Prediction 2018 Carlton Consensus Best 22 [Done and Dusted]

Who should be our 2018 Captain, 2 x Vice-Captains and 2 add. Leaders for Season 2018? (PICK FIVE)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder people - as if the poll question wasn't clear enough - to vote for TWO names in the latest poll.

Highest vote getter will take the final spot on the bench and in our 2018 Consensus 22; 2nd, 3rd and 4th highest will take our Emergency spots and positions in our 25.

Voted for Paddy Dow as I expect a round 1 birth based off talent and hard work put in.

I also voted for Kerridge which I suspect will be an unpopular vote but he can rack the ball up and is as fit as a fiddle and I expect him to feature heavily in our 22 this year.

Lang also very close.

In regards to the forwards, i think people are split between favouring either levi or harry as the other big man from charlie. So we've ended up with the perception that we voted for levi and harry in the same side..but really we have voted for just one but we're all 50 50..its a flaw in the system.

Voted for Paddy Dow as I expect a round 1 birth based off talent and hard work put in.

I also voted for Kerridge which I suspect will be an unpopular vote but he can rack the ball up and is as fit as a fiddle and I expect him to feature heavily in our 22 this year.

Lang also very close.

Yeah, i voted for Dow and Lang.

But i do agree with you in that i think Kerridge will play a fair bit of AFL next year. Even if he is pretty flawed, he did improve a little in the 2nd half of this year i reckon. And he is a mature body with a super work rate, which we surely need.

In regards to the forwards, i think people are split between favouring either levi or harry as the other big man from charlie. So we've ended up with the perception that we voted for levi and harry in the same side..but really we have voted for just one but we're all 50 50..its a flaw in the system.
Wanted Dow in the side, but can't see Lang not playing round 1 if fit, voted for him

Realistically both Dow and Lang should be in the team and one of Mckay, Casboult or SOSOS taken out for team balance.

I can't see the Club bringing Lang in to play VFL - he will be starting in round 1. Same for Garlett - who I reckon will be the best of this years drafts in 2018.Carlton has needed leg speed for a few years now... Cripps/Kennedy/Ed/Kreuzer will handle any of the bigger bodied opposition mids. I can see Garlett running off HBF, SPS on a wing and Pickett in forwards- but they will all play as will Lang. Murph will get a new lease of life playing on a wing /HFF with occasional appearances in center bounces.
To be honest I’m not convinced by Lang, for me at this stage he is still behind Thomas, kerridge and cuningham. With Garlett who knows, but going by the facts that he played a mix of senior and reserve games in the WAFL there must be some question marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heart wants Dow and Garlett but I don't think either will be ready. Head says Mullett & Lang.

I think we now actually have enough depth to start the kids in the 2's and make them earn it.

Mullett & Lang it is.

Is it wrong that I found this one more difficult than the starting 18?

Not sure why Lang is nominated as an emergency option. Absolutely best 22 given the number of young developing kids.

Paddy Dow was Mr. Consistency as a junior. He didn't win 3 best and fairest at Geelong Grammar with patchy play.

He is an inside bull with big burst. His frame isn't AFL ready but his mentality is.

Expect him to start and expect him to burn some AFL players HARD.

Lang and Garlett are my two.

Dow, LOb, Lamb and Macreadie and probably Mullett are all worthy.

Think Byrne, Wright and Casboult are under the most pressure to hold their spots in the 22. Perhaps Cuningham if he doesn’t fire early and Simmo as the year goes on ...

Every vote has had dilemmas. Went with Dow and Lang for Round 1 benchers.

Also, would like an un-vote to replace Cas with Garlett. Or Polson. Or O'Brien....?

Thanks Matty411 - learnt a lot about the team and possibilities.

Back