2018 Club Membership (2018 AFL Audit numbers now in OP]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bendran Gale is a very reliable source you know. So really Richmond are not the biggest club. Sorry to disappoint all you Richmond fans. When you guys are part of the big 4 then we will talk

Brendan is not the sort of bloke to brag and only said that to be humble. He doesn't want to be another Eddie McEverywhere.

By the way you need to come over to the Richmond v Collingwood thread - we have to talk about that 34K crowd yesterday ;)

You're forgetting corporate and ticketed seating (that is sold to the public)

The amount of Ga varies from club to club depending upon the allocations it's given from the MCC, what amount of that becomes members only access, and what the MCC wants to retain for its own sales

Edit: and that's before remembering non pies club's dont get access to pies reserved seats because the MCC has sold them to the pies for their away games

Cheers rfc, whats your best guesstimate of seats available to RFC given I'm responding to a suggestion of 95k .....

Some posters in here don't understand that membership is not primarily about attendance. It's about putting your money where your mouth is to say you support your club. Some members don't even live in the same state or country as their club but they are still true supporters as they contribute financially to the club. While Richmond doesn't get 95K of our members to every game we are still well on top in attendances and membership and these are the only metrics that are relevant when measuring the support of a club.

That 95k figure came from an expat RFC member in the UK, a RFC member …. I've been trying to help the illinformed soul that the MCG doesn't have enough room ever, even for his imaginary friend.

That 95k figure came from an expat RFC member in the UK, a RFC member …. I've been trying to help the illinformed soul that the MCG doesn't have enough room ever, even for his imaginary friend.

Fwiw I think some RFC supporters are using the gws final as an example of their ability to draw a crowd. Being a final, after a long drought, and against an opponent with little local support, it's a poor example for h&a discussions

Fwiw I think some RFC supporters are using the gws final as an example of their ability to draw a crowd. Being a final, after a long drought, and against an opponent with little local support, it's a poor example for h&a discussions
I get that. PF tkts aren't cheap compared to H/A games though. It's a financial commitment.

Since when has the MCG held 110k? I think your GA number is closer to 56k....
Apparently it can hold 105,000 if all the 10,000 standing room tickets that are allowed to be sold are sold but the MCC holds back 5000 even on GF day so its around the 100,000 mark max.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently it can hold 105,000 if all the 10,000 standing room tickets that are allowed to be sold are sold but the MCC holds back 5000 even on GF day so its around the 100,000 mark max.
MCG capacity is 100,024. 2017 Grand Final has the biggest crowd since re development of 100,021.
95,000 seated and approximately 5,000 standing.

Public Tickets (inc. Club Members) is about 53,000
MCC Reserve is 27,000.
AFL Reserve is about 20,000

MCG capacity is 100,024. 2017 Grand Final has the biggest crowd since re development of 100,021.
95,000 seated and approximately 5,000 standing.

Public Tickets (inc. Club Members) is about 53,000
MCC Reserve is 27,000.
AFL Reserve is about 20,000

They would have to allocate more than 100,000 places as at least a few hundred wouldnt turn up for various reasons,death and sickness come to mind.

Great effort by the Tiger members but I dont see the total getting to the magic 100,000 this year
The club has now publicly made getting 100,000 as a goal. Wheather we actually do that I don't know. I was very sceptical about us achieving that, but now admit we are a possibility. With our draw we still have a load of home games after our bye, including home games against Collingwood and Essendon, so there is still value in buying a membership.

All these 3 game and 5 game memberships is going to make it hell for Richmond finals tickets this season.

Personally I think 3 game and 5 game members shouldn’t get priority to finals. If you don’t get an 11 game membership minimum then no access to finals.

Agree 100%
Should get no finals priority access.
Look after the real members first

Define real member

If it's h11, does that mean 30 year interstate and international members can FOAD?

I really don't get the scepticism of 3-game memberships contributing to total member numbers, and now some are calling for 3-game members miss out on finals tickets?

I bought a 3-game membership this year, and one for my mother. I can only get to 2-3 games each year as I am self employed, work most weekends and also like spending time with family. I took my mum to the first game of the year to see the flag unfurled and that's about it for her (being in her late 70's). I have followed Richmond passionately for 40+ years, Mum for 60+ years. Are we somehow less deserving of access to finals tickets?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back