2018 Club Membership (2018 AFL Audit numbers now in OP]

Can only go on personal experiences but I have 2 memberships with them for that reason and know of another 8 in my area that do likewise. Works out ok for me because my parents live near Gundagai so they use my tickets to go to the Canberra games and sometimes to Melbourne and Sydney
yeah I know of people that do it
some live in Sydney so they have their out of state membership for their own club and the GWS one to a go to some games and b have a chance at a GF ticket

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Can only go on personal experiences but I have 2 memberships with them for that reason and know of another 8 in my area that do likewise. Works out ok for me because my parents live near Gundagai so they use my tickets to go to the Canberra games and sometimes to Melbourne and Sydney
You'd be better to just buy a package surely. It's useless unless we make the GF and would have led to disappointment so far. If we do then a supporter of another team relies on their team taking the other slot. Not very probable.

Sydney residents and Canberra residents supporting other clubs want to see possibly their team and/or just local AFL I completely get. It's common.

You'd be better to just buy a package surely. It's useless unless we make the GF and would have led to disappointment so far. If we do then a supporter of another team relies on their team taking the other slot. Not very probable.

Sydney residents and Canberra residents supporting other clubs want to see possibly their team and/or just local AFL I completely get. It's common.
probably I haven't looked into it myself

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,

Works out fine for me, my parents got to 8 Giants home games last year and I think you are slowly converting them lol.
They like the ease of the reserved seats so I will get them a Ultimate Giants membership for Christmas. As for GF tickets that’s a added bonus, can attend or flog them off

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
probably I haven't looked into it myself
I get it as an extra bonus. I attend the home games in Sydney and Canberra and see what the AFL survey showed. We have a lotof members who aren't Giants supporters primarily, just AFL fans. What's heartening is it's very common to see the adults in a group dressed in oppo colours and the kids in Giants colours.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Works out fine for me, my parents got to 8 Giants home games last year and I think you are slowly converting them lol.
They like the ease of the reserved seats so I will get them a Ultimate Giants membership for Christmas. As for GF tickets that’s a added bonus, can attend or flog them off
:) Either way is ok. Would prefer members cheer for us of course, but It's the kids we want most of all.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
:) Either way is ok. Would prefer members cheer for us of course, but It's the kids we want most of all.
Oh they are coming around. Mum grew up in Sydney but having lived in Adelaide for 30 years they were Crows fans but since moving back to NSW a few years back they have grown to love the Giants ( they both hate NRL ) Mum and Dad both wear Giants merchandise to games and have the stickers on their cars now. I know at school holidays they take my nieces and nephews to games so maybe a few more converters in the next few years

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Oh they are coming around. Mum grew up in Sydney but having lived in Adelaide for 30 years they were Crows fans but since moving back to NSW a few years back they have grown to love the Giants ( they both hate NRL ) Mum and Dad both wear Giants merchandise to games and have the stickers on their cars now. I know at school holidays they take my nieces and nephews to games so maybe a few more converters in the next few years
I grew up supporting SANFL and could never take to NRL or the Swans either having been in Sydney through the Edelston era. I get it.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Limited seating will do that, forcing members to pay top dollar for a seat, which is great for clubs if they can do it.
The stunning one for me is Perth. It seems they grade the seats in a way we certainly don't and unless I've misread posts some are paying $800 a year for prime seats for 11 games. I pay around $520 including 3 Canberra games. We can change seats to pretty much anywhere at any time at Spotless. Manuka is harder because it's a small ground and sells out for every game. I'll spend more because of travel to Canberra but still.

Our Game

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
Sandringham
AFL Club
Geelong
62k counted now. On the way to 100k

Lets hope so. The Tigers deserve to be #1 considering how their supporters have stuck through thick and thin over the last 20 years.

I think the table for the Victorian clubs will be Tigers,Dons,Hawthorn and then Collingwood

It will be interesting to see if the new Perth Stadium boosts both WCE and Freo

Our Game

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
Sandringham
AFL Club
Geelong
Etihad will restrict Essendon going above Hawks/ Coll unfortunately. Membership that is. Attendance is a whole different ball game.

A lot of people dont even go to the footy but still by memberships just to support their team.I buy a GWS membership to help grow the game in Western Sydney but havent been to a game as yet Still might be handy if they ever make the GF.

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Etihad will restrict Essendon going above Hawks/ Coll unfortunately. Membership that is. Attendance is a whole different ball game.

Etihad restricts attendance’s not membership numbers. If it did then Essendon would have 50,000 Members not 67,000 members. Essendon play 7 home games per year so if they played say like Collingwood And Richmond 9 games at the mcg they each year at disadvantage by approximately 50,000 each year when they play vic clubs. Interstate clubs would not make much of a difference. Essendon like the bulldogs fans seem to turn up in big numbers. Essendon would get 40,000 if their fans if they were playing either at the mcg or Etihad what hurts them is that the away fans against the smaller vic clubs. Don’t attract 10-20,000. This is the reason why Essendon chose Etihad as the wanted a huge home ground advantage like the interstate sides attract and Geelong.

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lets hope so. The Tigers deserve to be #1 considering how their supporters have stuck through thick and thin over the last 20 years.

I think the table for the Victorian clubs will be Tigers,Dons,Hawthorn and then Collingwood

It will be interesting to see if the new Perth Stadium boosts both WCE and Freo

Think it be more like this;

Richmond 85,000
Collingwood 76,000
Hawthorn 75,000
Essendon 70,000
Geelong 55,000
Carlton 52,000
Melbourne 45,000
Western bulldogs 42,000
St.kilda 40,000
North Melbourne 35,000