2018 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Riley Collier-Dawkins looks like a serious player if he was to slide that far do you reckon we would pick him up or stocker
RCD is a bit of a hit or miss, shows great stuff but not as consistent as others. But it's unlikely he would still be there for our first pick anyway. Stocker is more likely to be there, but only a maybe.

Any footage of Stocker flying around? How are people making their assessments on him? I can't seem to find any vision.

RCD is a bit of a hit or miss, shows great stuff but not as consistent as others. But it's unlikely he would still be there for our first pick anyway. Stocker is more likely to be there, but only a maybe.
Collier-Dawkins a bit like the Bont in the sense that he didn't get a lot of the footy in his u18 year but you could see the elite traits and glimpses of freakishness.

Many thought the Bont was a speculative pick at pick 4 because of his inconsistency, but boy were they wrong. The point I am trying to make is stats don't hold as much value as some would think. Would much rather a player with some freakish traits and huge upside (RCD for example) than a rounded player who consistently performs at u18 level but has a much lower celing and no real standout elite attributes (Stocker for example). Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Are people really already claiming that the 2019 draft crop will be a weak draft; this far out?:huh:
At this early stage, doesn't appear to be the depth in talls as there is this season, however the recruiters I've spoken to from different clubs feel that the midfield/utility depth is greater next year. Consensus is that VM will be extremely strong and VC far better than this year. Those two factors alone point towards a strong draft year.

To me, McFadyen showed as much (if not more) than RCD this year.
Regardless of my evaluation though, if we are intending on matching a bid on McF, then I would suggest RCD is not in our sights (at 18, anyways).

Really hoping Jez McClennan is there at our 18 pick ... has all the right attributes to be successful off half back. When hodge is gone we only really have witherden off half back so i can definitely see us adding a couple in the draft.

Any footage of Stocker flying around? How are people making their assessments on him? I can't seem to find any vision.
Not much footage because of the footy he missed this year. Did a photography session of the Dragons' final vs the Bushrangers back in early Sept (see pic below). As you can see he is very solidly built but imagine in an AFL system he would lean down a bit. Still think pace is his major concern and disposal can be a bit haphazard.
Stocker.jpg

Really hoping Jez McClennan is there at our 18 pick ... has all the right attributes to be successful off half back. When hodge is gone we only really have witherden off half back so i can definitely see us adding a couple in the draft.
Jacob Kennerley the other SA half back who could be available at 18. Or Jordan Clark from WA. Personally, I’m hoping Chayce Jones is still there at 18 and we go the midfield option, then take a running half back at 30 or 35.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jacob Kennerley the other SA half back who could be available at 18. Or Jordan Clark from WA. Personally, I’m hoping Chayce Jones is still there at 18 and we go the midfield option, then take a running half back at 30 or 35.
I think Jones is a good choice there, might have a bit more upside coming out of a limited Tassie set up.

We have options at half back i like nrobbo there. Allison is an option too, Hinge was drafted with that role in mind

David Noble suggesting that we'll be taking Picks 18, 30, 35 & 56 to draft and probably won't do any trading unless a really good offer comes along. Team thinks the draft runs deep.

Also given we have 37 on the senior list he hinted at another list change. So presumably we'll re-rookie someone like we did with Claye last year.

David Noble suggesting that we'll be taking Picks 18, 30, 35 & 56 to draft and probably won't do any trading unless a really good offer comes along. Team thinks the draft runs deep.

Also given we have 37 on the senior list he hinted at another list change. So presumably we'll re-rookie someone like we did with Claye last year.
Worth noting that he gave a bit of an idea of what that looked like. Said we'd hold them unless an offer too good to turn down came along. Then had a little bit to say about clubs wanting to trade in future picks - quote "depends on how desperate a club is to get into this draft".

I'd say we aren't going to move up or split this year. If we trade any in, we'll be after future picks.

I reckon it will be Frost.

IMO he would go close to being on the bottom of the KPD depth chart (not including the likes of McStay and Walker) who would be swung back before Frost got a game. Further, I think the likes of Ballenden or Payne (injury permitting) would be more likely to be given a debut before Frost got a game.

Cool was going to ask does anyone think we can trade up from 18 ? Or are we happy with our hand

Worth noting that he gave a bit of an idea of what that looked like. Said we'd hold them unless an offer too good to turn down came along. Then had a little bit to say about clubs wanting to trade in future picks - quote "depends on how desperate a club is to get into this draft".

I'd say we aren't going to move up or split this year. If we trade any in, we'll be after future picks.
We will be reactive rather than proactive which is no fun.

I think Jones is a good choice there, might have a bit more upside coming out of a limited Tassie set up.

We have options at half back i like nrobbo there. Allison is an option too, Hinge was drafted with that role in mind
N robbo cant hit a target.... allison skills got found out season 2..... and hinge having off season surgery.... hb is our biggest weakness and must be adressed with elite talent asap. Neale replaces Beams, our midfield needs tinkering no doubt. What we need is Corey Lyons to step up, hes had 2 years to develop he should b ready to fire. If im the recruiting staff im drafting Michael Gibbons. Ready made onballer. Better than chayse jones whose a gamble.

N robbo cant hit a target...

This often gets trotted out as an absolute fact but somehow I think that it's actually a furphy.

Does anyone have his DE %-age for last season?

I thought it was pretty good but I'm happy to be proved wrong

This often gets trotted out as an absolute fact but somehow I think that it's actually a furphy.

Does anyone have his DE %-age for last season?

I thought it was pretty good but I'm happy to be proved wrong
Wasnt great early but since Fagan has been here has improved out of sight.

Michael Johnson was considered an elite user out of the back half he went at 82%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back