Live Event 2018 Brownlow Medal

Who takes home the Charlie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Notable moments in the medal count;

Rd 1 Hurley zero votes in our MVP = 1 Brownlow vote.

Rd 4 Heppell zero in our MVP = 2 Brownlow votes.

Rd 9 Zaharakis zero in our MVP = 3 Brownlow votes.

Rd 17 Myers zero in our MVP = 1 Brownlow vote.

Rd 21 Langford zero in our MVP = 1 Brownlow vote.

Rd 23 Goddard zero in our MVP = 1 Brownlow vote
...and NO FRANGA!

Umps obviously not seeing what we’re seeing. But what’s new hey?

Eh, I find Mitchell very benign to be honest. There are far more dislikable Hawks around than him.

I don't like Sidearse though. Never have. Just something about him.
He used to be an absolute hothead as a kid.

Disappointing, really. This was the supposedly the year where it could have been up to 6 or 7 players within a few votes. Turns out it was decided after 21 rounds.

Marley Williams got 3 votes for a 14 disposal game, 0 tackle game against St Kilda. Ben Brown kicked 6 that game and didn't get a single vote. The * kind of award is this?

Allir two votes in the game against us - really?

Yes he was marking everything in the first half but he faded from the game as it went on, a bit like Sydney in general that night.
He was awesome that night Doss. No argument from me. My bro and I both thought he was BOG at half time- I remember the conversation. He hurt himself slightly and has slightly less impact but he was like a brick wall.

Congratulations Tom. A worthy Sydney player. No doubt all his development came from the Sydney coaching group. I'm sure Josh Kennedy and the boys will be getting around him.

tombrownlow.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boringly predictable. It’s just a “who got the most possessions” medal.
Let’s go back just to the last round. Who left the greater impression on football people throughout the country? Francis or Polec? Franga had a huge impact on that game and had a near perfect intercept mark defender’s game. What more does a tall defender need to do to get recognised for dominating their position? The umps are simply demonstrating that they don’t get it. They don’t understand what defines a great performance by a tall player. Grundy or Gawn were probably the most deserving players this year I reckon. Is there anyone in the footy industry who would honestly say that Brayshaw was more damaging/important/influential than Gawn? Not a ******* chance.

Last edited:
Let’s go back just to the last round. Who left the greater impression on football people throughout the country? Francis or Polec? Franga had a huge impact on that game and had a near perfect intercept talk defender’s game. What more does a tall defender need to do to get recognised for dominating their position? The umps are simply demonstrating that they don’t get it. They don’t understand what defines a great performance by a tall player. Grundy or Gawn were probably the most deserving players this year I reckon. Is there anyone in the footy industry who would honestly say that Brayshaw was more damaging/important/influential than Gawn? Not a ******* chance.
Maybe the coaches should be given the job to cast the votes. 5,4,3,2,1 would certainly make things more interesting and would certainly reflect player influence better as voted through the eyes of a coach.

He used to be an absolute hothead as a kid.

Disappointing, really. This was the supposedly the year where it could have been up to 6 or 7 players within a few votes. Turns out it was decided after 21 rounds.
Mitchell was 1.15 favourite last I checked, and rightfully so. Was always going to win comfortably, not sure how you thought otherwise tbh.

Why couldn't umpires watch the game replay later with the sound down? It still maintains that aspect of the award but probably gives them a better idea of things a second time around.

Back