2018 Bye Structure

When did/When will you start planning for the Bye rounds?

• During the Pre-Season (NEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRDDDDDD).

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Before the Port/GC bye (1-9).

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Over the next few rounds (10-12).

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • During the byes (12-14).

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Just gonna wing it and pray that I don't get RITA by the SC Gods.

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • I've been aiming to be the top scorer in one of the Bye Rounds all season (whothehellareyou.gif).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What are the byes?

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • #eco

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • When does SC 2019 start?

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Nah I'm just F*cked #F*ckTheByes

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Byes going to be really interesting. Hoping to rise, but hard to gauge how well others are prepared. Some numbers quoted here point to good balance, maybe not as many will come a gutser as I would have thought.
Depends if this thread is ant-heavy vs grasshopper-heavier overall population.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whether we be rooks or gerries, don't forget:
- If you have any more than four non-scoring players on any one line, you'll cop a donut (no transferring across lines)
- Lockout for bye players is first bounce of final game of round. Means high VC / C flexibility
- The highest 18 eligible scores count toward your total (see above)
- If you're looking at genuine donuts in round 14 and have trades, e.g., think about slingshot trading (pissing of a rd 14 premo for a rd 12 / 13 premo). Their full score should give you 100-odd points vs the doughie and if they've got a better run home, they might net you an extra 5pts/rd on average year to go
- When weighing up trade options, factor in their bye differentials (does a rd 12 premo only net you the differential between a premo and the lowest score which then drops out of your 18) or a premo and a doughie? That can be the difference between two blokes otherwise even on paper.
- Don't depend on all of your rookies with shaky JS are going to get a guernsey to save you in rd 14.
- Plan your trades with enough clearance so if your cash cow shits the bed at the worst time possible you can still pull it off.
- Please ignore all this and s**t the bed (at least a bit) so I can rise a little in the rankings lol

Last edited:

Whether we be rooks or gerries, don't forget:
- If you have any more than four non-scoring players on any one line, you'll cop a donut (no transferring across lines)
- Lockout for bye players is first bounce of final game of round. Means high VC / C flexibility
- The highest 18 eligible scores count toward your total (see above)
- If you're looking at genuine donuts in round 14 and have trades, e.g., think about slingshot trading (pissing of a rd 14 premo for a rd 12 / 13 premo). Their full score should give you 100-odd points vs the doughie and if they've got a better run home, they might net you an extra 5pts/rd on average year to go
- When weighing up trade options, factor in their bye differentials (does a rd 12 premo only net you the differential between a premo and the lowest score which then drops out of your 18) or a premo and a doughie? That can be the difference between two blokes otherwise even on paper.
- Don't depend on all of your rookies with shaky JS are going to get a guernsey to save you in rd 14.
- Plan your trades with enough clearance so if your cash cow shits the bed at the worst time possible you can still pull it off.
- Please ignore all this and s**t the bed (at least a bit) so I can rise a little in the rankings lol
Huh???

Isn't it best 18 scores on field, no matter where they are?

eg.
6 defenders playing, 2 rucks playing, 2 forwards playing, 8 mids playing = 18 scorers
No??!!

Huh???

eg.
6 defenders playing, 2 rucks playing, 2 forwards playing, 8 mids playing = 18 scorers
No??!!
I think it means that if four aren't playing on a certain line, you will be 1 short on that line. At least, that's how I interpreted it.

Huh???

eg.
No??!!

You are 100% CORRECT

Position does not matter at all

Just on field is all that counts

I've worked out my trades for the next 4 weeks, underestimating rookie growth (with some I'm expecting not to play at all) and overestimating premo prices for the ones I bring in. Have 100k in the bank at the end of the byes doing this, so some room to move.

Should have:
Rd 12 - 22 available (16 premos, 6 rookies)
Rd 13 - 19 available (14 premos, 5 rookies, + 2 future yet to be decided rookies)
Rd 14 - 16 available (15 premos, 1 rookie + 4 future yet to be decided rookies)

Need a bit of luck with rookies in rd 14 and some injury avoidance in general. But will be full premo after 9 trades over the byes.

SC GODS COME AT ME

Huh???

eg.
No??!!

Yeah, what I mean is if you can't get at least 8-4=4 mids on-field, let's say only 3, then because you can only take max RUCx2, FWDx6, DEFx6 (because that's the number of onfield spots in the line), you can only get 17 scores.
Does no good to have eight playing DEF in that case, can only have max 6 DEF scores counting.
For FWD / DEF, if you can't get at least 6-4=2 onfield, same issue.
Doesn't apply to rucks as only 2 onfield, so unless someone fields -3 RUC (Jacobs + Cal Sinclair would come close), all good.

Last edited:
Gonna end up with 9 r14 premos if I get Sonny and Bud like I plan to. Probably shouldn't do those trades then. Any other decent forwards apart from those two? (already got Heeney, McLean, Sexy Robbie, Lunchmeat and Sicilian down back.)

Premos out per bye week:

Rd 12: Sicily, Simpson, Cripps, Titch and McLean (5)
Rd 13: Hibberd, Treloar, Coniglio, Gawn, Stef, Smith and Petracca (7)
Rd 14: Lard, Savage, Fyfe, Danger, Dusty, Heeney and Walters (7)

Not too bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's how I hope to roll out post-byes at round 15, with 6 trades left:

KnLI9Hd.png

Might have make a donut out of TSmith or Philips rd15 to make the last upgrade.

Of course the few hours I put into planning trades will be thrown outta the window when injury carnage burns my team down, but it's nice to envisage the world post-byes...

How's your Premo numbers looking by comparison ?
Shite in week 3 atm. Will try and get another R12-13 bye premo in though.
Probably at the expense of Higgins or Doedee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back