Welcome 2018 draft pick 52: Welcome to Hawthorn Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't get the rewards this week as he did against Roos.

But his hard work was important. Was great when the ball hit the deck, missed a gettable goal in play and gave away a soda to Breust.

With his work rate, he's probably ahead of Lewis. Gets another week easily.

Created a lot of contests and smashes packs. I like it. Brough Breust, Moore and Brockman into the game

I was more of your classy wingman/defender. So maybe Clarko can slot me on a HBF and we can move Day to the wing and then use Phillips in the middle.

In the 80's 'classy' wingman meant someone who doesn't like a lot of contact. That's not what you mean of yourself I suspect.

His work rate and selflessness has Roughead vibes.
I thought he played an excellent goalless game.

I agree.

On two occasions he kept his opponent out the contest which led to two OBrien marks. There was one opportunity where OBrien could have returned the favour but instead lept for the mark, and didn't take it. I'm not judging Timmy, maybe taking on more senior responsibility is what he's being asked to do. I'm just saying that Kosi had a good impact for no goals himself. Bit early to compare him to Roughy, remember how good a mark Roughy was from day one? He was well ahead of Franklin at that point. In terms of just team-oriented, yea we are justified in getting excited.

Further to everything that's already been mentioned, I loved that his defensive instincts kicked in when he was out positioned. He got a fist in and brought the ball to ground at least three times. I can live with forwards not winning every contest, but they shouldn't lose them either. Kosi was great at not losing the contest.

Further to everything that's already been mentioned, I loved that his defensive instincts kicked in when he was out positioned. He got a fist in and brought the ball to ground at least three times. I can live with forwards not winning every contest, but they shouldn't lose them either. Kosi was great at not losing the contest.
Very true, Kosi was great in not losing the contest, but also following up on the ground and staying in the contest.
Showed a lot of endeavor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Notice he's got the haircut before Clarko announced it to the team?

Either he knew beforehand and it was all a bit of theatre, or he really does have a lot of belief in himself!
Or your eyes are deceiving you and he got a clean up on his fade once he was told, rather than a full haircut. ;)

His foot speed is going to go underrated by many oppo clubs. Nick Hind tried to put the burners on him in the 4th with no luck

Next week comes up against the best defence in the comp, perfect challenge for him. He'll get a lot out of it, whatever happens.

Is he battling for a spot with Lewis? Would love to see them play together, with TOB, but when Gunston comes in, can all 4 play together, especially with 2 rucks?

Shows more effort than Lewis, and more active once ball hits the deck.

Is he battling for a spot with Lewis? Would love to see them play together, with TOB, but when Gunston comes in, can all 4 play together, especially with 2 rucks?

Spot on.

I think Clarko will be challenging Mitch to show much more intent and will to compete, once the ball hits the ground.

And without a doubt we can’t play all 4 together, opposition defences will Walt’s it out of our forward line.

I don't see it as Kosi or Lewis. Long term I think Lewis will probably be a David Hale type, split between ruck and forward. So I think it is Cegs that should be worrying about how Lewis is going....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back