2018 Bye Structure

When did/When will you start planning for the Bye rounds?

• During the Pre-Season (NEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRDDDDDD).

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Before the Port/GC bye (1-9).

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Over the next few rounds (10-12).

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • During the byes (12-14).

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Just gonna wing it and pray that I don't get RITA by the SC Gods.

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • I've been aiming to be the top scorer in one of the Bye Rounds all season (whothehellareyou.gif).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What are the byes?

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • #eco

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • When does SC 2019 start?

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Nah I'm just F*cked #F*ckTheByes

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does lockout for players with the bye work?

i.e. can I use Holman as a loop this week and if so when do they lock-out if at all?

How does lockout for players with the bye work?

i.e. can I use Holman as a loop this week and if so when do they lock-out if at all?
Yes any Port or GC player you have can be used for loopholing right up until the start of the last match.

Lynch trade IN still burns.
Hall not good enough for the M8 spot, plus Rockliff (God help us) looks Better value.
Can't see anyone other than rookies as must haves.

I have 2 I'm watching and considering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GOLD COAST

Any players anyone considering from GC?

Lyons M9, but most would go for Rocky over him if heading down that path for less.
Jack Martin / Lynch / Harbrow maybe given the extra score (either full score or vs the rook they replace) could go ok.
Witts worth a look if one struggling ruck to replace and limited funds, should go 100 and price fair.
Can make cases for others as speculators. Except Will Brodie. Dewy seems to have eaten him and hidden the body.

Lynch trade IN still burns.
Hall not good enough for the M8 spot, plus Rockliff (God help us) looks Better value.
Can't see anyone other than rookies as must haves.

I would re-assess your Hall statement.

Since being dropped, he has returned to a new role at Half Back.

Given GC are getting smashed and plenty of ball is coming into defence, Hall wouldn't be the worst value upgrade from next week, considering he is a ball magnet, is playing for a long term contract in Melbourne (100% leaving GC) and has excelled in his new role (110 and 137 since being dropped).

Of course Rockliff is a great option and cheaper. But I don't like the probability of Rockliff playing every game hereon in and he has played 77% and 68% TOG since returning from injury. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

I would re-assess your Hall statement.

Since being dropped, he has returned to a new role at Half Back.

Given GC are getting smashed and plenty of ball is coming into defence, Hall wouldn't be the worst value upgrade from next week, considering he is a ball magnet, is playing for a long term contract in Melbourne (100% leaving GC) and has excelled in his new role (110 and 137 since being dropped).

Of course Rockliff is a great option and cheaper. But I don't like the probability of Rockliff playing every game hereon in and he has played 77% and 68% TOG since returning from injury. Doesn't fill me with confidence.
What about as a M9 ?

Current structure - have Olango so not counting him. Also have Naughton and Parfitt out but should be back soonish.
Premium definition: Billings = 0.5 premium ; Parfitt = 0.5 premium. (Both playing r14 bye)

16 trades remaining.

Round 10: 1 rookie, 0 premiums
Round 12: 2 rookies, 6 premiums = 21 players
Round 13: 5 rookies, 4 premiums = 20 players
Round 14: 4 rookies, 7 premiums = 18 players

Pre/during byes, I will be dumping: Murray (r13 bye), Naughton (r12 bye), Coffield (r14 bye), Kelly (r14 bye) definitely.
And possibly also Cole (r12 bye), Spargo (r13 bye), ZGL (r13 bye), Parfitt (r14 bye)

So if I'm conservative it should be the top 4, and maybe 1-2 of the bottom ones, hopefully up/down each time.
Looking at Lloyd (r14), Oliver/Curnow, Rocky during the byes.

So as the byes roll on I should have:
R12: dumped 1-2 more rookies, and have Rocky + Lloyd, so should be 22 players
R13: dumped 1-2 more rookies, and have Rocky + Lloyd at least, so should be 20+ players
R14: dumped 2 more rookies (for earlier rookies hopefully), and have Rocky + Oliver / Curnow so should get to 20 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back