List Mgmt. - 2018 Draft Day Thread | Page 43 | BigFooty

List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Day Thread

Discussion in 'Western Bulldogs' started by Wizard17, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Tommycash

Tommycash Norm Smith Medallist

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Swan Districts, Glory
    I'd also say that our draft this year is surely a response to last years youthful sides being put out every week. Couple that with losing more experience than we gained and I think we were concerned we might be looking at another year where we were sending boys against men. Bringing in over-agers and VFL players ensures that we have depth with more toughness who are closer to standing up to the rigours of AFL footy. Agree that it is a short term approach but that might not be such a bad thing given where we are currently at. I wouldn't want to see the trend continue but I think it is pretty savvy for the coming few years.

Dry Rot and Southern 8 like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Pugz89

Pugz89 Norm Smith Medallist

Western Bulldogs
    Cavarra is only 22 or 23, so could easily have 10yrs left in him, Duryea will still only be 27 when the ball is bounced for round one. Lloyd is the only real short term pick up at 28, 29 by round one imo.

Tommycash likes this.
  3. Mr. Walker

Mr. Walker Club Legend

Western Bulldogs
    Will be fascinating to compare in four or so years - can you bookmark your post and bring it up Then ?

In drafting a Rhylee and a Jordon it's obvious correct spelling is not high on Bevo's rankings.

MrChristo and Tommycash like this.
  4. Munnez

Munnez Senior List

Western Bulldogs
    Have to give him a little leeway in his first bite of the cherry! If he went balls out and stuffed it completely, there would be Pitchforks everywhere with Powers name on them.
    Give him a year or two to get on top of it, and I think he may be more willing to pull the trigger. He will have a better feel for list needs by then as well.

Testekill likes this.
  5. Munnez

Munnez Senior List

Western Bulldogs
    Lost some good to great players going the other way though. Sheil & Satterfield are two that come to mind