Prediction 2018 Carlton Consensus Best 22 [Done and Dusted]

Who should be our 2018 Captain, 2 x Vice-Captains and 2 add. Leaders for Season 2018? (PICK FIVE)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I went with

Murphy
Docherty
Cripps
Curnow (or Simpson)

then Marchbank. I feel as though it's good to have a younger player as part of group.

Docherty needs to stay in as he is real chance as next Captain and it will benefit him during his rehab.
Agree, Doc needs to to be VC this year as he could be Captain next year. Was great as a leader this year and has become even greater since his reco. Transforming himself into an assistant coach within weeks of his opp. I,m sure the young players will have noticed what he's done.

Might as well toss this in here:

Have made an updated teamboard (in sig) that should work on devices that use a mouse or support mouse emulation; I'll work on mobile and tablet (i.e. tap and place) versions down the line.

The layout is also awful on mobile as it would be unreadable (and unusable) at scale, so again, that's something for down the line (it's basically an entirely new page version).

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Have made an updated teamboard (in sig) that should work on devices that use a mouse or support mouse emulation; I'll work on mobile and tablet (i.e. tap and place) versions down the line.

The layout is also awful on mobile as it would be unreadable (and unusable) at scale, so again, that's something for down the line (it's basically an entirely new page version).

Enjoy!

My mouse emulation has demanded some cheese emulation...

Enjoy!

it blows my mind you write that code but then host it on TPG personal space - bloody well done.

Here's my first go at a team for round 1 (Thanks for the board Jim).

Capture.JPG

As I have mentioned before I like the idea of Harry getting games under his belt, with Levi providing a chop-out for Harry and Kruz from the bench.

Forward line has strong marking, good crumbing options, all excellent tacklers, and more that a touch of mongrel. Additionally as Jarrod, Jarrod and Matty can go through the middle we could see plenty of Murph, Bam-Bam, Crippa and Samo rotating through there making match ups difficult.

Given that Mullet and Jarrod G can both play back, if we think we are too tall in defence, we have options.

Anyway, just my two cents.

I'm starting to think that people have just wiped Byrne's games from their mind, and Lang is flying so far under the radar he's getting grass burn.
Yeah I tend to agree. I feel Lang will start on a wing, possibly a flank or on the bench as part of the mid-fwd rotations. He's a first round draft pick with 44 games of experience in a much better team than ours, fills a need in terms of our matchday 22 (goalkicking outside mid with pace) and judging by the photos from the training camp looks like he's in incredible shape. Can't see him missing out on selection.

Reckon for Byrne it'll be him starting and Willo on the pine or vice versa. Unless Willo is judged by Bolts to be more of a midfielder, in which case you'd think that means there's a HB spot with Bunsen's name on it.

We now have our Best 22 for Round 1, 2018 and it’s official: our Preferential Captain choice is none other than Patrick Cripps.

Our 2 x Vice-Captains were voted as incumbent Marc Murphy and young gun Sam Docherty.

Experienced duo Ed Curnow and Kade Simpson round out the five-man Leadership group for Season 2018.

Thabks to all who voted and contributed this year and especially to Aphrodite and Jeremias for their help in keeping things flowing.

Until next year!

Last edited:
Who said it would be too slow?

Pretty sure they have been saying that about the Swans midfield fo the last decade

On another note have a look at the starting 3 midfielders for the last 5 flags

Who is going to break away from stoppages, is my point...I am not looking at talent but rather skillset. SPS, Murphy, Cunners, Dow are your guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 9.14.21 PM.png Had a crack at the team for round one, managed to fill a reasonable looking VFL side as well.

What Liam Jones was pretty much the best full back in the comp in the second half of the yr and cant keep his spot. Your a stiff man to impress o_O
Looking for a side full of runners. Three talls up front for our own mobility and three down back should be enough for most opposition teams. Someone has to miss out. Would love ASOS for his attack on ball and player, and unwillingness to take a backwards step when someone tries to rough up our youngsters. Can't have a team full of tall defenders, glad we have options though.

View attachment 445830 Had a crack at the team for round one, managed to fill a reasonable looking VFL side as well.
Id say Jones in for Byrne or Dow and Gartlett still may have to prove himself through the vfl
I just think its so had to pick a side without at least seeing a couple of practice games and there always ends up being a bolter who no one expects

Looking for a side full of runners. Three talls up front for our own mobility and three down back should be enough for most opposition teams. Someone has to miss out. Would love ASOS for his attack on ball and player, and unwillingness to take a backwards step when someone tries to rough up our youngsters. Can't have a team full of tall defenders, glad we have options though.
I agree but i just cant see Jones not playing after his form last yr

I agree but i just cant see Jones not playing after his form last yr
Plenty of hard choices to make, a great place to be at long last.

Great job Matty411 !

I reckon the Consensus 22 will be even more fun this time next year.

When I see the bench of Willa, Fisher, Dow and Cuningham ... and emergencies in Lang, Garlett and Mullett, and knowing that Doc is to come back in 2019, I think we are heading in the right direction. Exciting times for us Blues fans.

And we should bump the thread and compare with the Round 1 team.

And we should bump the thread and compare with the Round 1 team.

Totally.

I'm interested to see if there are any differences and if so, where the match committee went wrong...... :cool:

Totally.

I'm interested to see if there are any differences and if so, where the match committee went wrong...... :cool:
We let people like you vote ....

We now have our Best 22 for Round 1, 2018 and it’s official: our Preferential Captain choice is none other than Patrick’s Cripps.

Our 2 x Vice-Captains were voted as incumbent Marc Murphy and young gun Sam Docherty.

Experienced duo Ed Curnow and Kade Simpson round out the five-man Leadership group for Season 2018.

Thabks to all who voted and contributed this year and especially to Aphrodite and Jeremias for their help in keeping things flowing.

Until next year!
Where is the best 22 posted as a whole team?

Where is the best 22 posted as a whole team?

Check the OP...

Consensus 2018 Lineup
FB: Ciaran Byrne (98) - Liam Jones (156) - Lachie Plowman (161)
HB: Caleb Marchbank (164) - Jacob Weitering (156) - Kade Simpson (150)
C: Sam Petrevski-Seton (175) - Ed Curnow (157) - Marc Murphy (175)
HF: Charlie Curnow (150) - Levi Casboult (108) - Jarrod Pickett (143)
FF: Matthew Wright (119) - Harry McKay (101) - Jack Silvagni (135)
R: Matthew Kreuzer (181) - Patrick Cripps (183) - Matthew Kennedy (177)
I: Tom Williamson (76) - David Cuningham (67) - Zac Fisher (64) - Paddy Dow (67)
EMG: Darcy Lang (66) - Jarrod Garlett (39) - Aaron Mullett (19)​

Back