List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Prospects aka the West and Khamis thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He played mainly forward in the final qtr of the game against GC @ Ballarat earlier in the year. From memory, he did okay but obviously pretty raw.
It's become a culinary question. How would you like your rucks ... raw or cooked?

He played mainly forward in the final qtr of the game against GC @ Ballarat earlier in the year. From memory, he did okay but obviously pretty raw.
English was good in that quarter up forward. He drew 2 free kicks from getting his arms chopped in the marking contest and kicked a goal. He presented well.

FUTURES’ RESULTS
Some of the best U17 talent from the TAC Cup took to the field at IKON Park on Sunday in two Futures games.

Vic Metro 4.2 5.4 10.11 13.13 (91)

NSW/ACT 2.1 6.3 7.4 12.8 (80)

Goals – Lucas Rocci (Western Jets) 2, Josh D’Intinosante (Northern Knights) 2, Josh Honey (Western Jets) 2, Brodie Newman (Calder Cannons) 2, Chayce Black (Eastern Ranges) 1, Steven Kyriazis 1, Daniel Mott (Calder Cannons) 1, Darcy Cassar (Western Jets) 1, Sam Ramsay (Calder Cannons) 1

Best – Miles Bergman (Sandringham Dragons), Brodie Newman (Calder Cannons), Mitch Mellis (Eastern Ranges), Jeka Emerson (Western Jets), Ryan Sturgess (Northern Knights), Josh May (Oakleigh Chargers)

Vic Country 2.3 5.2 4.11 7.14 (56)

Queensland 2.0 2.4 5.2 7.4 (46)

Goals – Josh Smith (Gippsland Power) 4, Jye Chalcraft (Murray Bushrangers) 1, Flynn Perez (Bendigo Pioneers) 1, Fraser Phillips (Gippsland Power) 1.

Best– Darcey Chirgwin (Geelong Falcons/Sandy Dragons), Flynn Perez (Bendigo Pioneers), Josh Smith (Gippsland Power), Bigoa Nyuon (Dandenong Stingrays), Fraser Phillips (Gippsland Power), Mitch Martin (GWV Rebels)

A heads up not to be surprised if we select Ian Hill from WA with our first. Not sure who tops our lists from other states, but know Hill is a runaway favourite from WA. Quick, great goal sense, high pressure... ticks many boxes.

A heads up not to be surprised if we select Ian Hill from WA with our first. Not sure who tops our lists from other states, but know Hill is a runaway favourite from WA. Quick, great goal sense, high pressure... ticks many boxes.
He's the only WA prospect who looks like a possibility to go top ten atm so not sure how much we should read into that necessarily

I would be. Hill’s undersized and been pretty disappointing in recent games considering he was a potential top 10 pick at the start of the year. Wou;dn't think if Freo would even take him with pick 7. Extremely weak draft pool coming out of WA this year compared to last year. So for him to be runaway favorite form WA isn't really saying that much.
If we are looking for players with those boxes you have listed Rozee has got him covered by the length of Flemington straight. Been much more impressive against senior competition in the SANFL.

I would be. Hill’s undersized and been pretty disappointing in recent games considering he was a potential top 10 pick at the start of the year. Wou;dn't think if Freo would even take him with pick 7. Extremely weak draft pool coming out of WA this year compared to last year. So for him to be runaway favorite form WA isn't really saying that much.
If we are looking for players with those boxes you have listed Rozee has got him covered by the length of Flemington straight. Been much more impressive against senior competition in the SANFL.

Yep I think you're correct on all of those points.

Simply passing on what I know, our drafting team are big fans, but how that measures up against the glut of SA kids who look destined to shoot out the lights, or the group from Vic Metro, I'm unsure.

Yep I think you're correct on all of those points.

Simply passing on what I know, our drafting team are big fans, but how that measures up against the glut of SA kids who look destined to shoot out the lights, or the group from Vic Metro, I'm unsure.
Interesting. Sounds like there on the lookout for foot skills and pace which Hill and Rozee are the main two in our draft range. Guess live trading leaves the door open for Hill if the club swing a deal with Adelaide looking to move up. Any other names mentioned?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Sounds like there on the lookout for foot skills and pace which Hill and Rozee are the main two in our draft range. Guess live trading leaves the door open for Hill if the club swing a deal with Adelaide looking to move up. Any other names mentioned?

The second guy on the list from WA is Stack, not sure if he's related to Brennan from back in the day. But got the impression he'd be more of a later pick if at all.

I don't come into a huge amount of info. This came from two of our state scouts a few weeks back. As we all know anything can go down on trade night, particularly now with live trading too, so it could all end up being mute points.

At least it kind of confirmed that we're in the market for skilful, quick guys with goal sense.

The second guy on the list from WA is Stack, not sure if he's related to Brennan from back in the day. But got the impression he'd be more of a later pick if at all.
Sydney Stack - a tough undersized inside mid. I'd say it's unlikely they're too closely related.

I recall James Aish reportedly playing well in the SANFL. A lot on here were disappointed when we took the Bont.

Playing seniors now can also mean they are fully developed and have limited future improvement.

I recall James Aish reportedly playing well in the SANFL. A lot on here were disappointed when we took the Bont.

Playing seniors now can also mean they are fully developed and have limited future improvement.

Adelaide recruiting staff member said Bontempelli over Aish would go down as one of the great draft blunders.........

I tended to agree with him at the time.

I don't come into a huge amount of info. This came from two of our state scouts a few weeks back. As we all know anything can go down on trade night, particularly now with live trading too, so it could all end up being mute points.

At least it kind of confirmed that we're in the market for skilful, quick guys with goal sense.
Stack was one who definitely stood out to me at the champs, really liked the look of him. Michael Ablett on commentary having no issues letting the world know that he has some off field issues was a bit of a worry however.

Hi guys , just wondering how old is Luke darcys son ? Think his name is sam and have read before he is a gun ?

I am sensing us being bent over again come this draft and would be surprised should we get a top 7 pick.

Between the Free agency compo for the Suns and suggested compo picks for Sun, Blues and possibly saints just get this feeling we will push back in the order a fair bit not only in round one but third round where given our desperation for points (West) slipping back 2 or 3 spots really hurts us.

I am sensing us being bent over again come this draft and would be surprised should we get a top 7 pick.

Between the Free agency compo for the Suns and suggested compo picks for Sun, Blues and possibly saints just get this feeling we will push back in the order a fair bit not only in round one but third round where given our desperation for points (West) slipping back 2 or 3 spots really hurts us.
Any priority picks will very likely be end of first round.

What are the chances of rankine slipping to us ? Who do you guys believe we will take with pick 6 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back