D3 2018 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of finals, hope that Glen Eira gets rolled as in fairness to other d3 clubs this year and 2016, merger meant they should’ve started in d2 and not d3, way too strong!! And knowing David Matthews is a much better coach than Shane!
Isn't It pathetic that there is a hater like you left on D3. You must have a huge hatred for people at GE turning up to play a game if footy and all those volunteers that give them that chance. Shame on you. Know the club know the people you disgrace. By the way a person called Shane is not the current coach.

The club should be contacted Monday and advised the prescribed is not valid & attendance is required.

They used to be.
Happy to stand corrected if the rules (or the implementation of the rules) have changed. Not close enough any more to know for sure, but the reporting umpire has no chance of knowing history unless they'd been involved in the earlier report!!!

Isn't It pathetic that there is a hater like you left on D3. You must have a huge hatred for people at GE turning up to play a game if footy and all those volunteers that give them that chance. Shame on you. Know the club know the people you disgrace. By the way a person called Shane is not the current coach.

Phantom, you are correct on your point that Shane isnt a coach! David Matthews shouldve coached them in 2016 in D2. And how am I a D3 hater when I am sticking up for 9 other clubs that get belted every week. Also, Im not bagging 'Glen Eira people, just the fact that VAFA shouldve put them in D2 to even it up, although I do know that Shane was sacked early into season in 2017. Any coach that had them in 2016 or this year are a walk up premiership coach...

Phantom, you are correct on your point that Shane isnt a coach! David Matthews shouldve coached them in 2016 in D2. And how am I a D3 hater when I am sticking up for 9 other clubs that get belted every week. Also, Im not bagging 'Glen Eira people, just the fact that VAFA shouldve put them in D2 to even it up, although I do know that Shane was sacked early into season in 2017. Any coach that had them in 2016 or this year are a walk up premiership coach...
So you want GE to be rolled in the finals so they can keep thrashing sides in D3 next season. By the way they were relegated last year from D2. Worry about your own club and yes you do come across as a hater. Also what on earth has the coaching selections at GE got to do with you?

Last edited:
Windy day at Packer and GE got the chocolates. Seems Richmond had little to play for but yet they fought their hearts out. Well done to their senior players for coming in for a drink. GE got a couple of players back and hopefully the others will be back before the finals. Reserves and under 19s won and the thirds drew against the top side in their season end.

Manningham v Richmond
Albert Park v GE.
La Trobe v Aquinas
Swinburne
v Canterbury
Westbourne v Hawthorn.

That fourth spot is going to be a huge battle.

Powerhouse barely hanging on in D2, Albert Park gone in D3 and South maybe scraping into finals in D4 surely the VAFA will be pushing for a GE style merger

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how they survive really. Powerhouse , Albert Park and South all within a K , makes it hard and I know the Ammo's are worried about the future of some.

Collegians and Ajax within that 1 k radius as well. Five clubs playing on the same patch but unlike the others, those clubs at least have a school and community from which to draw players.

Remember Albert Park are the result of some name changes, mergers and relocations already so we should not get too squeamish about the M word here.

Surely better than two clubs folding and players missing out. What amazes me that you haters only pick on GE without knowing facts but don't worry about all the other mergers ib the VAFA.

PS is obvious a GE fan, ask you a question if I may? what has happened to or where has Monash Gryphons identify gone after the so called merger/takeover?
Surely, if AP, SMD & Powerhouse were to merge, they would play at Powerhouse ground, maybe call themselves the Powerhose Giants or Albert Park Giants and get GWS to provide free footy jumpers, and remain in Divvy 2.

PS is obvious a GE fan, ask you a question if I may? what has happened to or where has Monash Gryphons identify gone after the so called merger/takeover?
Surely, if AP, SMD & Powerhouse were to merge, they would play at Powerhouse ground, maybe call themselves the Powerhose Giants or Albert Park Giants and get GWS to provide free footy jumpers, and remain in Divvy 2.

Again someone with no knowledge spouting off. The club is called Glen Eira Gryphons. Check the VAFA website for our logo. I am a founding member of 48 years and am not spouting BS. Oh by the way check the fixture and you will also see a team called Monash Gryphons playing. You must feel good pal.

Again someone with no knowledge spouting off. The club is called Glen Eira Gryphons. Check the VAFA website for our logo. I am a founding member of 48 years and am not spouting BS. Oh by the way check the fixture and you will also see a team called Monash Gryphons playing. You must feel good pal.
So you'd be a life member of about 9 clubs and no doubt deserve it , as it's so hard to get volunteers for any level.

Oh yes PS, I actually played c grade footy against GE Saints and aligned to one club where I was player, committee man etc etc...so know my ammos history...

By the way, did ex supercoach (Shane Kelly) hang around for a beer after Richmond Centrals were belted. (agh to be a fly on the wall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back