2018 Club Membership (2018 AFL Audit numbers now in OP]

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m actually talking total home and away season attendance records. In fact Richmond’s best comes in at no.19 with 1,054,000.

Collingwood’s record is 1,306,604 in 2010
Essendon record is 1,169,000 in 1998
Carlton record is 1,091,000 in 2011

= the big 3

Richmond records 1,054,000 4th biggest afl club

Game set match

Have you noticed the timing of these records they are prior to the entry of the two AFL minnows, which of course has reduced attendance across the board, particularly if like us, in your flag year you play them both twice, we also suffered the horror of a trip to that hick town Geelong which wont be happening again for a while, not too mention 0 friday night games, when you take that into account its easy to see what could have been if not for the AFL's knee jerk reaction to our small step back in 2016.

Now that we are Premiers and will likely win more flags in the near future I would expect us to surpass the numbers you have shown as we have membership and biggest finals etc.

Patience young man the Giant is awake!

Last edited:
Thread has now been cleaned up, some posts deleted, other posts moved to the Richmond v Collingwood thread. Thread bans will happen if it starts up again.

Back on topic

2018 Memberships as at 12.00am, March 16th 2018

Last edited:

its a real shame that Carlton are so 'mid-table' membership-wise. The club is huge and has much more potential. It's due a successful period surey? Has it sorted its offfield arrangements to build from?

its a real shame that Carlton are so 'mid-table' membership-wise. The club is huge and has much more potential. It's due a successful period surey? Has it sorted its offfield arrangements to build from?
Lack of recent success is one thing, but a lack of mcg home games would also be holding them back membership wise.

West Coast Eagles urge 9000 ‘seatless’ In The Wings members to hang in there

Steve Butler | The West Australian
Saturday, 17 March 2018 4:30AM
West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett has urged disgruntled supporters who have not yet secured seats at Optus Stadium to stick with the club in the wake of their relocation nightmare from Subiaco Oval.

Mr Nisbett revealed that almost 6000 of the Eagles’ In The Wings members had been allocated seats at Optus Stadium after waiting up to 15 years for a membership. But there were still 9000 households on the waiting list and he said they were likely to continue the allocation program into the opening rounds of the season.

He predicted new three-game and five-game memberships to become hot-ticket items as fans looked for more flexibility and said seats with restricted viewing would be sold at lower prices.

Mr Nisbett also expected remaining In The Wings members to be able to buy tickets as part of the 6000-seat daily passes to be made available as well as through the resale program.

“We’ve got a lot of disgruntled people who haven’t been offered seats yet and we’ll probably exhaust our supply before we get to the end of the In The Wings members,” he said. “But there are still opportunities for them, so I hope they stick with us.”

Fremantle chief executive Steve Rosich revealed the Dockers had on Thursday climbed above 50,000 members for the second consecutive year and were soon likely to pass their 2017 record of 51,254.

He said the club expected to have 46,000 seated members for the 2018 season and aimed at lifting membership past 55,000 this year. The Dockers have also recorded a lowest-ever membership churn, with only 2 per cent of 2017 members not renewing.

“It’s a terrific result and a great reflection on our membership as well as Optus Stadium,” Rosich said.

Mr Rosich urged members to buy by March 26 tickets available for the game against Gold Coast at Optus Stadium on April 7. Seating was not part of the membership package before the Suns relocated their home fixture because of the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast.

ref: https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...-wings-members-to-hang-in-there-ng-b88773181z

Thread has now been cleaned up, some posts deleted, other posts moved to the Richmond v Collingwood thread. Thread bans will happen if it starts up again.

Back on topic

2018 Memberships as at 12.00am, March 16th 2018

So that's 722,550 for those 16 clubs. Is that good numbers to reach a million?

Lack of recent success is one thing, but a lack of mcg home games would also be holding them back membership wise.

Lack of recent success clearly has an impact but I think lack of games at the G is not an issue. Fact is the Blues play half their home games - or almost half - at the G. Every potentially high drawing home the Blues play is fixed for the G.

I’m actually talking total home and away season attendance records. In fact Richmond’s best comes in at no.19 with 1,054,000.

Collingwood’s record is 1,306,604 in 2010
Essendon record is 1,169,000 in 1998
Carlton record is 1,091,000 in 2011

= the big 3

Richmond records 1,054,000 4th biggest afl club

Game set match

I feel sorry for you.

All these irrelevant records you quote are all going to become irrelevent in 2018.

You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lack of recent success clearly has an impact but I think lack of games at the G is not an issue. Fact is the Blues play half their home games - or almost half - at the G. Every potentially high drawing home the Blues play is fixed for the G.
The problem is that blues fans have been turned off by the administration and the fact that they play at Etihad not Princes Park. Blues fans hate Etihad in my experience. See it as the dump that is foisted on the smaller clubs.

The problem is that blues fans have been turned off by the administration and the fact that they play at Etihad not Princes Park. Blues fans hate Etihad in my experience. See it as the dump that is foisted on the smaller clubs.

Who can blame them but as I say the games most of them are interested in attending are almost all in the G.

I think form and the administration are bigger issues than having half their games at the Dome. I truly do.

Everyone knows Carlton have a really big underlying support and a good year would see them come out in big numbers but there is no doubt that there are underlying issues and not only form related ones that are keeping the membership numbers so far behind the other Big clubs.

No doubt quite a few of them do grumble. However AFL Tables reveals that from 1997 they have had an average crowd at Etihad of 34k compared to just 23k at Princes Park and that moving to Etihad has substantially increased their crowds.

https://afltables.com/afl/crowds/carlton.html#1a

Is that match access though?
probably: theyve been giving auskickers free tickets to at least one game involving their team for years (usually a donkey game or a game against an interstate club)

No doubt quite a few of them do grumble. However AFL Tables reveals that from 1997 they have had an average crowd at Etihad of 34k compared to just 23k at Princes Park and that moving to Etihad has substantially increased their crowds.

https://afltables.com/afl/crowds/carlton.html#1a

It's a bigger stadium, and parts of Princes Park didn't take full crowds late. And yes, there would be blues fans who went to games, but many would have stayed away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back