Welcome 2018 draft pick 52: Welcome to Hawthorn Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Kosi is a forward. I don’t think it’s relevant where he was playing when drafted. He nearly got delisted when playing as a back.

Even with Lewis back he stays in the 22 for now - he plays the 2nd ruck/fwd role McEvoy was playing before injured. The balance is a little off but with rotations we won’t have gunston, Lewis and kosi in the same fwd line for much of the game.

Longer term we need to find a way for Lewis and one of kosi/Jeka to work together. Gunston has 2-3 years left at most and potentially leaves this year as a free agent. Need to create some chemistry quick.

Kosi is a forward. I don’t think it’s relevant where he was playing when drafted. He nearly got delisted when playing as a back.

Even with Lewis back he stays in the 22 for now - he plays the 2nd ruck/fwd role McEvoy was playing before injured. The balance is a little off but with rotations we won’t have gunston, Lewis and kosi in the same fwd line for much of the game.

Longer term we need to find a way for Lewis and one of kosi/Jeka to work together. Gunston has 2-3 years left at most and potentially leaves this year as a free agent. Need to create some chemistry quick.
Kosi & Lewis played 11 times on a quick count last year, their first together and Kosi's first season Kosi kicked 16.7 and Lewis 18.6 in these games

If we were to have these 2 play 11 games together this year they could be around the 30 goal mark each plus their individual goals (games where the other hasn't played) add in Jack, Moorey and Punky and we are starting to get a spread of goal kickers.

It is the synergy of these 5 we need to get going not just Kosi & Lewis, they may have played 1 game but I hope to see at least 10.

Currently we have 4 blokes with around 15 goals each to their name and Kosi with 9, we need some real pressure small forward to add this mix, however that gives us potential of 5 players kicking 30 plus goals each for the season and the beginning of some fire power.

Best of luck tonight pal, you're really going to need it. Hopefully battles admirably and stops Witts from having a stupidly high percentage of hitouts to advantage.
If he can take Witts to the backline and be dangerous that's a win. He was good against the Tigers as the 2nd ruck and was ok last week. I can see improvement in the role occuring. If he can have an impact around the ground while helping limit Witt's effectiveness he has done his job.

If he can take Witts to the backline and be dangerous that's a win. He was good against the Tigers as the 2nd ruck and was ok last week. I can see improvement in the role occuring. If he can have an impact around the ground while helping limit Witt's effectiveness he has done his job.

He'll have to beat Witts on the lead. IMO his best bet is to run off him and beat him around the ground.

He's a really well spoken kid by the seems of things.

Love the idea that Scott called him up just to be like "when I was your age I benched three plates and did chin-ups during my rest period, get big".
I just like to hear that Scott is becoming more involved in the club again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I'm a very insular person. Not introverted, as such, but I'm not the rowdy and rambunctious type. I like to have my own space and I found it difficult in the hub because I would be rooming next to everyone and seeing them every day at dinner, lunch, on your days off"

😂

"I'm a very insular person. Not introverted, as such, but I'm not the rowdy and rambunctious type. I like to have my own space and I found it difficult in the hub because I would be rooming next to everyone and seeing them every day at dinner, lunch, on your days off"

😂
A very clunky way of saying he likes his alone time lol

I know a lot of people dismiss a player like Kosi if he doesn’t become Buddy Franklin straight out of the draft, but I still have faith he will be at least a very solid KPF.
I have a lot of hope for Kosi too. Can’t fault his endeavour. I would waaaaaaay prefer someone having a massive crack but messing things up occasionally than someone with sublime skills that squibs contests and short steps contensts.

Lost all confidence ATM, really hope he can take a few steps forward in 2023 or we might need new arrangements.
Maybe we should try him in Defence - has anyone thought of that yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back