Review 2018 delistings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex Keath is gettable, but I don't know if he will be a priority with EVW hopefully back also.

McKay is the long term KPD replacement, Majak is a bonus if we get something, and EVW can replace Thommo.

We can let Durdin go, and pick up something later in the draft to develop. There's always solid KPD prospects in that range.

I don't see McKay being a replacement for anything and Durdin is a bust.

We simply can't keep everyone and I am not sure they showed qualities which would demand a spot on a list, if it was that much of a howler of a decision then some other club would have picked them up during the draft or this year's mid-season draft. That doesn't mean they can't turn their footy around and make it as AFL players again, we can really only judge the club based on the evidence they had at the time.

Assuming we had no injuries at all our best defensive six would be:
FB: Williams Tarrant EVW
HB: Thompson Daw Pittard

Wright is out injured, back in the VFL, not sure if he will play again.

Macmillan and McDonald are always picked as well and Atley is now playing as a defender as well. Ahern is in the side now as a defender as well. Our defensive structure is kind of ****ed atm because we have a lot of players back there I have low confidence in actually defending. Those six players listed above I have confidence in defensively.

We would basically need half the squad to be wiped out for Hibberd or Mountford to force their way into our bloated back six and we are still short of the kind of players that can stop the zippy small opposition forwards from tearing us apart. They simply weren't the answer back then and I can understand the club letting them go. I don't think Hibberd or Mountford are answers to our existing problems, we just refuse to recruit anyone sub 180cm who is fast, agile and light of frame or have natural instincts on how to rove or how to play against those type of players.

I don't see McKay being a replacement for anything and Durdin is a bust.
If every key defender's fate was decided after 16 games there would be some very good players who's career's would not have seen the light of day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If every key defender's fate was decided after 16 games there would be some very good players who's career's would not have seen the light of day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Isn't Durdin 23?

Isn't Durdin 23?

Durdin and McKay would likely have racked up 50-100 games of footy had we vacancies in the back half, with Tarrant, Thompson and Daw (last year) and previously Firrito taking a medium/tall position before then we haven't had the opportunity for our key defenders.

Rob Tarrant would be at the head of the list.

Lol yeah play them both in the back half with Jmac and Lmac right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hibberd may have another shot at a career in the afl as an inside mid. Just not at NMFC, it is the one position on the list we have some real quality in. He Is a great runner, but he isn't crafting his VFL game around that. He has chucked on some size and putting his eggs into a clearance and contested ball winner, which is coming at the expense of his running game.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A crying shame has the tools, hasn't the intensity imo.
I reckon he's gone a long way to rectifying that this year. Might not make it but he's played some really good games at AFL level and is only just 23. I'd persist another year at least, especially given McKay has shown SFA outside of a few impressive training photos.

A crying shame has the tools, hasn't the intensity imo.

He will get his chance to prove himself, I think. He’ll, most likely, play in the last four games. It’s in Sam’s own hands. He’d be hurting after last week. He was schooled.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back