List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Prospects aka the West and Khamis thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints management put pressure on everyone to make finals
Explains the huge risk to fill in the gaps

Everyone, right down to the scouts. I don't think they can get out of this mess and expect a full scale clean out at end of next year.

Was about to post the same thing.

Last edited:
Suns into Rozee & Lukosius. That would be a great haul for them.

Saints like a King.

Lions like ?

Freo like a King/Smith.

We only need to get to the Lions pick for Smith, it isn't that far away.
Lions might lose that pick for Neale. So it would be Freo with the two picks there, so could get both those.

Suns into Rozee & Lukosius. That would be a great haul for them.

Saints like a King.

Lions like ?

Freo like a King/Smith.

We only need to get to the Lions pick for Smith, it isn't that far away.
As long as the two Kings go before us, we get one of Rozee, Rankine or Smith. Any would make me happy.

Lukosius and Rozee good mates, it's a clever move from the Suns.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...o/news-story/c253caae1689f69332276a06b29d5518

Looks like I was on the money having Rozee as my 4th favourite, Gold Coast looking likely to take him at 3.

Other things from this article (by bigfooty's own Bishop):
  • Dogs also keen on Rozee
  • Gold Coast not likely to take the Kings
  • Smith won't go top 5
  • Blues likely to take Walsh with pick 1
With the Saints interest in Max King, top 4 looks like this at this point:
  1. Carlton - Sam Walsh
  2. Gold Coast - Jack Lukosius
  3. Gold Coast - Connor Rozee
  4. St Kilda - Max King
That leaves Ben King, Bailey Smith, and Izak Rankine the remaining (current) top tier players. The two pick before us are likely either Brisbane/Fremantle or Fremantle/Fremantle if the Neale trade happens. Really hoping Fremantle take Ben King leaving us one of the other two (Smith I'd prefer). It would make sense for them to, especially if they have both picks.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...o/news-story/c253caae1689f69332276a06b29d5518

Looks like I was on the money having Rozee as my 4th favourite, Gold Coast looking likely to take him at 3.

• Smith won't go top 5
  1. Carlton - Sam Walsh
  4. St Kilda - Max King
That leaves Ben King, Bailey Smith, and Izak Rankine the remaining (current) top tier players. The two pick before us are likely either Brisbane/Fremantle or Fremantle/Fremantle if the Neale trade happens. Really hoping Fremantle take Ben King leaving us one of the other two (Smith I'd prefer). It would make sense for them to, especially if they have both picks.
The spanner in the works for this style of prediction now is live trading. If adaleaide and Port make huge offers to get top 5 picks on the night (for example) a whole new set of possibilities arise

• Smith won't go top 5
  1. Carlton - Sam Walsh
  4. St Kilda - Max King
You'd be pretty ecstatic with Rankine or Smith wouldn't you?
I don't see Freo taking King though, with the rumours of him wanting to stay in Melbourne. It's a tricky one. I see the Kings as our least need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The spanner in the works for this style of prediction now is live trading. If adaleaide and Port make huge offers to get top 5 picks on the night (for example) a whole new set of possibilities arise
Very true. Ooooh it's going to be exciting. At least live trading can't knock us down the order at all. And the SA teams won't be trading up for Smith, who I want most (besides Lukosius).

You'd be pretty ecstatic with Rankine or Smith wouldn't you?
I don't see Freo taking King though, with the rumours of him wanting to stay in Melbourne. It's a tricky one. I see the Kings as our least need.
I'd be doing cartwheels.

Same thing with Cerra, and they picked him and got him signing another contract. I reckon they'll back themselves if they like him. Same with Rayner an Brisbane. I reckon only Gold Coast will be scared off by that talk. With Ben King killing it the other day, and Freo needing KPPs, I can see them liking him enough.

• Smith won't go top 5
  1. Carlton - Sam Walsh
  4. St Kilda - Max King

Rozee would walk in to our fwd line next season. Spewing if this is how it pans out.

Will be interesting to see if we take Rankine if he’s at our pick.

Is it crazy for me to think like this?

Kings are brothers. It is rare that a family has one great AFL player, rarer if they have two. Kings are about as good as each other. Ergo extremely unlikely they will be great players. Probably is, but there you have it. My colossal intellect bared for all to see.

I'd be doing cartwheels.

Same thing with Cerra, and they picked him and got him signing another contract. I reckon they'll back themselves if they like him. Same with Rayner an Brisbane. I reckon only Gold Coast will be scared off by that talk. With Ben King killing it the other day, and Freo needing KPPs, I can see them liking him enough.
Surely Rankine doesn't slip to us? His upside is ridiculous.
I thought Rayner said before the draft that he didn't mind where he went and would stay the course?
Hopefully that's how it plays out. I like the Gold Coast move honestly. Might mean we can't get Rozee, but they need players who will stay so getting mates in together is a great way to do that.

Surely Rankine doesn't slip to us? His upside is ridiculous.
I thought Rayner said before the draft that he didn't mind where he went and would stay the course?
Hopefully that's how it plays out. I like the Gold Coast move honestly. Might mean we can't get Rozee, but they need players who will stay so getting mates in together is a great way to do that.
Yeah it's a clever move from them.

I agree that Rankine's the interesting one. His attitude is the issue and it's not something us as fans have an accurate idea of. I think it's safe to say the SA teams want him though. If he's there for us at 7, and we aren't massively keen on taking the risk with him, we could live trade with Adelaide one pick below us and pick up another good pick along with their pick 8. Could work out very well.

Yeah it's a clever move from them.

I agree that Rankine's the interesting one. His attitude is the issue and it's not something us as fans have an accurate idea of. I think it's safe to say the SA teams want him though. If he's there for us at 7, and we aren't massively keen on taking the risk with him, we could live trade with Adelaide one pick below us and pick up another good pick along with their pick 8. Could work out very well.
Wouldn’t Crows just wait for us to pass on him at that point if they know we’re not keen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back