Welcome 2018 draft pick 52: Welcome to Hawthorn Jacob Koschitzke

cryptor

Premium Gold
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don't get me wrong, I reckon he'll be a great player. He's definitely athletic enough.
That's the view that I took away from your post. I was more just pointing out to anyone who might consider him a slower version of Frawley that the other attributes you mentioned makes him a similar sort of defender to Lake. One that doesn't rely on athletic ability to be a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tige19

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 13, 2003
Mar-a-lago
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NUFC, Orlando, Packers, Trump
I'd say we should be excited about every kid coming through unless they give us enough reason not to be.

From my viewing, Kosi has struggled with injury a bit this year which is probably due to being conservative with injury troubles from last year. That being said, he's a bloke I expect to make a very reliable AFL level defender.

He plays a fair bit like Frawley, in that he's really effective at using his body in spoiling - has a fair bit less toe than Frawley at his peak, but is a better read of the ball and mark and is a bit more composed.
Good size, strong body and reads the play well.. perfect player to man the big lumps like Hawkins/Lynch and Brown, guys that aren’t elite quick.

Top Bottom