AFL 2018 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Jon Patton to poll a vote @ 2.40 on Beteasy?

Starred in round 3 with 19 disposals, 14 contested possessions, 14 hit outs, 10 tackles, 7 clearances and a goal in the wet. Imagine Sinclair likely gets 3 votes but I fancy his chances behind that. Coniglio (27 disposals and a goal), Franklin (22 disposals and 2 goals), and Kennedy (25 disposals and a goal) other possibles but think Patton's influence was significant.

Jon Patton to poll a vote @ 2.40 on Beteasy?

Starred in round 3 with 19 disposals, 14 contested possessions, 14 hit outs, 10 tackles, 7 clearances and a goal in the wet. Imagine Sinclair likely gets 3 votes but I fancy his chances behind that. Coniglio (27 disposals and a goal), Franklin (22 disposals and 2 goals), and Kennedy (25 disposals and a goal) other possibles but think Patton's influence was significant.

TheJanuaryMan went 3 Sinclair, 2 Coniglio and 1 Buddy

Mate has him on 12.

2 Showdown medals means 6 votes pretty much and from memory had a BOG or 2 vote game early against the dons
I think it's certainly around the mark. I'm just not sure its a value play.

AFL Predictor has him on 8, Betfair on 11 and Phantom on 11.

The Power also lost one of those showdowns.

I assume the umpires are meant to not know who won the medal before they vote? It would be interesting to know the percentage of times that a medal = 3 votes.

I think it's certainly around the mark. I'm just not sure its a value play.

AFL Predictor has him on 8, Betfair on 11 and Phantom on 11.

The Power also lost one of those showdowns.

I assume the umpires are meant to not know who won the medal before they vote? It would be interesting to know the percentage of times that a medal = 3 votes.

Extremely high from my experience. Theure at the ground when its announced over the stadium. They know whos won the medal when giving votes IMO.

A question id like to ask do they have access to the internet/web before giving their votes ie can they look at stats ect?

Extremely high from my experience. Theure at the ground when its announced over the stadium. They know whos won the medal when giving votes IMO.

A question id like to ask do they have access to the internet/web before giving their votes ie can they look at stats ect?
I don't think they do. So I think the medal part, if they hear that from the bowels of the stadium, would be the only compromising factor.

25 - T Mitchell
23 - D Martin
22 - D Beams C Oliver
21 - P Dangerfield M Gawn
19 - D Heppell E Yeo P Cripps A Gaff

Adel - R Laird 15 M Crouch 11
Bris - D Beams 22 D Zorko 10
Carl - P Cripps 19 K Simpson E Curnow 4
Coll - S Sidebottom 17 S Pendlebury B Grundy 15
Ess - D Heppell 19 D Smith Z Merrett 11
Fre - N Fyfe 17 L Neale 16
Gee - P Dangerfield 21 J Selwood 15
GCS - A Young 5 T Lynch 4
GWS - S Coniglio C Ward 14
Haw - T Mitchell 25 J O'Meara 11
Melb - C Oliver 22 M Gawn 21
North - S Higgins 17 B Cunnington 15
Port - O Wines 12 R Gray 11
Rich - D Martin 23 T Cotchin 12
St K - J Steven 13 S Ross 8
Syd - J Kennedy 15 L Franklin 13
WCE - A Gaff E Yeo 19
WB - J Macrae 16 M Bontempelli 10

25 - T Mitchell
23 - D Martin
22 - D Beams C Oliver
21 - P Dangerfield M Gawn
19 - D Heppell E Yeo P Cripps A Gaff

Adel - R Laird 15 M Crouch 11
Bris - D Beams 22 D Zorko 10
Carl - P Cripps 19 K Simpson E Curnow 4
Coll - S Sidebottom 17 S Pendlebury B Grundy 15
Ess - D Heppell 19 D Smith Z Merrett 11
Fre - N Fyfe 17 L Neale 16
Gee - P Dangerfield 21 J Selwood 15
GCS - A Young 5 T Lynch 4
GWS - S Coniglio C Ward 14
Haw - T Mitchell 25 J O'Meara 11
Melb - C Oliver 22 M Gawn 21
North - S Higgins 17 B Cunnington 15
Port - O Wines 12 R Gray 11
Rich - D Martin 23 T Cotchin 12
St K - J Steven 13 S Ross 8
Syd - J Kennedy 15 L Franklin 13
WCE - A Gaff E Yeo 19
WB - J Macrae 16 M Bontempelli 10
Pretty similar to mine, but i have Gawn and Grundy leading Dees and Pies.

