2nds 2018 Casey Demons Thread - Grand Finalists

Remove this Banner Ad

After getting killed for pace by Collingwood, and just generally having our midfield shown up the last 2 weeks, maybe we see Baker come in for a debut. Anyone seen much of his VFL games, I know he is meant to take the game on a lot but does he do good things with it when he gets the footy?
seen him play a couple of times now on tv. its a bit hard to get the whole feel of a players game due to limited camera action at vfl games but yeah he's shown a bit. seems to play an outside role well, hits the ball at pace, and he's quick and evasive with run and carry and he's got a fair kick on him, but maybe sinks the boot into the long bomb a bit too much. i think one of the reasons Spargo got to play early was his ability to lower the eyes and hit targets, so he may need to work on that a bit.
he's exciting to watch and I think that he'll probably get a game before the years out. maybe against one of the weaker teams at home i'd say.
I know a couple of guys on here watch Casey games live sometimes, they'd probably have a better idea on how he goes though.

seen him play a couple of times now on tv. its a bit hard to get the whole feel of a players game due to limited camera action at vfl games but yeah he's shown a bit. seems to play an outside role well, hits the ball at pace, and he's quick and evasive with run and carry and he's got a fair kick on him, but maybe sinks the boot into the long bomb a bit too much. i think one of the reasons Spargo got to play early was his ability to lower the eyes and hit targets, so he may need to work on that a bit.
he's exciting to watch and I think that he'll probably get a game before the years out. maybe against one of the weaker teams at home i'd say.
I know a couple of guys on here watch Casey games live sometimes, they'd probably have a better idea on how he goes though.

If Spargo's eyes were any lower, he'd step on them.

Is the opposition terrible or is Weid just having an absolute ripper entirely off his own back? Either way, can't say no to that kind of performance. T Smith isn't giving us much anyway.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were happy enough playing Weed off the back of no form so they'll have no issue bringing him in for the serviceable but unremarkable Tim Smith.

Petty for Joel Smith. JS has had two games, and not proven to be up to it. Petty couldn't do much worse, and he might be awesome.

Yah I'd take out Vince and play Petty. Vinces experience isn't really helping us, he's not playing more than average footy and we won't do any damage this year. Would rather develop another defender. Always a chance Lever doesn't make it back aswell so we can't just play Omac and that's it.

We were happy enough playing Weed off the back of no form so they'll have no issue bringing him in for the serviceable but unremarkable Tim Smith.

Petty for Joel Smith. JS has had two games, and not proven to be up to it. Petty couldn't do much worse, and he might be awesome.
Proven to be not up to it?! I reckon he’s been very good.

Smith has been average as ****. Tackled well but hasn't actually done anything that's been good footy, just good athleticism.

I’d rather Frost and I don’t really rate Frost. Prefer to see what Petty can do (Apparently strong in the air which Frost isn’t) overall but if I’m lining them up Smith is definitely last picked of the 3.

I’d rather Frost and I don’t really rate Frost. Prefer to see what Petty can do (Apparently strong in the air which Frost isn’t) overall but if I’m lining them up Smith is definitely last picked of the 3.

Smith is a white Majak Daw, not sure he has any actual footy nous just does some nice things due to being a freak athlete.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back