List Mgmt. 2018 Delisted Free Agents

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
So looking at the amount of list spots we have left vs the amount of decent draft picks we have a couple of spots that might need to be filled by a castaway or two.

Taken from the main board and edited for only delisted players.

Adelaide
Ben Jarman (delisted)
Harry Dear (delisted)
Jackson Edwards (delisted)

Brisbane

Tom Bell (delisted)
Rohan Bewick (delisted)
Marco Paparone (delisted)
Claye Beams (delisted)
Jake Barrett (delisted)
Liam Dawson (delisted)

Carlton

Aaron Mullett (delisted)
Cameron O'Shea (delisted)
Matthew Shaw (delisted)
Jesse Glass-McCasker (delisted)
Sam Rowe (delisted)
Same Kerridge (delisted)
Jed Lamb (delisted)
Nick Graham (delisted)

Collingwood

Essendon
Brendon Goddard (delisted)
Jackson Merrett (delisted)
Josh Green (delisted)

Fremantle

Geelong
Aaron Black (delisted)
Stewart Crameri (delisted)
Ryan Gardner (delisted)
Cory Gregson (delisted)
Matthew Hayball (delisted)
Timm House (delisted)

Gold Coast
Michael Barlow (delisted)
Max Spencer (delisted)
Mackenzie Willis (delisted)
Josh Jaska (delisted)

Greater Western Sydney

Hawthorn
Jonathon O'Rourke (delisted)
Dallas Willsmore (delisted)
Kurt Heatherley (delisted)

Melbourne
Thomas Bugg (delisted)
Cameron Pederson (delisted)
Mitch King (delisted)
Pat McKenna (delisted)
Lachlan Filipovic (delisted)
Dion Johnstone (delisted)

North Melbourne
Billy Hartung (delisted)
Tom Jeffries (delisted)
Oscar Junker (delisted)
Gordon Narrier (delisted)
Daniel Nielson (delisted)
Josh Williams (delisted)
Mitch Hibberd (delisted)
Declan Mountford (delisted)

Port Adelaide
Jimmy Toumpas (delisted)
Emmanuel Ira (delisted)

Richmond

St Kilda
Ray Connellan (delisted)
Nathan Wright (delisted)
Hugh Goddard (delisted)
Nathan Freeman (delisted)
Sam Gilbert (delisted)
Maverick Weller (delisted)

Sydney
Alex Johnson (delisted)
Dean Towers (delisted)
Jordan Foote (delisted)
Angus Styles (delisted)
Jack Brown (delisted)

West Coast Eagles

Western Bulldogs
Kieran Collins (delisted)
Nathan Mullenger-McHugh (delisted)

Honestly I have little knowledge of most of these players but Johnathon O'Rourke raises an eyebrow. Bad injury woes over the years but considering how highly rated he was originally he might be worth a punt?

Goddard, Hartung, Crameri, Toumpas
giphy.gif

Max Spencer is a young KPD who was getting good numbers in his first few games, I wonder what they delisted him, was local kid too from memory. Kieran Collins was one everyone on here seemed to want as well. Dean Towers would be a handy back up in the same way Koby was, has the odd really good game but very inconsistent. Would be an injury back up more than anything, comes from a good side and would set some standards.

Sep 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
These dates might be posted elsewhere, so sorry if I’m duplicating things...

The key dates for delisted free agents are as follows:
Wednesday, 31 October 2pm: List Lodgement (1)
Thursday, 1 November: AFL delisted player free agency period (1) starts
Thursday, 8 November: AFL delisted player free agency period (1) closes
Saturday, 10 November: AFL delisted player free agency period (2) starts
Friday, 16 November 5pm: AFL delisted player free agency period (2) closes
Friday, 23 November 1.30pm – 2.30pm: AFL delisted player free agency period (3)
Tuesday, 27 November 2pm: Final AFL club list lodgement

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Max Spencer is a young KPD who was getting good numbers in his first few games, I wonder what they delisted him, was local kid too from memory. Kieran Collins was one everyone on here seemed to want as well. Dean Towers would be a handy back up in the same way Koby was, has the odd really good game but very inconsistent. Would be an injury back up more than anything, comes from a good side and would set some standards.
I think for us bugg, Hartung and Mountford are the interesting ones.

They can all play and were highly rated, Mountford has had injuries I can’t remember what his story is but when on the park he’s pretty good.

I don’t know if we’ll take anybody to be honest it’s hard to work out what we’re trying to do.

Last edited:
May 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Baghdadian Babes
Mentioned on the Draft thread Angus Styles, his 2016 pre draft highlight reel doesn’t look too bad http://www.afl.com.au/video/2016-11-03/draft-prospect-angus-styles
Would have been hard to break into the midfield at Sydney, but would have been a big learning experience.