I don't think they do. So I think the medal part, if they hear that from the bowels of the stadium, would be the only compromising factor.

Since 2006 Anzac day medal the 3 votes has gone to the medalist in all but 2017 (Last year) - Where it was a key fwd Joe Daniher.

Showdown Medal
2017 - Both medalist (3 vote)
2016 - Both 3 votes
2015 - Gray got Medal (0 Votes) - Interesting. The other game 3 votes
2014 - Hartlett Medal (0 Votes) - Interesting. The other 3 votes

Id be pretty confident the umps know who wins the medals over the PA at the ground when theyre in the dugout or walking to it.

Thoughts on Brayshaw @1.60 (sb) to poll 3 votes in rd10 vs crows? He gathered 37 touches and kicked 3 goals, including a 13 disposal, 2 goal last quarter. Can't see how he doesn't get the 3 votes here.

Thoughts on Brayshaw @1.60 (sb) to poll 3 votes in rd10 vs crows? He gathered 37 touches and kicked 3 goals, including a 13 disposal, 2 goal last quarter. Can't see how he doesn't get the 3 votes here.
I like to think out the unique things that umpires could see.

Your comment makes me wonder generally how much Brayshaw's helmet could stand out to the umpires as he's accumulating all those possessions, and subsequently what votes Brayshaw could take off Oliver and Gawn across not only that match, but the whole count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adams got the 9 coaches votes in R15 and he isn't even listed. 30 touches, 17 contested, 8 clearances, 114 ranking points in a big win. Grundy (0 coaches votes, by the way) and Thomas should be the favourites but it's strange he isn't even there.

Any other at 10 dollars on bet 365. Not sure its worth it votes going to grundy and pendles.

Hard to know how much we shoukd consider coaches votes

Sportsbet have hawks without Mitchell: O'Meara: $1.70 Bruest $3.90.
Top 20: Bruest $3.50 O'Meara $11
O'Meara a chance to poll 14 to sneak into the top 20?

B365 have the round 15 Geelong v dogs game back up
Selwood currently at $10 whereas he is as low as $1.60 on Sportsbet and $2 on TAB

They've ****** up there... I don't know how you can have OMeara shorter odds than Bruest to win team votes but then he's longer odds to place in the top 20...
yeh pretty sure you can get around 2.50 or more on omeara leading hawk without mitchell if you look around, i know ubet had decent odds on him.. hes no chance for top20 in my opinion . 20 players sounds a lot but the spots sure fill quick

B365 have the round 15 Geelong v dogs game back up
Selwood currently at $10 whereas he is as low as $1.60 on Sportsbet and $2 on TAB

hahaa yeh that round is gunna be crazy interesting , id be confident in selwood or danger if cats had won but dogs winning throws it all up in the air!!! we got danger at 17-1 tab when he was like 3.00 b365 just crazy stuff going on

Anyone struggling to see all rounds on sportsbet app for 3 vote games. I wanna put some on geel/dogs game there

Only shows specific games not each round

How do people have the votes for round 2
North vs STK?

hahaa yeh that round is gunna be crazy interesting , id be confident in selwood or danger if cats had won but dogs winning throws it all up in the air!!! we got danger at 17-1 tab when he was like 3.00 b365 just crazy stuff going on
Were Dahlhaus or Dunkley really 3 votes good? Especially with Selwood and Danger being much better pollers.

Selwood at 10 (let alone 17) is enormous.

Anyone struggling to see all rounds on sportsbet app for 3 vote games. I wanna put some on geel/dogs game there

Only shows specific games not each round

How do people have the votes for round 2
North vs STK?
Can see all rounds up to 16. U have to click on the game shown and scroll down, the rest of the games be there.

Cats/Dogs. Selwood 1.60, Dahl 4s, Danger 5s, Dunkley 6s, McLean 8s, Richards 17s, Hawkins 21.

3. Brown, 2. Waite, 1. Higgins/Toddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back