C'wealth 2018 Commonwealth Games 4-15 April

Remove this Banner Ad

I missed most of it. Sounded like I missed a train wreck.

But I am glad I caught Basil and Griggs going whack... haha. When Basil thinks it is bad, then you must be bad. Everything is normally golden for him.

It not hard, Gold Coast, to host a closing ceremony. You get 1 or 2 GOOD acts, pump some upbeat music up, throw some beach balls to the athletes and host a party. Glasgow just had Kylie sing an hour concert. Would have been a better use of money.

GC Mayor, Tom Tate responded to criticism of the opening ceremony by saying "if you didn't enjoy that, you need to eat some veggies."

I think I needed to eat some mushrooms to enjoy the closing ceremony.

You needed to be drunk and even then that trash would be a push

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Beattie will apologies tomorrow, Tom Tate will say get stuffed and Anna Palaszczuk will say - well boys and girls wasn't that the best ever last night and aren't you all proud to be Queenslanders.

Well you can forget about Queensland ever hosting an Olympic Games after that clusterf@ck of a Ceremony!
Haha John Coates will never let that s**t happen. Better to * up a Comm Games over an Olympics.The IOC are more regimented than the CGF they wouldn't allow it to be taken over by an arty director.

Where the bloody hell was Rick Birch???

Beattie won't apologise.
Beattie turned saying sorry into an art form over his 10 years as premier. He knew how to say sorry we ****ed up and not affect his popularity ratings. Used to drive the Nationals and Liberals nuts.

The host broadcaster is the same mob that provide all the gear for the football right.

That could get interesting tomorrow.
Nah they are some mob called NEP. I had never heard of them until I did a search looking to see who was the broadcaster in UK markets and Canada midway thru the games.

The IBS used during the Olympics is owned by the IOC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back