List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Prospects aka the West and Khamis thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Except that's precisely the problem. It's one thing to have an abundance of talls, but it isn't much use when most of them are s**t, particularly up forward.

Roughead is done, Boyd is no good, Schache looks ok but never a powerful target.
Boyds a good player who has struggled with form as a result of mental illness. It's easy to forget how young he still is as well. We've seen how good he can be and he'll find his way back into form once he gets a good run at it.

Boyds a good player who has struggled with form as a result of mental illness. It's easy to forget how young he still is as well. We've seen how good he can be and he'll find his way back into form once he gets a good run at it.
No he's not. He's not a good player at all.

Only 50 goals in 61 games and he turns 23 this month. He has never improved since becoming an AFL player. Even in the ruck, he was getting smashed every week.

Not. Good. Enough.

No he's not. He's not a good player at all.

Only 50 goals in 61 games and he turns 23 this month. He has never improved since becoming an AFL player. Even in the ruck, he was getting smashed every week.

Not. Good. Enough.
Member since Wednesday

Whos alt account are you?

Barrett you’ve stopped to a new low
Notice how you're not actually defending Boyd, just having a go at me and calling me Barrett.

All I ever said was we should be drafting King because every form of history suggest Boyd is not good enough.

Notice how you're not actually defending Boyd, just having a go at me and calling me Barrett.

All I ever said was we should be drafting King because every form of history suggest Boyd is not good enough.
Not every form of history....although you probably weren’t around for the 2016 final were you?

Which Kings though

Honestly we need to target more ball movement players since right now our stock levels are

Ruck: Trengove, Boyd, English,Roughie and Campbell
Key defenders:Trengove, Naughton, Young,Adams,Wood
Key forwards:Boyd,Roughie,Shaq attack, all the med-small forwards

So lets take out campbell and roughie

We are still stacked with tall talent while we are lacking speed players

King wont be an impact player due to body development while a player like Rankine, Blakey and Hill can play straight away and preform without the Bulldogs fan pressure of you sre over 190cm kick 50 goals for us

Which Kings though

Honestly we need to target more ball movement players since right now our stock levels are

King wont be an impact player due to body development while a player like Rankine, Blakey and Hill can play straight away and preform without the Bulldogs fan pressure of you sre over 190cm kick 50 goals for us

How many times did we hit it deep in our forward line today resulting in no big forward in position to take the big grab?? So so so so many times.

Second half we played the small forward line game really effectively.

But imagine if we could play both styles effectly!!

We just haven’t had that big leading marking forward. Boyd is still a big if for that role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times did we hit it deep in our forward line today resulting in no big forward in position to take the big grab?? So so so so many times.

Second half we played the small forward line game really effectively.

But imagine if we could play both styles effectly!!

We just haven’t had that big leading marking forward. Boyd is still a big if for that role.
Downside is a lot of our kicks inside 50 arent suited for tall forwards
Key forward that crash the pack and bringthe ball to the ground are amazing

Which Kings though

You're being awfully liberal with multi-position players there. Trengove is playing ruck now, but whether or not he'll play there long-term is still questionable.

As for tall defenders, I'm not advocating we draft any. If we picked up Ben King, he would play forward, just like he did in the championships where he kicked 12 goals.

As for tall forwards, I already made my position clear Roughead and Boyd are bad players, and not long term options at all. Schache has looked promising, but still not a power forward.

Johannisen, Lynch, Crozier, Richards and Dale isn't bad in the speed department. You only need like 2-3 pace burners in a good team anyway.

So? If either one of the Kings is best available, we should take him, regardless of what history suggests regarding tall forward development time. Common sense suggest you always take the best available with early round one picks. Rankine and Blakey won't be available for us anyway, and there's no way we're taking Hill.

Except that's precisely the problem. It's one thing to have an abundance of talls, but it isn't much use when most of them are s**t, particularly up forward.

Roughead is done, Boyd is no good, Schache looks ok but never a powerful target.
Agree Quality over quantity. Still have high hopes for Boyd though and really enjoying watching Schache develop.

Really needed Fremantle to beat Carlton to avoid pick 6 (or 7 after GC compensation for Lynch) to avoid overtaking them outright on the ladder by a full win next week assuming we beat Carlton and they lose to the Cats

But thankfully after it looking like the Blues would get up, Fremantle have turned the game on its head this quarter. And will move a game ahead of us again.

Assuming we beat Carlton and lose to Richmond and Fremantle lose to both Geelong and Collingwood it will come down to percentage. Can still overtake them, so hopefully Fremantle really put the foot down and don't back away

Last edited:
Getting this info third hand so take it for what it’s worth:

St Kilda love Max King at pick 4, along with Smith.

Also pretty sure both King’s have strongly encouraged the Suns not to draft them

Also pretty sure both King’s have strongly encouraged the Suns not to draft them
Saints may have a tough choice then as both could be avail at their pick

Everybody's laughing. Everybody's happy.

You're being awfully liberal with multi-position players there. Trengove is playing ruck now, but whether or not he'll play there long-term is still questionable.

As for tall defenders, I'm not advocating we draft any. If we picked up Ben King, he would play forward, just like he did in the championships where he kicked 12 goals.

As for tall forwards, I already made my position clear Roughead and Boyd are bad players, and not long term options at all. Schache has looked promising, but still not a power forward.

Johannisen, Lynch, Crozier, Richards and Dale isn't bad in the speed department. You only need like 2-3 pace burners in a good team anyway.

So? If either one of the Kings is best available, we should take him, regardless of what history suggests regarding tall forward development time. Common sense suggest you always take the best available with early round one picks. Rankine and Blakey won't be available for us anyway, and there's no way we're taking Hill.
What about Rozee?

Swap Roughy for Boyd, what happens? Boyd when played predominantly as a forward at least halves the contest. Roughy let Daw waltz to the ball too often.
English is the future and will play far more next year anyway.

Swap Roughy for Boyd, what happens? Boyd when played predominantly as a forward at least halves the contest. Roughy let Daw waltz to the ball too often.
English is the future and will play far more next year anyway.

Think English can play effectively forward and pinch hit in the ruck Mofra?? I’m keen to see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back