List Mgmt. 2018 Draft thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
This year I took an active interest in the draft, and it's got me really excited for next year.

I know this is very very early, however since it's the so called "Super Draft" I thought we would get started early. I do believe it's a very important draft for the club with the 3 prospects that we have access to.

Issac Quaynor. We have access to him with the Next Generation Academy as his father was born in Ghana. He is an Oakleigh Chargers boy, and is already been talked up as a potential top 10 pick next year. He is a 180cm defender, and weighs 77 kilos. Hopefully he can grow a few centimetres. "He reads the game well from there and has nice skills to offer some rebound"- Callum Twomey.

Will Kelly. We have access to him as a father-son prospect. His dad is Collingwood Premiership defender Craig Kelly, and Jake Kelly(Adelaide) his brother. "Will is a 194cm key defender and aerobically he’s really good for his size"- Derek Hine. 80 kilos, hopefully he can put on a few more in the next couple of years. I see us matching any bid that comes for Will, if he shows a few good signs in the TAC cup. Hopefully him and Mclarty can start a good 10 year partnership. The question is Will WILL want to come to the pies after we "snubbed" his brother?

Liam Holt-Fitz. We have access to him through our Northern Territory zoning. He's very lightly-build and is super exciting. 174 cm and 65 kilos. Hopefully he can build on his frame a bit, but you would hope once he's in a professional environment he might stock up. 2 hyphens in the team must be a first? Plus him and Kirby ripping up the MCG in a few years is going to be amazing.

ABSTRACT FROM AN ARTICLE ON NOVEMBER 21st 2017:
The 17-year-old broke free from the centre of the ground and sprinted towards goal. His second bounce was unkind and forced him to soccer it inside 50, but it proved fruitful. “I love the way he goes about it,” Baksh said of Holt-Fitz. “He’s still getting better and wants to work on things but I wish I had another five of him.”

I have had a look at some of the other top 10 draftee's highlights package, and don't have a lot of information, however the top few players look very good.

Izak Rankine, Jack Lukosius, Connor Rozee, Sydney Stack and my favourite Ian Hill. I hope we somehow manage to get a top 5 pick, and get Hill. He's just so smooth. Absolute class.

I wouldn't say I have a lot of information on these boys, but I just want to stay in the loop as much as possible. I'm sure Knightmare, Snoop and Pie 4 Life will have deeper insights throughout the whole year. But I was hoping this thread can be used to post updates, phantom drafts, information on the players we have access to, and even generally letting us "NOT SO DRAFT INVOLVED PEOPLE" know when under 18 games are going on.

I know I'm way too early, but I love the bloody draft and seeing how players grow through the whole year and where they finish up.

Last edited:
If we can’t get Lynch we must doing everything in our power to get Lukosius.

I was thinking we get Lynch, and GCS get Lukosius. We offer Lynch a million to partner with Darcy Moore, GCS don't match it. They end up with pick 1 and pick 2(assuming they finish last). We contend in 2019. Then in 2024, we offer Lukosius a million to partner with Nick Daicos, GCS don't match it and the cycle continues.....

DPmp0mLVAAE22C3.jpg

Oh you meant the lesser Super Draft :oops:

The question is Will WILL want to come to the pies after we "snubbed" his brother?
Of course he will. See the recent interviews with the Brayshaws? Will will love being able to hang it on his older siblings. It’s all about the bragging rights (and later, the Benjamins).

The question is Will WILL want to come to the pies after we "snubbed" his brother?
Won’t be an issue. The Kellys are heavily involved with Collingwood, despite us not taking Jake.

Lukosius is the best 17yo I've ever seen - any team who get their hands on him will be drooling

I'm a noob when it comes to the Next Generation rules, is he like an academy player that we have first hand rights to? If so I'm stoked because he's currently a top 15 talent.

You can just imagine this kid going somewhere like the Gold Coast like Jack Martin and co. So much talent just rotting away.

Bailey Williams for me, 198cm Vic country ruckman/forward. Quick, towering leap and a good kick for goal. Looked really good as an under ager in the nationals this year. Lukosious is an exceptional talent, Williams is not far behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that based on our draw and a little natural progression, our first pick will probably be in the 6-12 range. So we should be hoping that some of those guys slide a little or that others jump up in ranking over the year.

Kelly and Quaynor looking like good prospects means were going to need to find a second rounder to meet the points requirements assuming they continue to develop. Makes it imperatrive that we land Lynch as a FA and not trade for him.

I'm a noob when it comes to the Next Generation rules, is he like an academy player that we have first hand rights to? If so I'm stoked because he's currently a top 15 talent.

yeah is subject to regular academies/father son points bidding system. looks like a win at this stage!

Why not both?

I want both!

Amen brother.

Unless we fall off the face of the earth this year we would have to trade a genuine gun from our list to get a pick good enough to land Lukosius.

That said, he's the most exciting junior KPF in years. What a beauty he will be. A special talent.

If the stars aligned and we drafted Lukosius and got Lynch as a FA, the Moore to CHB move would be on.

McLarty, Moore, Grundy, Lukosius and Lynch works for me.

Make it so!

Think we'll load up on live picks, anything with points value so that's at least 4th round meaning at least 4 list spots without even looking at trades.

I believe James Stewart was the one we pissed off? I doubt there is any bad blood between us and Jake, from what we know we never misled him like we allegedly did with Stewart and therefore neither he nor his family should have any enmity towards us.

Either way, based upon what Hine said after the Murray trade, they're obviously confident that Quaynor/Kelly are almost certain draft prospects, and for that to be the case he'd have committed to the club as much as would be required of him.

Amen brother.

Unless we fall off the face of the earth this year we would have to trade a genuine gun from our list to get a pick good enough to land Lukosius.

That said, he's the most exciting junior KPF in years. What a beauty he will be. A special talent.

If the stars aligned and we drafted Lukosius and got Lynch as a FA, the Moore to CHB move would be on.

McLarty, Moore, Grundy, Lukosius and Lynch works for me.

Make it so!

Depending on any leadership changes Sidebottom could become trade-able if Stephenson comes on quick. Personally I think he'd be worth keeping over a young KPF who would take time to develop but he's our best 'trade bait'.

Fas will need to be traded, hopefully for a second rounder. Not sure we have players with much currency that we can afford to offload.

Would Langdon get us anything? Aish? Greenwood? Phillips? Maybe Smith to QLD? Thomas? Even if we can get some 3rd round picks in for those above would be a bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back