2018 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Need more pace and x factor in our team. Draft at least one indigenous player every 2 seasons will help.

I honestly think we're fine for pace and X factor. We need a big bodied midfielder and a reliable KPP to help our youngsters out. Indigenous players are always exciting to watch.

Need more pace and x factor in our team. Draft at least one indigenous player every 2 seasons will help.
I look forward to our Jason Roes.

I look forward to our Jason Roes.

I look forward when our recruiting strategy is on the basis of racial identity, hair color (a ranga every leap year) and size, because size matters after all.

I’m usually more pessimistic than most but I think we’ll have 2 top 4 picks this season. Just gotta hope Lynch stays at the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can't see it. AFL has put in Fagan, Noble, Swann, PP and now facilities. We have shown plenty of improvement in the past 2 seasons as well which only makes a PP extremely unlikely.

Yeah we have loads of talented kids and will already have a top 2 pick plus more academy talent. at most I can see us getting another end of first round PP

U18 Academy series started today.

So far Tasmania giving the Gold Coast Suns a touch up. Lead by 30+ at 3/4 time.
Is that the Mariners team, it must be. I don't think he is playing because they took all the top agers interstate, but Sam Green is looking good as a 16 year old for the Mariners.

Ideal haul:
Walsh or Rankine
Tom Berry
Jarrod Cameron (but is West Coast academy so will be hard)

Also maybe these guys:
Jake Bradshaw
Casey Voss
Nick Blakey
James Rendell

So delist OOC Dawson, Bewick, Bell, probs Walker, Paparone, Barrett.

Time for Jarrod to tell wce ,sorry I am playing with my Big Brother at the Lions

Very early in the season and a lot of water to flow under the bridge, but has been a team that has had the number draft pick two years in a row before?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Assuming you meant #1 - Carlton did three times running (2005-2007), Melbourne twice (2008-2009), GWS three times (2011-2013).

That really demonstrates that bottoming our and relying on early draft picks to rise up the ladder is no guarantee.

Paul Roos had a very interesting segment when discussing StKilda and their rebuild and allowing a number of players to leave for draft picks. Two factors that weren't really taken into account was the two new teams and those drafts being compromised and also now diluted to an extent. Another factor is with the introduction of FA with how all the very top FA's move to successful teams.

Acquiring talent shouldn't be just through the draft (early picks) but also being able to identify talent in the later rounds and also rookie. We've been open saying that we would be draft focus for 3 years and then looking to trades and hopefully FA's.

That really demonstrates that bottoming our and relying on early draft picks to rise up the ladder is no guarantee.

Worked for the Hawks and Collingwood. Came close to working for the Saints who made 2 grand finals. Think the difference with the Dees and Blues was they tanked whereas others were just that bad, and that created a losing culture.

Richmond also bottomed out to an extent to get Martin and Cotchin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back