Preview 2018 Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Bishop still reads BigFooty. Cleric and I discussed Gold Coast taking Lukosius and Rozee in my thread yesterday.
Hang on a minute mate, that's not fair. Both he and I knew this news for at least a few weeks. I didn't release it as I didn't feel it's my news to tell, he knew before I did and that's been for quite some time, he just got confirmation on the weekend.

I can 100% guarantee Bishop did not get the news from your thread, and certainly not yesterday. We were chatting about it a while back about that exact possibility.

Yep. They also have another strong forward called Anzac Lochowiak.
Don't reckon Anzac gets drafted at this stage. He needs to prove he is willing to work a lot harder than he does. One of the laziest footballers I have seen. No question he has the ability but not good enough to coast like he does at the moment. Slads no guarantee either. Needs to grow a bit otherwise I am not sure he is mobile enough.

Don't reckon Anzac gets drafted at this stage. He needs to prove he is willing to work a lot harder than he does. One of the laziest footballers I have seen. No question he has the ability but not good enough to coast like he does at the moment. Slads no guarantee either. Needs to grow a bit otherwise I am not sure he is mobile enough.
I have seen Anzac cut teams up. He plays that pressure forward role alot, which isnt always thr best to get stats on.
Both should be in next years U18 SA team.
I will tell you this.
I sat around a few recuiters at the SA U17s vs 16s game and read a frw of their notes.
They were interested in the following players above all else in the U17s team.
Cam Taheny
Jed Mcentee
Anzac Lochowiak
Daniel Sladojevic
Trent Burgoyne
Kesiah Pickett

Anyone know where I could find a list of which clubs have already signed category B rookies for 2019? I'm pretty sure the Eagles have signed two basketballers and I feel like the Lions might have signed more Irish players.

Anyone know where I could find a list of which clubs have already signed category B rookies for 2019? I'm pretty sure the Eagles have signed two basketballers and I feel like the Lions might have signed more Irish players.

The Dees have signed Austin Bradtke and Guy Walker from other sports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Lions have signed an Irishman James Madden, he broke the all time 20 meter sprint and agility records at testing.
http://www.lions.com.au/news/2018-08-14/madden-signs-for-2019

Also signed Tom Fullarton, was playing for the Brisbane Bullets in the NBL until only a few months ago, was a representative Aussie Rules player at under 15/16 level.
http://www.lions.com.au/player-profile/Tom Fullarton

You know what guys.? I've taken a bit of this & a bit of that from this forum (drafting) for years, then added my visuals & arrived at what I thought was best for my club.

The BF infighting has emigrated here unfortunately and sadly, this forum is no longer something I trust.
If you knew how heated the discussions get within clubs list management teams you wouldnt be so upset about BF.

The Lions have signed an Irishman James Madden, he broke the all time 20 meter sprint and agility records at testing.
http://www.lions.com.au/news/2018-08-14/madden-signs-for-2019

Also signed Tom Fullarton, was playing for the Brisbane Bullets in the NBL until only a few months ago, was a representative Aussie Rules player at under 15/16 level.
http://www.lions.com.au/player-profile/Tom Fullarton

That is so ******* lightening. Any idea what he tested for agility?

I have seen Anzac cut teams up. He plays that pressure forward role alot, which isnt always thr best to get stats on.
Both should be in next years U18 SA team.
I will tell you this.
I sat around a few recuiters at the SA U17s vs 16s game and read a frw of their notes.
They were interested in the following players above all else in the U17s team.
Cam Taheny
Jed Mcentee
Anzac Lochowiak
Daniel Sladojevic
Trent Burgoyne
Kesiah Pickett
Tell me a bit about Jed ? Sturt boy ? Pressure forward ? Or mid ? Speed ?

Yep a good Sturt boy.
Only issue I see with him is height. He is still in the 170's, so hopefully he can put 10 cms on before he is drafted. Ultra consistent.
175 cm 70kg when measured last year prior the Championships, possible but 10 cm might be a stretch.

Rumours go here? Bishop (Matt Balmer) reporting:

• Carlton locked in on Walsh, as has been rumoured for a while.
  • Gold Coast want Lukosius and Rozee, reducing go home factor because they're apparently best mates.
  • Gold Coast not interested in the Kings or Rankine.
  • Bailey Smith expected to fall out of the top 5.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...o/news-story/c253caae1689f69332276a06b29d5518

Same manager Lukosius & Rozee. Unsure if Rozee is worth being pick 3 though, GC should back themselves in that in two years they'll be showing signs. I understand that it is a worry with the go home factor but don't think going up there with a mate is going to help. All depends on the individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back