D3 2018 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRules said:
(iii) Water Carriers: Each team is allowed four water carriers who are to
deliver water after a goal has been scored and before the ball is
bounced in the centre to restart play.
(iv) If an umpire deems that any of the officials listed in (i), (ii) or (iii) are
not correctly performing their duties as listed, the Field Umpire will
award a free kick against the offending team. If the same official
offends again then he/she is to be removed. However the official may
be replaced.
(v) Water Carriers are NOT allowed within 30 metres of the coaches boxes
at any time during matches.
They are not to deliver messages to players, or to remain on the
ground once water has been delivered.

It's not often enforced at a lower level. The higher up the tree you go the more the club helpers are expected to know and abide by the rules. When you've got a couple of kids and an old bloke who didn't run fast enough when the team manager had a handful of water carrier bibs... you'd think the umpire would use some discretion, speak politely to any water carriers hanging around, and let them know what they are doing is wrong before paying a free kick against them. Certain people just don't get the message though.

Last edited:
It's not often enforced at a lower level. The higher up the tree you go the more the club helpers are expected to know and abide by the rules. When you've got a couple of kids and an old bloke who didn't run fast enough when the team manager had a handful of water carrier bibs... you'd think the umpire would use some discretion, speak politely to any water carriers hanging around, and let them know what they are doing is wrong before paying a free kick against them. Certain people just don't get the message though.
Unfortunately there are different kids who do water each week on a first in basis to make a few bucks a pie and a dri. Most have a fair understanding of the rules but team managers haven't time to give instructions. They are just happy to get helpers. Last year a certain club insisted our water boy be replaced because he looked too young. Could hear animals close by. Haha.

Unfortunately there are different kids who do water each week on a first in basis to make a few bucks a pie and a dri. Most have a fair understanding of the rules but team managers haven't time to give instructions. They are just happy to get helpers. Last year a certain club insisted our water boy be replaced because he looked too young. Could hear animals close by. Haha.

Thank goodness they cared. Under 15 not covered by VAFA insurance.
HAHA - OH MY

PS Give these 30/40 rotating waterboys a brief instruction sheet if your T M hasn't got time or cares!
THE EYE
:(

A good defence against free kicks is to make sure one of the water carriers runs into the middle every couple of goals to attend to the hydration/cooling of the fluoro oddballs. Same at the quarter time breaks. Just sayin'.

Umpires are well taken care of at GE during and after game. By the way EYE the free kick against the water boy was brought up by the opposition
GE didn't object or complain because umps followed the rules correctly. Our mistake.

Last edited:
WHAT CLUB WOULD RISK YOUNG CHILDREN?

THE EYE

:devil:

Flog. My 6 year old is always eager to run water in my vets games.

You are too fond of having a swing at everyone and everything. Show some testicular fortitude and come out and say who you support. Or you are Michael sholly and I claim my $10

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

[QUOTE="Over The Post, post: e same ones who can't find anyone else to do it and promise them a pie and a can of drink after the game? :D[/QUOTE]

Just in case anyone is suggesting GE are using under age water boys or girls we don't do that. Also any smart comments that they are only getting a pie and a drink can't read. Did you not read they also get some payment. Mountains out of molehill ruin this thread.

Wasn't referring to GE at all, PS. Was fondly remembering my days at Westbourne as a club umpire and volunteer, with two boys playing juniors and me doing seniors on a Saturday. Pie and a drink was the going rate for water carriers. Really young ones got a hot dog in return for doing the scoreboard, although they usually needed adult help with the maths and interest waned after two quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flog. My 6 year old is always eager to run water in my vets games.

You are too fond of having a swing at everyone and everything. Show some testicular fortitude and come out and say who you support. Or you are Michael sholly and I claim my $10

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FLOG now that hurts!
Wasn't referring to GE at all, PS. Was fondly remembering my days at Westbourne as a club umpire and volunteer, with two boys playing juniors and me doing seniors on a Saturday. Pie and a drink was the going rate for water carriers. Really young ones got a hot dog in return for doing the scoreboard, although they usually needed adult help with the maths and interest waned after two quarters.

FLOG now that hurts! I'll read between the lines for you. Players can go without water rather than risking under age children doing it. Happy for you to have a different point of view.

SAD EYE

:sick:

FLOG now that hurts!

FLOG now that hurts! I'll read between the lines for you. Players can go without water rather than risking under age children doing it. Happy for you to have a different point of view.

SAD EYE

:sick:

What do you think of 10 year olds doing boundary? That happens far more often.

Look out the fun police is back...VAFA (no idea) why don't you tell us what you have done to contribute to a club ?.
These kids running water look forward to being involved with their dad's , it's memories shared for life !.
You get on here and pot clubs left right and center but refuse to identify who you support, you must be a sad person to be around .

Look out the fun police is back...VAFA (no idea) why don't you tell us what you have done to contribute to a club ?.
These kids running water look forward to being involved with their dad's , it's memories shared for life !.
You get on here and pot clubs left right and center but refuse to identify who you support, you must be a sad person to be around .

Hey Cobba Not the issue - Shook hands with your Pres last year - that's a clue just for you

THE MISUNDERSTOOD EYE

:oops:

Agree , it's a fantastic way to get the kids involved.

My 4 kids played, officiated and one achieved the highest accolade being Pres. Now my grand children are starting the cycle again. A great contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back