List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Prospects aka the West and Khamis thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If this were to happen, things would get very freaky. I don't think any interstate clubs would be brave enough to take a King away from his brother, so we may well get the pick of Max & Ben in that scenario.

That said, I think it's more likely pick 3 is the one which gets traded, although that's also a bit of a long shot. GC probably want two SA boys, but they also seem to be very interested in future picks, and both Adelaide & Port will likely offer overs. I can only see Port getting that deal done so they can pick up Rankine at 3 & GC still get Rozee at 5(upgraded from 6 in a deal).
Yeh think the saints have to take Smith for both Kings to be at our pick. GC rolling the dice on the their 3rd pick with a Caldwell if they are after mids and Smith is gone. Be interesting to see who we pick if it turned out like that.

Carlton-Walsh
GC-Lukosiuz(should go at 1 but Carlton too dumb)
GC- Rankine or Rozee
Saints- Bailey Smith (Saints have plenty of talls)
Port-Rozee or Rankine (they will draft SA)
GC- Max King (need a tall forward- they got a couple of mature age defenders)
WB- Ben King
I agree with St Kilda their midfield is the worst in the afl and Richardson will be under a lot of pressure to improve quickly.
I’ll give it a shot baring trades:
Carl-Walsh
GC Lukosius
GC Rankine
Saints - Smith
Port - Rozee
GC - Caldwell
Dogs - M King/ B King
Make for an interesting draft night for the dogs if into panned out like that. Potentially a dominant defender or a dominant forward. Which one would the club be after?

You can just about take this to the bank: Rozee will not be available at pick 7.

Someone mentioned it on the crows board but they said it came from briztoon
My understanding is that the Suns are very keen on Caldwell at their pick 6, depending on who gets drafted where in between their picks 3 and 6. If they could manage to trade picks 2 & 3 for pick 1, I'd almost bank on the Suns drafting Walsh at 1 and Caldwell at 6. If the top 6 stay pat up until draft night, I believe the Suns will choose between Bailey Smith and Caldwell.

As an irrelevant side note because we have next to no shot of trading our way in to the top 10, reports are that the Lions scouting department had Caldwell at 6 on their draft board.

I am a little concerned that we will miss out on Khamis.

We used 7, match West which should be covered mostly by pick 27. Next is pick 32 (it might move back a little dependent on how early West gets nominated but probably no later than pick 36/37.

If Khamis is not bid on before then do we take him regardless or pick another kid? A pick in the 30's is valuable in this draft and likely to see many good prospects available.

Also confused as to why we are attributed 7 picks in our draft analysis (7, 27, 32, 45, 63, 75, 82) when we have only 3 lists spots available, technically 5 but they the final two spots are reserved for Lynch and Gowers.

I think 6 vacancies is the right amount going into the draft as it allows all picks with points to be live as well as an extra (75) to allow for the scenario above to play out. This means Honeychurch goes or Webb retires (I think Campbell has to stay).

Ideally we package 32, 45 & 63 to move our third pick early enough to get another kid before Khamis. GWS have 25 & 52 (a 41 point favour going their way). Which would leave use with 7 (King or Smith), 25 (likely West), 27 (?), 52 (Khamis) , 75 (Gowers) & 82 (Lynch). GWS only likely to bite however if they plan on using a 6th pick as our offer improves their 5th (52 up to 45) and 6th (89 up to 63) picks (they have only lost 5 players off their list to date).

Only risk is going into debt a little for Khamis, 52 covers up down to pick 40. However Blakey is likely going to cost Swans picks 26 & 33 if bid at 8, Thomas costs North 42 47 & 48 if bid at around 11 (where North's first pick was) and Quaynor cost Collingwood 41,44 & 51 if bid around 18. Which would move pick 52 up to 47 which covers bids down to 36.
Apologies if this has been answered already.

Teams can still trade picks up until a week before the draft, so if you're taking 3 list spots to the draft expect for the team to try and bundle some later picks to move up in the draft. You could also look to trade some picks for future picks to a club looking for draft points.

Picks 75 and 82 literally have no value at all, other than picks to upgrade rookies on to the senior list.

Never realised we have to actually use a pick to draft players on the rookie list, I thought we could just promote them. So how does that work? Surely another team can't just snatch someone like Gowers from us.

Never realised we have to actually use a pick to draft players on the rookie list, I thought we could just promote them. So how does that work? Surely another team can't just snatch someone like Gowers from us.
Rookies are promoted before the draft so no way they can be taken

Rhylee West apparently plays up forward for St.Kevins and is elite overhead.

Something tells me he'll be more than just that small, tough inside mid who can't kick like a lot of on-lookers seem to think. Just a gut feeling. :)

Something tells me he'll be more than just that small, tough inside mid who can't kick like a lot of on-lookers seem to think. Just a gut feeling. :)

West will be an elite inside mid. It may take him a few years to build the tank but until then, he will be a great mid/small forward.

His contested work is great and he can kick straight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would Adelaide get it? Am I right that the trading is only in picks so wouldn’t they need something closer to 4 to trade at the moment they have 8,13,16.
Saints have quite a few list spots to fill so might be attracted to a package to move down 4 spots in the draft plus add another first rounder (or two) to their haul.

St Kilda and Adelaide were in discussions late on Wednesday so there has been some negotiation already.

The Jack Viney comparisons have been very prevalent in draft circles. Would be stoked if he turned out the same sort of player.

He rested forward at cup level too. His dad kicked 4 on debut IIRC

My understanding is that the Suns are very keen on Caldwell at their pick 6, depending on who gets drafted where in between their picks 3 and 6. If they could manage to trade picks 2 & 3 for pick 1, I'd almost bank on the Suns drafting Walsh at 1 and Caldwell at 6. If the top 6 stay pat up until draft night, I believe the Suns will choose between Bailey Smith and Caldwell.

As an irrelevant side note because we have next to no shot of trading our way in to the top 10, reports are that the Lions scouting department had Caldwell at 6 on their draft board.
Hopefully the order stays as is and GC take Caldwell at 6. Gives us the choice of B King or Smith

0c74e05a5a5c7c2d199b3e0f9e5dcaeb

oTIs1T8.jpg

jack-riewoldt-for-tasmania-celebrates-a-goal-during-the-afl-under-18-picture-id53182745

549125-taylor-walker.jpg

679284-jonathan-brown.jpg
Don’t fotget Chris Grant. Grant was skinnier than all those but huge mid career.

thoughts on this guys?

A WHITEBOARD in the background of a photo posted by Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro may have given away the Bombers’ draft strategy.

A selfie taken alongside the Bombers’ newest signing Dylan Shiel, appears to have been taken in the Essendon ‘war room’ which was then uploaded by the recruiting boss on social media.

But a number of rival AFL clubs contacted by foxfooty.com.au believe they can identify multiple players on the board, and therefore how interested the Bombers are in those players.

Clubs believe they can identify players named on a board in the background of this photo based on the length of the names.

Sharp eyed officials suggested West Australian Ian Hill could be No.18, while Vic Metro King twins Ben and Max appear to be listed at No.5 and No.6.

Vic Country onballer Jye Caldwell appears to be the player listed at No.10.

Of course, this isn’t too likely to impact on who the Bombers are able to pick in the national draft. Thanks to the Shiel trade, their first selection is currently Pick 34.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back