2018 Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Full on avalanche. You all must have just been partying in the stands.
When we beat WCE to confirm finals, we felt lucky and relieved.

When we were beating GWS the next week, we started to feel like we deserved to play finals. And god damn that feels good.

Love them. I almost came on here as soon as I saw it to say I love it, but then that seemed a little silly. But then ended up forgetting to mention it.

Does this mean I’m on an island loving these jumpers?

The red V really stands out against that blue. Crisp, clean- not a lot of clutter.

Nah maye everyone loves the royal blue jumper.
No no no no no. I think AA was referring to the special 150 year anniversary jumper we wore against GWS in round 23. I loved it - we looked mint.

I like the Royal blue away kit also, and the clash kit with the red back. Actually all of the jumpers are looking good these days. I’ve almost forgotten the weird white strip with the shield blob of a few years back.

No no no no no. I think AA was referring to the special 150 year anniversary jumper we wore against GWS in round 23. I loved it - we looked mint.

I like the Royal blue away kit also, and the clash kit with the red back. Actually all of the jumpers are looking good these days. I’ve almost forgotten the weird white strip with the shield blob of a few years back.

Had to check it again.
Yeah quality strip

I’m pretty sure this is from the GWS game. 87A1A0FB-77BC-4355-81C5-3BE732C3520D.jpeg

I liked the ones against GWS the best, with the ones they wore at West Coast the round before right up there too,

Honestly the only ones I wasn’t crazy about were the ones they wore against the Crows in the NT.

Just finished up the GWS game. Harmes was terrific. And the way Weideman looks has me excited to see what he can do this season.

I haven’t committed to torturing myself with a viewing of the prelim final, but I’m going to really enjoy the next two, I promise you that.

Yeah I agree, where we're at with our guernsey range at the moment is absolutely bang on, we just need to avoid the temptation of messing with it in the next few years as a money grab scheme to boost sales, because anywhere from here is a step down.

Honestly the only ones I wasn’t crazy about were the ones they wore against the Crows in the NT.
Ahh that's the indigenous jumper.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-05-14/jeffys-aunty-creates-indigenous-jumper-

One of the rounds of AFL is set aside as the indigenous round. All clubs change their jumper to an indigenous design to honour their past and present indigenous boys. As Alice Springs has a high indigenous population (and therefore a higher percentage attending the game), we usually play in our jumper regardless of whether it happens to be the nominated indigenous round or not.

I can't believe we finally got around to talking about the jumpers and I had to work during the conversation.
I think AA was referring to the special 150 year anniversary jumper
I think you meant 160th year, the 150th was the silver gradient one. http://www.footyjumpers.com/images/Melbourne-Uniform2008C.png
I haven't been a fan of any of the Indigenous/Sir Doug Nicholls Round jumpers Melbourne has worn. http://www.footyjumpers.com/melbourneindig.htm
Love them. I almost came on here as soon as I saw it to say I love it, but then that seemed a little silly. But then ended up forgetting to mention it.
http://www.footyjumpers.com/melbournehome.htm
The jumper is based on what Melbourne wore after WWI ended, we made finals the year we stopped wearing it (then won a Grand Final the year after).
The Royal Blue jumper became our home jumper in 1975 when Australia got colour TV, we made finals the year we stopped wearing it (then lost a Grand Final the year after).
Since 1935 (bar the 12 seasons of Royal), we have worn the same Red Vee yoke on Navy jumper, around the same time Melbourne became the Demons.
http://www.footyjumpers.com/melbourneall.htm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's crazy that I care about the jumper so much but I'm actually disappointed when we wear those white clash jumpers. Doesn't feel like Melbourne.

I don't think we should ever take to the field without a yoke, the current jumpers are perfect

Did we wear all white for some games, I don’t even remember. If so, I vote no on that as well.

33-2 at quarter time!!!

Chris Scott flipping out about the umpiring is only adding to my enjoyment.

Gonna have to stop here for the night, unfortunately.
Chris Scott reacting to things when they're losing is great to watch

Super important questions folks: where can I get a large wall decal of the Dees logo (like my avatar)?

I was hoping that these guys had them but they don’t:

https://www.fathead.com/
I reckon you would have to get it custom, send the logo to a place that does Decals, I had a quick look online and couldn't find a place that sells them off the shelf so to speak.

I reckon you would have to get it custom, send the logo to a place that does Decals, I had a quick look online and couldn't find a place that sells them off the shelf so to speak.

Bummer. I’m guessing that could end up being pretty expensive to have custom made. Also probably copyright issues involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back