D3 2018 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drove past Latrobe uni yesterday and saw that the club rooms are being torn down and the oval ripped up. anyone from the uni boys elaborate as it would be shame not to play on that bug ground

Oval is being redeveloped. Going to be some great facilities when it's finished. Believe they will be playing at Parades school oval for 2018 season.

Looks like the Draw is out and here is Round 1.

Saturday April 7 2018
Aquinas v Albert Park
Canterbury v Swinburne Uni
Richmond Central v Manningham
Glen Eira v La Trobe Uni
Hawthorn Citizens v Westbourne

Teams amended in op.

My prediction for next season's ladder is.

Swinburne University Razorbacks
Westbourne Warriors
Canterbury Cobras
Manningham Cobras
Hawthorn Hawks
Richmond Central Snakes
La Trobe Trobes
Aquinas Bloods
Glen Eira Saints
Albert Park Falcons

My prediction for next season's ladder is.

Swinburne University Razorbacks
Westbourne Warriors
Canterbury Cobras
Manningham Cobras
Hawthorn Hawks
Richmond Central Snakes
La Trobe Trobes
Aquinas Bloods
Glen Eira Saints
Albert Park Falcons
Every one of these teams has had a stint in D4 in the not too distant past. Seems like a bit of a reunion! (Glen Eira~Gryphons)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early Ladder Prediction:

Westbourne
Glen Eira
Canterbury
Richmond Centrals
Swinburne
Aquinas
Manningham
La Trobe
Hawthorn
Albert Park

Glen Eira were % off staying up, Westbourne were on fire last year and a slow second half in the prelim cost them promotion. Huge numbers

Throw a blanket over 3-8

Early Ladder Prediction:

Westbourne
Glen Eira
Canterbury
Richmond Centrals
Swinburne
Aquinas
Manningham
La Trobe
Hawthorn
Albert Park

Glen Eira were % off staying up, Westbourne were on fire last year and a slow second half in the prelim cost them promotion. Huge numbers

Throw a blanket over 3-8
My sense is both Aquinas & Manningham will finish a bit higher than this. I think at least one of them will play finals.

My sense is both Aquinas & Manningham will finish a bit higher than this. I think at least one of them will play finals.

Every chance - It will be a very even comp this season. Blanket 5 - 6 teams as a chance of getting the last couple of spots in the 4

Geeze was going to ask how a club i played at when I had a year in Melbs (the Falcons) are looking...

Not great from the predictions?

Yeah they aren't travelling to well in the players stakes either so I've heard.
You move back home mate?

You move back home mate?
Nah mate we had a year (or 18 months) in Melbourne and then headed to Geelong. Much better lifestyle for us.

I also realised 3 things
- playing footy when you have kids is hard as severely impacts your time with them
- It is much harder to recover as you are older, especially if you've got troublesome knees
- i just simply wasn't very good :D

You move back home mate?
Also it's a shame if that's the case, ripping bunch of blokes when i was there

Also it's a shame if that's the case, ripping bunch of blokes when i was there

I made the move down from Cairns, my uncle got sick and i'm helping look after his family.
I know Capper who played last season, he can't play this season but he said that they are around 30 blokes down??

Hopefully they get enough, to many clubs are dying while the top end of town lives large.
Might see you at the Cats home game at the G. ;)

Nah mate we had a year (or 18 months) in Melbourne and then headed to Geelong. Much better lifestyle for us.

I also realised 3 things
- playing footy when you have kids is hard as severely impacts your time with them
- It is much harder to recover as you are older, especially if you've got troublesome knees
- i just simply wasn't very good :D
I can relate to all those points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back