List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Prospects aka the West and Khamis thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Khamis looks more athlete than footballer at this stage, he may be available in the rookie draft if he doesn't develop as expected.
Has the raw tools to go highish in the draft though. His marking ability in particular is special, can pull off some Easton Wood like intercepts.
Seen him play live a few times, no where near top 25 at this stage.

Without reading Back where do you think Khamis will go in the draft?

I expect us to have a pick between 5 and 10. Will he go that high or lower and what range pick will West go for?
West pick 10 - 20
Khamis pick 25 - rookie

Very early stages though. Khamis reminds me of Wood so much. West super agile and elite ball winner, taller than Scott and very well built for a 17yo kid.
Is that Khamis or West?

And while I’m at it does anyone know why Naish feel so low?

Contested possession rate was terrible.

DPIS650VwAAQpCq.jpg

Spud central there.

Spotted Scott and Rhylee at knifepoint today. The young man is very well built but not as tall as I thought (similar height or a bit shorter than scott). Hoping the kid can at least make it to half of what his Dad was. Looks to be a bull type player with his size but hopefully can add in some speed too.

West pick 10 - 20
Khamis pick 25 - rookie

Very early stages though. Khamis reminds me of Wood so much. West super agile and elite ball winner, taller than Scott and very well built for a 17yo kid.

Contested possession rate was terrible.

View attachment 443640

Spud central there.
From what I think I read carlton picked a spud up after our pick with O'brien hopefully he is another Aish story to our Bonti

Anyone at open training this morning able to confirm if this was Buku in the background? Dont mean to be that guy but im not aware of any current players looking that dark. If yes damn he looks solid already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Buku and West trained yesty morn.
Buku decent size and has a bit of skill.
West moves exactly like his old man but seems shorter. Little legs I think.
Have only seen him play once, in 2016 and yesterday was the only other time I've seen him with ball in hand. Can see him being an AFL player but not sure how good. If his inside game is his strength then there's big upside as yesterday he moved well, seemed agile and was hitting targets as well as most on the track. Is also built like a brick s**t house for his age.

Both Buku and West trained yesty morn.
Buku decent size and has a bit of skill.
West moves exactly like his old man but seems shorter. Little legs I think.
Have only seen him play once, in 2016 and yesterday was the only other time I've seen him with ball in hand. Can see him being an AFL player but not sure how good. If his inside game is his strength then there's big upside as yesterday he moved well, seemed agile and was hitting targets as well as most on the track. Is also built like a brick s**t house for his age.

West Snr was one of those players who to look at if he were jogging or doing drills, you wouldn't pick him out as a star player. But once the game started...

We are hoping like father, like son.

And thank you for Khamis comment - he has me absolutely intrigued.

Scott West - 178cm
Rhylee West - 180cm

Not shorter than Scott. Maybe it is just Scott is/was bigger in the body and thus Rhylee looks smaller to the naked eye?

Looks like we are getting two very well built young footballers in the next draft.
Surprised by 180cm. After Caleb he looked the shortest player on the field, similar to Honeychurch. Body shapes can be a bit deceiving though.

Surprised by 180cm. After Caleb he looked the shortest player on the field, similar to Honeychurch. Body shapes can be a bit deceiving though.
180cm isn’t that tall. Honey would be around 178cm I’d guess. Hopefully a small growth spurt for Westy this year would be nice.

Spotted Scott and Rhylee at knifepoint today. The young man is very well built but not as tall as I thought (similar height or a bit shorter than scott). Hoping the kid can at least make it to half of what his Dad was. Looks to be a bull type player with his size but hopefully can add in some speed too.

I stood behind Scot and the lad at a Footscray game 6 months back, and the son was already noticeably taller than his father back then, and at his age likely still growing. Are you certain it was Rhylee and not one of Scot's other boys ? He does have a few more.

180cm isn’t that tall. Honey would be around 178cm I’d guess. Hopefully a small growth spurt for Westy this year would be nice.

180cm is plenty tall if he is good enough for the role/position he will be recruited for - centre, rover type. After all the talls we have recruited recently, could be good to get someone who is 180cm and is always in the action.

180cm is plenty tall if he is good enough for the role/position he will be recruited for - centre, rover type. After all the talls we have recruited recently, could be good to get someone who is 180cm and is always in the action.
I’d sooner a good tall player over a good small player. We’ve been blessed recently with Macrae, Bontempelli and Dunkley all being 190cm or taller. Will his height hurt his career much, very highly doubt it.

Caleb Daniel has proved though that if you’re good enough, you’re tall enough no matter how tall you are. But man, how good would a 185cm Caleb Daniel be? Would likely help him in marking contests and i dare say his tackling as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back