MVP 2018 didaka Medal - round 2 voting vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey all,

We have missed kicking off the didaka Medal this year - I'm happy to tally up the votes each week as per previous years.

For those who aren't familiar, the didaka Medal is the Collingwood BigFooty MVP award. The medal is voted on only by the Pies BF community and is named after a much loved member of this board who sadly lost his fight with cancer a few years ago.

Last year's winner was Taylor Adams. The leaderboard thread from 2017 can be found here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2017-didaka-medal-winner-announced-post-52.1161020/

Anyone interested can vote in the weekly voting thread, nominating their best 5 players for the round in a 5/4/3/2/1 format.

Can kick off the voting this week if people want to participate. I'll leave this up for a couple of days before counting the votes.

5. Grundy
4. Aish
3. Treloar
2. Sidebottom
1. Scharenberg

Apologies to Pendles, Dunn, Howe.

5. Grundy
4. Pendlebury
3. Howe
2. Sharenberg
1. Aish

5. Grundy
4. Scharenburg
3. Pendlebury
2. Aish
1. Phillips

Apologies to Treloar (I should give him 5 for my avatar's sake). Although he kicked two rippa goals, I felt he only had patches of elite midfield performance rather than for all four quarters.

glad this is back

Best wishes to all

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5: Grundy - dominated the ruck and worked his arse off around the ground, capping it all off with 2 goals.
4: Howe - the best pick up the club has had since probably Clement
3: Pendles - great response after last week. His tackling in the first half kept us in it.
2: Murray - terrific addition to the side. His run and carry exactly what we need. Needs to find the right balance between keeping a cooler head and assessing options but at the same time also keeping the audacity and instinctiveness of his running game. If he can nail that he'll be brilliant for us.
1: Phillips - is treated exceptionally harsh on here. He ran hard to create an option for us all game. If we had a quality ball user that Phillips could dish it off to instead of having to take the decisive kicks himself he would be much more effective for us.

Schaz, Sidey, Aish and Dunn all very unlucky. Our defense held up brilliantly.

5 - Grundy
4 - Phillips
3 - Pendlebury
2 - Howe
1 - Scharenberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back