Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Watching this Hawthon game over a series of days unfortunately.

The sequence of events with Gunston rattling the post and then finishing with ANB running free to goal- really exciting stuff.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Watching this Hawthon game over a series of days unfortunately.

The sequence of events with Gunston rattling the post and then finishing with ANB running free to goal- really exciting stuff.

Loved Melksham there. Hand to hand combat with their last defender.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
3rd quarters with this team.

Any idea why?

I think young teams generally struggle in 3rd quarters because the longer break for half time means your muscles cool down an you start feeling all the corkies.

Than an the coach gets to yell at you behind closed doors

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I think young teams generally struggle in 3rd quarters because the longer break for half time means your muscles cool down an you start feeling all the corkies.

Than an the coach gets to yell at you behind closed doors

Maybe I’m only remembering the good games we had, but my recollection is 3rd quarters we have been really good.

They opened a nice lead in this one late in the 3rd.

Middle of the 4th now and they’re under relentless pressure inside their own 50. So much tension- can’t imagine when you don’t already know the result.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Maybe I’m only remembering the good games we had, but my recollection is 3rd quarters we have been really good.

Middle of the 4th now and they’re under relentless pressure inside their own 50. So much tension- can’t imagine when you don’t already know the result.

Yeah I dunno there's more pressure in the last than the 3rd. You build a lead in the 3rd but you are holding on in the 4th. It's all psychological.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Yeah I dunno there's more pressure in the last than the 3rd. You build a lead in the 3rd but you are holding on in the 4th. It's all psychological.

This makes sense.

And on that note, these guys really responded in a big way to the Hawthorn rally.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Overall a terrific win (obviously). First half had some very sloppy moments. I don’t know if that was nerves, or something specific the Hawks were doing in their coverage/marking schemes, but we had far too many poor kicks in situations where the kicker wasn’t under pressure.

The Hawks reslly rub me the wrong way. They really seem to want to get under your skin and get you off your game- same antics as the first time we played them. Our guys looked up for the skirmish though and unfazed by their head games.

Wasn’t a game where our normal guys featured in big roles. Ginger didn’t seem to be his usual ever present self, and Maxy had a proper battle on his hands in the ruck with Mcevoy. Hibberd and Petracca seemed to be making big plays all game, and Melk was huge late.

I won’t be watching the West Coast debacle. Truth is I watched it back in October- at least the early part. And I don’t plan to subject myself to that again.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Was so tense I had to turn the tv off at 3/4 time and only peeked at the scores every few mins on my phone

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Overall a terrific win (obviously). First half had some very sloppy moments. I don’t know if that was nerves, or something specific the Hawks were doing in their coverage/marking schemes, but we had far too many poor kicks in situations where the kicker wasn’t under pressure.

The Hawks reslly rub me the wrong way. They really seem to want to get under your skin and get you off your game- same antics as the first time we played them. Our guys looked up for the skirmish though and unfazed by their head games.

Wasn’t a game where our normal guys featured in big roles. Ginger didn’t seem to be his usual ever present self, and Maxy had a proper battle on his hands in the ruck with Mcevoy. Hibberd and Petracca seemed to be making big plays all game, and Melk was huge late.

I won’t be watching the West Coast debacle. Truth is I watched it back in October- at least the early part. And I don’t plan to subject myself to that again.
Hawthorn are really well coached and they have experienced leaders which is part of the reason they have had alot of success in recent years.

This also means that they are a chance in most games even though they may not have the best team on the park.

Think of them like the New England Patriots, even in seasons where Brady hasnt had the best receivers to work with they are still dangerous, because everyone does their job and sticks to the game plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Hawthorn are really well coached and they have experienced leaders which is part of the reason they have had alot of success in recent years.

This also means that they are a chance in most games even though they may not have the best team on the park.

Think of them like the New England Patriots, even in seasons where Brady hasnt had the best receivers to work with they are still dangerous, because everyone does their job and sticks to the game plan.

This strengthens my dislike of the Hawks. Thanks for the analogy mate- it helps.

To get a complete picture of how bad we’ve been you should also watch the Geelong 186 game and the Essendon 146 game from a few years back.

You're a harsh bastard o_O

They're for next off-season, after he's been through at least one full season of the rollercoaster with us.

To get a complete picture of how bad we’ve been you should also watch the Geelong 186 game and the Essendon 146 game from a few years back.

Who is on our list who played in either of those games? Jones and Tmac?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back