List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you are allowed to think that's what will happen.
Have a look back to some doom & gloom threads after the Barry Hall episode & how we were going to be in all sorts of trouble going forward. Well we had a bad 2009 not making finals but Baz was a big part of that. After that we recruited Bradshaw who was the Tippett of the time. 3 year contract & hardly played though he looked good when he did.

Rinse & repeat.

agree

its also interesting though at that time we did have a bit of a flop year- similar to this year in a way though missed finals

Remember that offseason though we didnt chase big stars per say but were aggressive

In Mumford, Kennedy, Mcglynn, Seaby
2 picks in top 15 Rohan and Jetta then Reid in the second round
Bradshaw PSD

club had old warriors go like kirky, magic fosdike etc and were pretty ruthless

Miss those good off seasons of tough calls

Look its highly likely that Kennedy Jack Smith Grundy Mcveigh and Buddy all improve 10-15% on their year prior

The time injured has allowed Mills Naismith and Mellican to turn into stars

Reid will have become an ever better and more important structure player now

Well they haven't got worse yet. Just wait until it starts again. Yes Jack may drop off etc, etc, but Mills just being there improves us 10%
Naismith will allow us to play the two ruckmen required.

Well they haven't got worse yet. Just wait until it starts again. Yes Jack may drop off etc, etc, but Mills just being there improves us 10%
Naismith will allow us to play the two ruckmen required.

It could all happen its not completely unrealistic, just would need a lot of luck IMO

agree

its also interesting though at that time we did have a bit of a flop year- similar to this year in a way though missed finals

Remember that offseason though we didnt chase big stars per say but were aggressive

Bradshaw PSD

a RECORD 8

agree

Bradshaw PSD

I remember when we fizzed out of the finals against the Dogs at the "G" with Barry Hall tearing us a new one. It was Roos' & Kirky's last game I think, correct me if I'm wrong & I walked away thinking how sad it was & how would we turn it around without our warrior in Kirk.

Things change very quickly & if Horse wasn't the man for the job, things would move rather quickly the way our club works.

a RECORD 8

we should do a poll,

Who adds more to the board, you or I

nah second thoughts we might both lose :p
off topic ffs

wtfdwft

bloody vics

Agreed but I also think that’s because he had a group of players who were one-dimensional. I don’t mean that as an insult, but guys like Kennedy, Parker, Hanners, Jack, McVeigh and even Mitchell etc. are basically in and under or bust. So even if he wanted to break a game open and try a different approach, I don’t think he had the right personnel at his disposal.

Well he does now, so we shall soon find out.
Not sure I would have ever called McVeigh in and under haha. Slow/ one paced, I know what you mean.

I remember when we fizzed out of the finals against the Dogs at the "G" with Barry Hall tearing us a new one. It was Roos' & Kirky's last game I think, correct me if I'm wrong & I walked away thinking how sad it was & how would we turn it around without our warrior in Kirk.

Things change very quickly & if Horse wasn't the man for the job, things would move rather quickly the way our club works.

agree

this time next year horse will either be gone or extended, we will have clarity imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fizzled out?! We lost by 5 points and would’ve won if Bradshaw didn’t forget how to kick straight. The game was a belter!

Why do people on here misremember our games against the Bulldogs? IDMBHI!

Fizzled out?! We lost by 5 points and would’ve won if Bradshaw didn’t forget how to kick straight. The game was a belter!

Why do people on here misremember our games against the Bulldogs? IDMBHI!

2009, i remember it

Teddy Whitten carved us up in the end, if only SKilts tackled him before that goal

It certainly seems like that was the plan, to bring in a couple of medium/small defenders so Mills and Jones could go up the field.

With nobody coming in seemingly, in order to facilitate Jones and Mills up the ground it seems like the options are:
1. O'Riordan straight into the 22
2. Re-sign Marsh
3. Florent moves to HB
Is that you Horse?

Rumour is all the big trades are being held back until tomorrow so they can be aired on live TV. That's what's happening, yeah? Shiel & Wingard to Sydney but they want to keep it for the last minute for the TV ratings
Apparently that's why the Swans haven't announced Fyfe yet.

maybe Sydney the city is unattractive, it is expensive to live in, could the afl do something to help with that?

Lockout laws are part of the reason I left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back