2018 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Irregardless of whether we lose Beams or not(but particularly if we do lose him), I hope we look at Marlion Pickett as a ready-to-go, mature aged, contested ball winning mid.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-10/wafl-watch-suns-eagles-tracking-tough-mid-pickett

GOLD Coast and West Coast are tracking ready-to-go South Fremantle midfielder Marlion Pickett ahead of a near-certain step up to AFL ranks next season.

AFL.com.au understands the Suns, keen to bolster their onball stocks, have spoken to the 26-year-old, described by one WAFL official as "hard as they come".

Marlion Pickett (South Fremantle)
A breakout performance in round six against Swan Districts showed why Pickett has recruiters excited. The tough nut asked for a switch into midfield from half-back this season to make the most of his pace and skills, and soon delivered a 30-possession – 21 of them contested – nine-clearance, seven-tackle, five-inside-50 and one-goal performance.

Re the Kings 1. could be wrong but they seem like they are entitled and would be gone in 2 years. 2. as been mentioned we are right for KPP's - in fact we almost have too many. 3. we need mids

Also think the Saints may draft one of them

Not sure what you have based that observation on, I am interested to hear what it is.

In a recent TV interview I saw they were the opposite to what you described. Humble guys that appeared genuinely accepting they will be separated & have no concerns heading interstate.

You did say you could be wrong.

The purple flog is saying he expects 3 teams to get a PP this year, carlton, gc and I can only assume st kilda would be the third. He also said he expects them to be at the end of the first round. So if this were to be the case it becomes more likely we would have to use our 2nd rounder on McFadyen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The purple flog is saying he expects 3 teams to get a PP this year, carlton, gc and I can only assume st kilda would be the third. He also said he expects them to be at the end of the first round. So if this were to be the case it becomes more likely we would have to use our 2nd rounder on McFadyen.
St’s were on an upward trajectory until this year, almost made the finals last year.
No way they get a PP.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got an end of first rounder if we finish third last.
It's an interesting one if we were to lose Beams. The VIC media narrative lately is that we are an exciting team on the rise. Does losing Beams have an effect on that in their eyes?

Despite our progress made this year we are still the least winningest team over the last 5/10 years.

I'd say we don't get one but a case could be mounted on pure stats especially if Carlton -who have won 3 more games than us in the last 5 years and 19 more games over the last 10 years- were to get one.

There are qualifications clubs must meet in order to get a priority pick and that includes games won over a two and three year period. So stkilda would be no chance. If we didnt win another game we may be a chance for one. Although given our improved form i doubt we would get one.

VIC COUNTRY U17 V. QUEENSLAND U17
Sunday, August 12, 9.30am
Ikon Park, Carlton

Vic Country:

#1 Kobe Brown (Bendigo)
#2 Jye Chalcraft (Murray)
#3 Keidan Rayner (Geelong)
#4 Jarryd Barker (Dandenong)
#5 Flynn Perez (Bendigo)
#6 Riley Baldi (Gippsland)
#7 Mitch Martin (GWV)
#8 Lachlan Williams (Dandenong)
#9 Fraser Phillips (Gippsland)
#10 Leo Connolly (Gippsland)
#11 Lachlan Smith (Geelong)
#12 Isaac Wareham (GWV)
#13 Izaac Grant (GWV)
#14 Tye Hourigan (Gippsland)
#15 Jake Van Der Pligt (Gippsland)
#16 Jesse Clark (Geelong)
#17 Riley Ironside (Bendigo)
#18 Marcus Toussaint (Gippsland)
#19 Jimmy Boyer (Murray)
#20 James Schischka (Bendigo)
#21 Darcey Chirgwin (Geelong/Sandringham)
#22 Sam De Koning (Dandenong)
#23 Zac Skinner (Gippsland)
#24 Bigoa Nyuon (Dandenong)
#25 Josh Smith (Gippsland)
#26 Aaron Gundry (Bendigo)

Queensland:

#1 Danial Davidson (Gold Coast)
#3 Hawego Paul Oea (Gold Coast)
#5 Corey Joyce (Gold Coast)
#6 Jack Wingrave (Gold Coast)
#7 Lachlan Barry (Brisbane)
#8 Coby Williams (Gold Coast)