Fyfe to win it to Dustbin

No true football follower could care less who wins this BS award. Votes given by the umpires mean Jack. Yeh it's "nice" if a Geelong player wins but it does not define the player and or more importantly the "TEAM". This award has grown legs but is basically just a dress up event to present the "wags". and from a football perspective they are simply irrelevant. Premierships are won by teams not individuals...Too many Very Good players have NOT won this award for it to have any real meaning. Rant Over.

In the poll - does Josh Kennedy refer to the Eagles player or the Swans player?

If Sydney have a good year I could see Josh Kennedy (Syd) winning it

In a way, a Cat (other than Duncan) winning would be disappointing for me. It would mean we relied on a single player too much. Although Selwood playing a magnificent season and winning would be nice.
Tipping Cats taking places 1~4 :thumbsu:

:)

In the poll - does Josh Kennedy refer to the Eagles player or the Swans player?

If Sydney have a good year I could see Josh Kennedy (Syd) winning it
Sydney's Josh Kennedy, cats09. TBH didn't know WCE's Kennedy was also 'Josh'. Tried to edit + add Sydney, to the poll, but unable to do that, so have added 'Josh Kennedy - Sydney'. Thanks so much for alerting me to this.

In a way, a Cat (other than Duncan) winning would be disappointing for me. It would mean we relied on a single player too much. Although Selwood playing a magnificent season and winning would be nice.
Tipping Cats taking places 1~4 :thumbsu:

:)
Bartel 07, GAJ was arguably the better player that year.
I don't think we need to worry too much about Brownlows this year somehow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me no likey that :( Still, I'd prefer Fyfe to win it to Dustbin
Surprised to read that Kitty. I think Dusty is a superb footballer and comes across as a very decent and reformed human being.
Kids and families that I've come across with work issues suggest he is a really great bloke who just shuns the limelight that he simply can't escape.

If Nathan Fyfe plays anywhere close to 22 Games fully fit he'll win the Brownlow by a country mile.
Agree.
Even if Freo don't win > they lose.
Martin again will go close.
I don't see Danger anywhere near it now.
He has the ability of course, but now he has a hamstring history, I fear this could become recurrent and affect his style of play. He relies on that explosive acceleration more than any player I've seen. He is now a marked man. Hammies are a curse.

Agree.
Even if Freo don't win > they lose.
Martin again will go close.
I don't see Danger anywhere near it now.
He has the ability of course, but now he has a hamstring history, I fear this could become recurrent and affect his style of play. He relies on that explosive acceleration more than any player I've seen. He is now a marked man. Hammies are a curse.

1 small strain during pre-season means he has a history now huh....

Hepp is a good outside shot I reckon. I think he can surprise and take it. Him or Danger will get old Charlie.

The dons are on the rise!

To win the Brownlow IMO, you need to be the stand-out player in a reasonably good team, like Paddy in '16 and Chopsticks last year (and Gaz in the year he won with GC). If Paddy plays a more team-oriented role, and Gaz is Gaz, they together with Sel and maybe the likes of Tim Kelly/Menegola/Mitch Duncan will dilute each others votes. (which is all to the good really as I reckon they would all value a premiership medal over a Brownlow)

To win the Brownlow IMO, you need to be the stand-out player in a reasonably good team, like Paddy in '16 and Chopsticks last year (and Gaz in the year he won with GC). If Paddy plays a more team-oriented role, and Gaz is Gaz, they together with Sel and maybe the likes of Tim Kelly/Menegola/Mitch Duncan will dilute each others votes. (which is all to the good really as I reckon they would all value a premiership medal over a Brownlow)
Maybe if JOM really is "fixed", we could see him pinching votes off Mitchell.
JOM is potentially one of the best mids we have seen. Like Menzel, a real pity we have not seen his best. And possibly won't.
I am coming around to Mitchell being a real likely early winner this year.
Dusty and Fyfe will again feature.
Like you say, GAJ, Jelwood, Danger will be stealing each others chances. And if they are all really close, it means we have a great year.
Lots to love about us as usual.

Back