2018 Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

So just did a quick check up. He was diagnosed with brain damage from playing, said he had 14 concussions before he joined the AFL as an 18 year old and then a further 8-10 more in his 66 games.

Alot of Melbourne supporters will remember a couple of his concussions were severe aswell.
Bell had everything you'd want from a prospect except peripheral vision. Had no idea of anything, anywhere except directly where his eyes were pointing.

You'd think someone would have noticed and steered him to less three dimensional sport. I reckon the bloke probably battles driving a car safely.

Indeed, my weekends have just opened up considerably.
Well, whenever you get a break in-between games, check out one of the best quarters Melbourne produced during the Dark Ages.

Tommy ****ing McDonald is a beast.
Only his first year playing as a forward too!

Not sure if anyone has given you a run down on him but he was one of the best key defenders in the competition as far as stopping opposition offensives. However, his disposal coming out of the back line was shocking and cost us alot of goals. Since some of the younger guys have taken the reigns down back, Tom has been moved forward and seems to be playing more naturally now that he is not under the pressure of being in the backline which can be quite intense. As you can see the move has been a good one for us and him.

Well, whenever you get a break in-between games, check out one of the best quarters Melbourne produced during the Dark Ages.

Man that moment of silence right before Wonnaemirri put us in front. The entire stadium held their breath.

I actually watched this clip when AFL twitter account put it out earlier in the week. I had a long post about the Gold Coast game and a bit about this clip from 2008, but it doesn’t seem to have been submitted for some reason.

Shorter version of that post: I like this team- a lot.

I’m only at halftime of the Blues game but it seems like the route is on. Next four matches look really intriguing (both Adelaide teams, Bull Dogs and Pies).

Also, Viney is bulldog out there. Loved the stories about him in youth games, and when first training with the Dees.

Remind me again what position he plays. It’s Gawn, ginger and Viney working the ground together correct? Who was filling that position while Viney was out- Lewis??

Also, Viney is bulldog out there. Loved the stories about him in youth games, and when first training with the Dees.

Remind me again what position he plays. It’s Gawn, ginger and Viney working the ground together correct? Who was filling that position while Viney was out- Lewis??

Brayshaw/Jones/Harmes mostly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been away from AFL for a few days now and I'm jonesing (do Aussies use "jonesing"?)

Hopefully back to watch second half of the Carlton game tomorrow.

Been away from AFL for a few days now and I'm jonesing (do Aussies use "jonesing"?)

Hopefully back to watch second half of the Carlton game tomorrow.

Absolute drubbing of the Blues!

Top of the AFL ladder after round 9:

West Coast- 32
Richmond- 28
Melbourne- 24
Adelaide- 24
Sydney- 24
Port- 24

Must have been quite a week of build up leading up to the Adelaide game.

I'm pretty excited for it myself, so I'm not going to give you the chance to tip me off to a potential poor result- I'm watching it now.

Absolute drubbing of the Blues!

Top of the AFL ladder after round 9:

West Coast- 32
Richmond- 28
Melbourne- 24
Adelaide- 24
Sydney- 24
Port- 24

Must have been quite a week of build up leading up to the Adelaide game.

I'm pretty excited for it myself, so I'm not going to give you the chance to tip me off to a potential poor result- I'm watching it now.
Entering the game, we had won 14 quarters in a row (which in itself was equal 9th in the Top 10 Most Quarters Won Consecutively League-Wide). Winning all 4 quarters against Adelaide would put the streak at 2nd out-right on the list. After the Richmond/ Hawthorn games, this was Melbourne's first chance to prove that we were a team that could go far into September.

Also, if you're wondering why Melbourne is playing a home game at a ground where a huge tree that is just behind the boundary fence, it's because we have an agreement with Tourism NT to play a game at Alice Springs in the middle of the country (last year was against Adelaide, this year is against West Coast) and a game at the Northern Territoy's capital, Darwin (Last year was against Fremantle, this year is against Adelaide). There has been a game at Marrara Oval a.k.a. TIO Stadium in Darwin every year since 2004, with two played between 2010 and 2013, with Melbourne playing 1 game a year since 2010. Traeger Park or TIO Traeger Park in Alice Springs has had Melbourne host a game since 2014.

My understanding is that nobody likes the fact that we sell two home games to play in the middle of nowhere, away from where the Grand Final is played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back