D3 2018 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GE at home to Manningham turned out to be a cracker. Tough opponent with some big bodies. Pretty even till half time Third quarter GE got up to a 7 goal lead. Manningham came home with the wind in the last term but it was too much to catch . Hopefully GE will have some of the 10 they had out Saturday to go out to neverland at Aquinas. Hawthorn seem to be the big improver. Fourth spot may be a big battle.
Everyone has injuries. Get on with it.

As stated by Phantom, was a great tussle against Manningham, but it’s about time that the Amateurs declared some teams jumpers are a clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like it was a cracking game at KB Reserve with Canterbury beating Richmond by the one point.

I did hear that despite the win, Canterbury didn’t stick around for a beer after the game. Function on? Surely you still stick around for one quick ale...

I don't want to discourage you as I enjoy the combine banter... but just so you know we're proud of our history and to ensure you get your facts straight we have a timeline on our website.

https://gleneirafnc.com.au/about-us/
The one thing I like about this so called banter is that it allows the keyboard warriors to mock, jeer and drop the occasional lie. But we do enjoy our club and we do enjoy the fact that we are so fast growing. Naysayers will always look to find fault. Amazing they don't find any faults in their own clubs first. Sad when a lot of these clubs that are a part of GE were having difficulties none of you put your hands up to help. The GE Gryphons are a happy merge which guarantees a lot of players a game on a Saturday. Sorry we can't be as perfect as your clubs. Amazing how certain people can't stick to their own divisions but must bless us poor minions with their wisdom.

The one thing I like about this so called banter is that it allows the keyboard warriors to mock, jeer and drop the occasional lie. But we do enjoy our club and we do enjoy the fact that we are so fast growing. Naysayers will always look to find fault. Amazing they don't find any faults in their own clubs first. Sad when a lot of these clubs that are a part of GE were having difficulties none of you put your hands up to help. The GE Gryphons are a happy merge which guarantees a lot of players a game on a Saturday. Sorry we can't be as perfect as your clubs. Amazing how certain people can't stick to their own divisions but must bless us poor minions with their wisdom.

Well said PS and I genuinely think that your efforts to maintain the history of the various clubs involved are commendable. Can’t have been easy without a school and/or junior feeder and also being surrounded by other VAFA and SFL clubs. In my view some of the commentary directed towards GE has been grossly unfair. We should reflect on on how our own clubs are travelling rather than take cheap shots at others.

Over the years quite a few lads from my club have found their way to GE and they speak highly of the place. A bit more local competition is healthy as it keeps other clubs’ on their toes. I have been around long enough to remember CBC Old Boys and the many great people associated with that club. For obvious reasons there were some close bonds between DLS and CBS but the size of the school and rapidly changing demographic of that area meant it was inevitable that the footy club would not survive. Great for the old CBC people to have some of their history maintained.

GE are doing a great job.
This is D3 for gods sake. So many clubs in D Grades struggle. No feeders, no help. Can’t believe anyone (other than Bedders) would criticise them. Hansie..why would you like his post?? You’ve been around footy clubs. I know who you are. Get down to GE on a Thursday and a Saturday and I can assure you, your liking of ignorant posts would disappear.
GE are giving kids a chance to play footy. Previous clubs that are part of the GE transformation struggled. It happens. Look at Ormond. A once proud A Grade club languishing in D Grade. Nobody is immune from struggling.
I predict GE will be a big riser in years to come. Full of great Ammos people.

GE are doing a great job.
This is D3 for gods sake. So many clubs in D Grades struggle. No feeders, no help. Can’t believe anyone (other than Bedders) would criticise them. Hansie..why would you like his post?? You’ve been around footy clubs. I know who you are. Get down to GE on a Thursday and a Saturday and I can assure you, your liking of ignorant posts would disappear.
GE are giving kids a chance to play footy. Previous clubs that are part of the GE transformation struggled. It happens. Look at Ormond. A once proud A Grade club languishing in D Grade. Nobody is immune from struggling.
I predict GE will be a big riser in years to come. Full of great Ammos people.
Got to give a lot of credit to the foreseeability and belief of the president. Apart from on field he has built an infrastructure second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back