2018 Club Membership (2018 AFL Audit numbers now in OP]

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond have the most members and we draw the biggest crowds.
End of discussion.
I wish it was
But you (Richmond supporters) won’t end it

Melbourne has a population of 4.35 Million with 10 clubs, so a City with 2 Million with 2 clubs that are less than 50 years old compared to a city with 4 Million and 10 clubs that are roughly 80 years old at an average. With no discernible favouritism towards one club, yeah.... Richmond are bigger

BTW Melbourne was 4.82 Million in 2017 and closing on 5 million rapidly.

Members%20Record%20620%20x%20370.jpg

From the looks of it, women's membership has grown enormously and no doubt other clubs will use that area to further grow there fan base. Also notice with our 2 games in Melbourne the large contingent of crows support in the away end. Melbourne membership must be quite popular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every club does it.

No they certainly do not.

You'll find at seasons end when the afl conducted their audits, only the crows numbers dropped enormously last season and will do so again.

Weird - i have a theory, I think the crows are doing it to give themselves a better chance of landing bigger corporate sponsorships. They are getting free false publicity for the entire season where they can boast to potential sponsors that they're the 2nd biggest membership base going around - except for a small window at seasons end when its corrected - by which stage theyve gotten great exposure and mileage out of it anyhow.

A great result for Richmond but how many of those are 11 game memberships?
who knows, but I’d wager we would have more 11 game memberships than Adelaide.

Great effort. I hear Richmond the suburb went off on grand final day like nothing before.
yes it did, had a ball lol..
378646C6-F7FF-4749-B5C2-638175E0B1B0.jpeg 05A96AE4-F01D-4CF4-B396-396CF11720FB.jpeg

60k game members?

email subscribers dont count - seriously why would the crows do that? happened last year too then when audited? 24k lopped off final tally haha

care to back that up?

picking clubs at random, can you show how the swans, port, and dees all included free email subscribers in their membership numbers?

No they certainly do not.

You'll find at seasons end when the afl conducted their audits, only the crows numbers dropped enormously last season and will do so again.

Weird - i have a theory, I think the crows are doing it to give themselves a better chance of landing bigger corporate sponsorships. They are getting free false publicity for the entire season where they can boast to potential sponsors that they're the 2nd biggest membership base going around - except for a small window at seasons end when its corrected - by which stage theyve gotten great exposure and mileage out of it anyhow.

That’s bullshit, Crows gave 20k for free the word is..
I did not know that. I posted the figure the club put out. I thought some would be female and interstate , kids etc I'm sure you concerned citizens can email the club and express your mirth
membership@afc.com.au

I am happy to have our 11 gamers stand up to any clubs and come out in the top 5

I did not know that. I posted the figure the club put out. I thought some would be female and interstate , kids etc I'm sure you concerned citizens can email the club and express your mirth
membership@afc.com.au

I am happy to have our 11 gamers stand up to any clubs and come out in the top 5

fair enough

fwiw i have no issue with three gamers and the like, its a way to get GA attendees to formally commit to the club.

my issue with the crows e-memberships are they are free with sfa benefit. port fans have been registering in the name of lever and so on, which shows how genuine they are. personally, i have no issue with non-attendance memberships, i just think you have to pay coin

membership@afc.com.au

It would be nice if all clubs (and I mean all clubs) reported on membership numbers the same
It would also be nice if revenue was transparent so we had a good bench mark of the dollars our clubs got

fair enough

fwiw i have no issue with three gamers and the like, its a way to get GA attendees to formally commit to the club.

my issue with the crows e-memberships are they are free with sfa benefit. port fans have been registering in the name of lever and so on, which shows how genuine they are. personally, i have no issue with non-attendance memberships, i just think you have to pay coin
For me anything that doesn’t include attendance is not a real membership. Will be hilarious when the Crows are once again audited down by about 15k

For me anything that doesn’t include attendance is not a real membership. Will be hilarious when the Crows are once again audited down by about 15k

I used to think this, before I got online.

some of our international and interstate supporters are the most hardcore I know, and they often pay more than a H11 without ever seeing a game

dudes like this shouldnt be excluded from being considered members

Very much looking forward to next Sundays North v Hawthorn attendance figures.

I know our 20K rusted on's will show up, but if a club that supposedly boasts 75K members can't get this attendance figure up and over 40K, then I am officially putting them on the paper tiger.

I used to think this, before I got online.

some of our international and interstate supporters are the most hardcore I know, and they often pay more than a H11 without ever seeing a game

dudes like this shouldnt be excluded from being considered members
Perhaps but to me the difference between a supporter and a member is that one attends games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back