Welcome 2018 draft pick 52: Welcome to Hawthorn Jacob Koschitzke

On Topic

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm really excited about Koschitzke's potential output this year. I didn't think he would make it as a forward so it was pleasing to see something that suggests otherwise.

Hopefully he can reproduce his performance where it really counts.

So it's rare air.
Top six scoring shots in Hawthorn's history:

Dunstall 22 scoring shots (17.5)
Dunstall 20 scoring shots (12.8)
Dunstall 18 scoring shots (12.6)
Hudson 17 scoring shots (8.9)
Hudson 17 scoring shots (16.1)
Franklin 17 scoring shots (13.4)

Edit: I forgot to include Dunstall's 12.6 18 in 1992 against Richmond, as I was going to do the top five different players...

Last edited:

lyger

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2010
Source
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Top five scoring shots in Hawthorn's history:

Dunstall 22 scoring shots (17.5)
Dunstall 20 scoring shots (12.8)
Hudson 17 scoring shots (8.9)
Hudson 17 scoring shots (16.1)
Franklin 17 scoring shots (13.4)
Was the top row (22 scoring shots) against Richmond at the G?

If I recall correctly, there was a passage of play late in the game where Piggy’s opponent (Scott Turner?) let a Hawthorn player walk into an open goal rather than give Dunstall the chance to equal Fred Fanning’s record of 18 goals?

I remember thinking, just kick it backwards to Dunstall as he would have probably taken the mark, the way he was going that day.

If I recall correctly, there was a passage of play late in the game where Piggy’s opponent (Scott Turner?) let a Hawthorn player walk into an open goal rather than give Dunstall the chance to equal Fred Fanning’s record of 18 goals?

I remember thinking, just kick it backwards to Dunstall as he would have probably taken the mark, the way he was going that day.
Yes it was. Also the 12.6 in third position was against them in the return game making his year haul against Richmond 29.11, 40 scoring shots against a single team in a season. To put that in perspective in Jack Gunston's entire career he has had 36 scoring shots against Richmond.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Waverley, not MCG

Toasted

All Australian
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I was at that game and remember what your talking about. I remember the Richmond player staying on Dunstall on the goal line and Anderson ran to the top of the goal square and propped for half a second, but the tigers player wasn’t budging so he kicked the goal past him.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was at that game and remember what your talking about. I remember the Richmond player staying on Dunstall on the goal line and Anderson ran to the top of the goal square and propped for half a second, but the tigers player wasn’t budging so he kicked the goal past him.
My brother tried to get a copy of that game. They wanted to charge him $1000 because it had not been captured in a format they could print to DVD. Such a shame it isn’t available for viewing.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And the attendance was like 6 million that day.
My brother and I were going to the game, but the South eastern arterial was blocked due to roadworks
As Satnavs were not around, and I didn’t own a Melways, we turned around and went home (we lived near Kilmore)
Not happy Jan!

Rushed_Behind

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2009
Buying Giraffes!!!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My brother and I were going to the game, but the South eastern arterial was blocked due to roadworks
As Satnavs were not around, and I didn’t own a Melways, we turned around and went home (we lived near Kilmore)
Not happy Jan!

I lived in Vermont south at the time. Behind Burvale Hotel. Walked from there to the soccer club which was near Waverley. Our reserves were getting pumped so decided to walk to Waverley with a couple of mates. Best dumb decision I ever made.

Also Jarman got reported in the last quarter for remonstrating with an umpire over Dunstall not getting a free when another Hawk got one I think.

And the attendance was like 6 million that day.
I was one of the six million that day, though I don't recall the ground being packed. I was sitting at the scoreboard end, to which we kicked in the last quarter. It was a privilege to be there! I was also at the Collingwood game there years earlier when I think the crowd was 90Kish. A lot of people that day were stuck downstairs and couldn't even get in to see the game. From memory, I think a heap of them were given refunds.

Back