2018 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They also do take into account with the country boys that they don't have the same access to programs like the city boys so there is that scope for further improvement. Bring on tomorrow and Friday, my only query is if we take Smith do we really need McFadyen?
Big bodied midfielder that can go forward and kick a goal, yes please.

Suppose we take Sturt at 18, then trade 30 and 35 to West Coast for pick 22 and take Smith. Is it worth missing out on Berry and taking a deficit into next year in order to get the club's two major targets?

Maybe 22 + 61 for 30 + 35? Means we could get our two main targets and McFadyen without going into any deficit. Could then maybe trade our 2019 3rd rounder for someone's this year to get Berry and then take Coleman with our last pick?

Neale and Lyons are mid 20s, zorko and robbo pushing the 30s. We still need to draft for the future and not just tomorrow, we need midfielders to replace those 4 mentioned above.

Neale and Lyons are mid 20s, zorko and robbo pushing the 30s. We still need to draft for the future and not just tomorrow, we need midfielders to replace those 4 mentioned above.

Clug, Berry, Rayner, Bailey and Starcevich is a good start.

By the media. Clubs rate players differently.

Admittedly the Vic Country selectors were a bit late to the party to as he wasn’t even in the initial squad and was added during the champs. Seems as if some of the Bushranger kids start from a bit further back. Good signs if he’s put in a spurt of development.

I'm not entirely sure why, but both Sturt & Smith excite me considerably more than Duursma does.

I’m the same. Still holding out forlorn hope of a bid for Bailey Scott though as a first option.

Clug, Berry, Rayner, Bailey and Starcevich is a good start.

Yes it is... so when these guys are in their prime in 5 years time and the other lot are out the door, who is supporting them? We still need the next lot of Berry/Clug/Bailey/Rayner. We still have a big need for mids.

We've said we want some speed, but perhaps we just dont rate the options as highly. I suspect if Durrsma is gone we will instead go smith, who might be rated fairly highly by us. Maybe have other options at 30 that we are happy to take with speed.

Cant wait for the draft.

I guess its worth remembering that we added Madden to our list recently. If we also add Coleman late in the draft, that is two pacey players to develop off halfback, although both are quite raw. If we also add TBerry we have another player with pace who can play mid and forward. Even if we do grab Smith and McFayden its not a bad spread of types to add to the list especially if we use another pick on say a general defender, small forward or more outside type mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok would love...
Ely Smith
Jack bytel
Connor Mcfayden
Tom berry
Answerth/sparrow
Wishful thinking but hey one can hope can't wait for draft
You just like doubling down don't you. We'll win every hard ball get, but have next to no one to feed it out to.

Smith and Bytel play pretty much the same game (so to Lyon and Mathieson), while McFadyen and Berry's games are pretty similar to.

You just like doubling down don't you. We'll win every hard ball get, but have next to no one to feed it out to.

Smith and Bytel play pretty much the same game (so to Lyon and Mathieson), while McFadyen and Berry's games are pretty similar to.

Not too sure it would be smart list planning to assume both Lyons and Mathieson are going to be regular best 22 players for the next few years. They’ve both got their shortfalls.

Only one player at a time wins the ball plus I want more depth on the list zorko McCluggage cameron cutler taylor rich witherden just to name a few on top of neale who's inside and out and the likes of Robertson and Answerth kid can run off half back we all have different opinions come out and name 5 players or you going to take the easy way and bag the club once players are drafted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back