2018 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

you should cull Jack and Bennell though and get better free agents like Dunkley.
Lol, like I'd be carrying Jack if Dunkley was available. We have a 16 person league with squads of 19, the waiver wire is seriously slim pickings. Headlining the list of free agents is Josh Green and Taylor Duryea.

If Bennell comes back and plays, he's a potential premo from last pick in the draft, happy to sit him on the pine and see how it pans out.

Lol, like I'd be carrying Jack if Dunkley was available. We have a 16 person league with squads of 19, the waiver wire is seriously slim pickings. Headlining the list of free agents is Josh Green and Taylor Duryea.

If Bennell comes back and plays, he's a potential premo from last pick in the draft, happy to sit him on the pine and see how it pans out.

Mines an 18 team league with squads of 22 (18 on field). Most of the teams cop multiple doughnuts each week because there just aren't enough midfielders in the player pool to go around. Nearly all of the playing free agents are KP defender types and spud forwards. I have Dow, Brayshaw & Coffield starting in my mids and My F1 by average is Dunkley FFS. Yet somehow I'm ranked 2nd overall for points scored.

Mines an 18 team league with squads of 22 (18 on field). Most of the teams cop multiple doughnuts each week because there just aren't enough midfielders in the player pool to go around. Nearly all of the playing free agents are KP defender types and spud forwards. I have Dow, Brayshaw & Coffield starting in my mids and My F1 by average is Dunkley FFS. Yet somehow I'm ranked 2nd overall for points scored.
that's way too many. is it even enjoyable?

that's way too many. is it even enjoyable?

I'm enjoying it, as it's a bit of a challenge. I totally fluffed draft night and wound up with the weakest squad. So I've spent the 1st month picking up free agents (good players) that others with strong teams have rage traded. I haven't had a bench all year as it's filled with injured players that others have discarded because they needed 18 starters. I reckon by the byes I'll end up with the strongest squad. I just make sure I have 18 starters each week. If I can win enough games to stay in/near the top 8 I'll win that league. It's actually a good exercise if you have an itchy trade finger, get the rage out of your system in draft instead of burning all your trades in classic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My opponent has had 12 play(6 remain) for 1188 his captain has played.

I'm at 789 through 8 players. My VC was Fyfe.
Do I loophole with a bench score or 34, or roll with roll with Max Gawn as captain. If I loop I'll be 974 through 9 players.

How's everyone else travelling? My list mirroring the Crows: Josh Kelly, Toby Greene, Michael Walters, Charlie Curnow, Nathan Wilson, Michael Barlow, Dion Prestia all missing over the past couple of weeks. Macrae and Sandi have somehow gotten me over the line despite carrying multiple donuts.

This is what my Draft team currently looks like. Don't laugh it finished #1 in my league for overall points scored and has made it to Prelim final this week. I've lost half my premo's to LTI's already but somehow still scoring 1500-1700 every week on the back off Titch & Cripps taking it in turns to pump out monster C scores. (Viney is the VC loophole this week) Brodie Smith confirmed in this week which is good, hoping at least one of Barlow or CEY come in to their team.

There's not much to choose from out of the Free Agent pool (listed below pic) if there are any players from the list you think are worth trading in feel free to offer some advice. Cheers

draft.JPG

Free agent pool (dregs)

Defs
Jasper Pittard
KK
---
Mids
David Mackay
Adam Kennedy
Sam Gibson
Jesse Lonergan
Will Brodie
James Worpel
Andrew Brayshaw
Paddy Dow
---
Ruc
Mathew Lobbe
---
Fwds
ZGL
Mitch Brown
Darcy Lang
Jy Simpkin
Darcy Moore
Levi Greenwood
JKH
Riley Knight
Teia Miles

Wow. My team, finished 4th (given the amount of injuries I copped this year), straight through to Prelim next week. Free agent list pretty similar to yours!

View attachment 536366

You have a lot of premo's in your 19 man squad & I only have an extra 3 players but with only a hand full of premiums. Are you playing in a 10 team comp or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back