List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, pick 1 was overrating him, but that's grossly underrating him. Kid is a gun and would be even better in a good team. Crazy x-factor.
The kid will be 24 next year, 81 games under his belt, his best season was only 24 goals, and has a grand total of 1 brownlow vote to his name - very low for a midfielder/forward. I would like him at the Swans but he's not worth a first rounder based off of what he's proven.

The kid will be 24 next year, 81 games under his belt, his best season was only 24 goals, and has a grand total of 1 brownlow vote to his name - very low for a midfielder/forward. I would like him at the Swans but he's not worth a first rounder based off of what he's proven.
Fair enough. I still feel like he could be elite in the right environment. I think Rioli would have been about as good as Martin has been at the Suns, but I'd still have given up a first round pick for him at his best.

The kind of player that can really be the icing on the cake for a contending team IMO.

On Trade Talk:

There's a feeling that something big, something out of left field is still to come.

The Swans have been here all day and have been known to move stealthily.

On Trade Talk:

There's a feeling that something big, something out of left field is still to come.

The Swans have been here all day and have been known to move stealthily.

In other words, keep tuning in guys! And click on the AFL site too!

We'll be trading our pick 26 to get more points IMO

I am not as convinced we can find another that would be advantageous for us. We could trade #26 into 2019 and get another second round or even late first if a club is desperate.

Either way we can continue to trade picks in the lead up to the draft and during live trading during the draft itself. So I am not sure we will see it traded by tonight.

The only trade I could see would be #26 for Brisbane 32 & 44 which would give us +215 points. However this would actually negative effect our end draft position after Blakey.

We would use 32 & 33 and 38 would drop to around 49. That would leave us with 39, 40, 44 and 49.

If we used 26 & 33 it would be 39, 40, 41 (created from 38 dropping) from memory.

So perhaps it would depend if we want to downgrade our other picks to get another pick in the late 40s ie turning 41 into 44 and 49 effectively.

Have Collingwood traded out pick 18 yet?
(Corrected from our, bit presumptuous of me!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we’re saving picks for Blakey but you really believe we are going to use all those picks to get him?

As it stands if will be 26 & 33 with a downgrade of 38 to 41 leaving us with 39, 40, 41 after Blakey.

Some of our picks will move up two spots if we do that and it’ll be 37, 38 and 41 due to us using those picks (off top of my head).

Melbourne fans seem pretty upset, but I reckon they have smashed it today.

May, KK and pick 23 for Hogan? Not bad at all for someone who was always going to go.
Yeah they'll be laughing if Kolodjashnij can get back to his 2014/15 form. They can cover Hogan solidly internally and their defence is starting to look very good.

As it stands if will be 26 & 33 with a downgrade of 38 to 41 leaving us with 39, 40, 41 after Blakey.

Some of our picks will move up two spots if we do that and it’ll be 37, 38 and 41 due to us using those picks (off top of my head).

So 37, 38 and 41 will be our live picks after Blakey?

Surprise trade for Cats and Swans
By Peter Ryan

The Sydney Swans are set to land Geelong defender Jackson Thurlow in a surprise trade.

The talented 24-year-old has been out of favour at the Cats in recent times but he has plenty to offer and will meet the Swans' need for a rebounding defender, allowing Callum Mills and Zak Jones to move up into the midfield.

Having missed out on Tom Langdon, the popular Thurlow will be a perfect recruit for the Swans.

wonder if hogan got his 8 years. freo have done well to bring in hogan, lobb and picks 11 and 19 after starting with pick 6.

thurlow for pick 70. just swapping out depth for depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back