Angus Styles

Club: Sandringham Dragons
Height: 184cm
Weight: 72kg
Position: Midfielder

Bio

Styles is an outside midfielder who has shown an ability to use the ball well by hand and foot. Styles represented the Sandringham Dragons in the TAC Cup competition and was impresive during his testing at the Draft Combine. He finished seventh in the 2km time trial during Combine testing. Attended Caulfield Grammar where he continued to hone his craft as a wingman with consistent performances when tested in the beep test. He makes good decisions with his ball in hand and has good vision of what is happening across the field.

I think for us bugg, Hartung and Mountford are the interesting ones.

They can all play and were highly rated, Mountford has had injuries I can’t remember waht his story is but when on the park he’s pretty good.

I don’t know if we’ll take anybody to be honest it’s hard to work out what we’re trying to do.

Mountford's best games always seem to be as a tagger. I think he was on Jack Steven last year and towelled him up. Bugg started at GWS looking like a potential star but never went on with it, probably best position is a small defender which we are over stocked with and Hartung must be doing something wrong to get delisted twice because he looks alright when he plays.

Mountford would be interesting because he seems to have been only around a couple of years and was quick. Could free up Steele from tagging duties.

Mentioned on the Draft thread Angus Styles, his 2016 pre draft highlight reel doesn’t look too bad http://www.afl.com.au/video/2016-11-03/draft-prospect-angus-styles
Would have been hard to break into the midfield at Sydney, but would have been a big learning experience.

Angus Styles

Club: Sandringham Dragons
Height: 184cm
Weight: 72kg
Position: Midfielder

Bio

Styles is an outside midfielder who has shown an ability to use the ball well by hand and foot. Styles represented the Sandringham Dragons in the TAC Cup competition and was impresive during his testing at the Draft Combine. He finished seventh in the 2km time trial during Combine testing. Attended Caulfield Grammar where he continued to hone his craft as a wingman with consistent performances when tested in the beep test. He makes good decisions with his ball in hand and has good vision of what is happening across the field.

He can use the footy and looks smart. Why was he delisted? Must be something to do with his attitude or something.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Mountford's best games always seem to be as a tagger. I think he was on Jack Steven last year and towelled him up. Bugg started at GWS looking like a potential star but never went on with it, probably best position is a small defender which we are over stocked with and Hartung must be doing something wrong to get delisted twice because he looks alright when he plays.

Mountford would be interesting because he seems to have been only around a couple of years and was quick. Could free up Steele from tagging duties.
It’s really all about opportunity bugg has ended up at two teams stacked with mids guys like Toby green make the hf role look easy others get a bit lost.

Belting mills and missing matches cost him as well, Hartung is another funny one his great strength is his run but he’s a short chipping kick of the football. I don’t see them as stars but I would be willing to bet both would play plenty of senior football with us. I would be happy enough to list one others would see it as adding more good ordinary players and take a chance with a late draft pick.

I just can’t figure out what we’re trying to do, are we playing for a spot in the eight or is it a rebuild. If it’s a rebuild shop around next years first and try and accelerate the process.

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
There was some hype pre draft we were gonna take Kieran Collins if I remember correctly.

Mitch hibberd was there about for our pick too. Went just before balic and Bonner and then we took white. I remember being pissed those 3 went the 3 picks most before us along with mathieson.

3 years later none of them are doing too much.

There was some hype pre draft we were gonna take Kieran Collins if I remember correctly.

Mitch hibberd was there about for our pick too. Went just before balic and Bonner and then we took white. I remember being pissed those 3 went the 3 picks most before us along with mathieson.

3 years later none of them are doing too much.

That was Sam Collins who was delisted by Freo and had a very good VFL season. KC looks a slow spud.

Good replacement for Stevens.

Partington was his state's standout player in the national carnival, averaging 24 disposals in five games and showing his traits as an inside midfielder with burst. He is tough, composed and controlled, but has also added an outside element to his ball winning.
At the NAB AFL Draft Combine, Partington showed he has some breakaway pace – he recorded a 2.96-second 20m sprint – to go with his strong endurance (level 14.1 beep test). His hands are clean, he isn't afraid of putting his head in dangerous spots and can spread quickly into space.

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bloody hell!

Hasn't that poor kid been through enough!

Best of all worlds. As much as I'd love for him to have a great career, if a team like Melbourne took him as depth / a project and then he turned into a star, I'd be a bit sick in me guts.

He can go up to GC and be as good as he wishes in what will not be a competitive team for years.

majortinkle

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Best of all worlds. As much as I'd love for him to have a great career, if a team like Melbourne took him as depth / a project and then he turned into a star, I'd be a bit sick in me guts.

He can go up to GC and be as good as he wishes in what will not be a competitive team for years.
Imagine his NEAFL stats - it will be like his development league game from 2017 - ah those salad days, full of hope.....

Back