Fantasy 2018 - Cutthroat League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MFL deleted the league but no I did win. Check the last posts on the 2017 thread

Mmm...

I saw WW for me and then a high score in week 17 so I'm claiming it.

Of the three division winners crowned in week 16 I scored the highest in week 17. At best you can split the title between the three division winners if you want to retroactively change your league's finals plan but I can't see how you can claim to have won it overall.

Mmm...

Of the three division winners crowned in week 16 I scored the highest in week 17. At best you can split the title between the three division winners if you want to retroactively change your league's finals plan but I can't see how you can claim to have won it overall.
Because the winner of Conference 1 played the winner of Conference 2 in the Super Bowl. And I beat you h2h.

The scores for week 16 also counted as the scores for the bowl games in week 17.

As is done every year. We don't actually play week 17, we finish week 16.

So my score of 166.1 defeated Lions Limpers 142.1 and Satisfactory Flowers 142.3 in the Guillotine Bowl.

So when you posted this last season in the lead in to playoffs, which is what I was going off, you meant "all bowls except the one that matters"?

No. Normally it's encouraged people out of the playoffs keep getting the best team they can because there's a manually done "bowl season" between the three conferences. Where all three teams who finished say 7th in each conference play each other, the highest scorer earning a bowl win.

So week 1 and 2 of playoffs is still sorting out the bowl standings, and week 3 of playoffs is the bowl game itself

Because that was weeks 15, 16 and 17.

The league ended week 16. You can see that in the playoff brackets. There were no week 17 games scheduled.

I probably erred in my description....or originally i planned that, but realized MFL doesnt allow for three-way games in week 17, and so that post youre quoting was probably early in the thread when I was envisioning that kind of set-up. But at the end of the 2017 thread i probably mentioned how week 16 is the final week and all scores in week 16 would count for bowl game too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The league ended week 16. You can see that in the playoff brackets. There were no week 17 games scheduled.

I probably erred in my description....or originally i planned that, but realized MFL doesnt allow for three-way games in week 17, and so that post youre quoting was probably early in the thread when I was envisioning that kind of set-up. But at the end of the 2017 thread i probably mentioned how week 16 is the final week and all scores in week 16 would count for bowl game too.

That post was made in between weeks 14 and 15, at the start of playoffs with no subsequent post about playoffs working any differently to that. As a newbie last year I was keeping an eye out on the thread for how it worked, hence why I thought it came down to week 17.

Face it Mr Lion, I am the reigning CT champion. My second crown in CT -- won the inaugural one and the ultimate one.

GG rocks.
Sure, your league, your rules. Just painful if you change the rules at the last minute and don't tell anyone.

Since when did the bowls system change????

Week 17 has always been the final on ESPN yet last year beacause it was on muffle, it changed.
something-smells-fishy-and-it-certainly-isnt-fish.jpg

Yeah, in again if its ESPN.

I can co-commish a 3rd league if required also GG.exe
You'll co-commish one of the two leagues.

I'll continue being the "owner" of the ESPN sites, but will make you and BGT run the two separate drafts, and make executive decisions if required about autopicks and people who BenchGate (not that they will intentionally), etc.

Since when did the bowls system change????

Week 17 has always been the final on ESPN yet last year beacause it was on muffle, it changed.
something-smells-fishy-and-it-certainly-isnt-fish.jpg
When? Some time between week 15 and 17. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back