2018 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dare I introduce the PP in to the discussion?

I wonder if we did finish last, if a PP would be on the table?
I'm sure a mod will slap you for mentioning a PP after 2 games

And I'm sure Eddie Collingwood would knock it on the head quick smart.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm sure a mod will slap you for mentioning a PP after 2 games

And I'm sure Eddie Collingwood would knock it on the head quick smart.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Usually some of the forums self appointed brown coats step in and call for bannings or some such, long before a Mod slaps anyone.

If we finish last we should definitely get a priority pick. Would be illogical to give a team one and then after 2 wooden spoons not give them another.

FWIW - has anyone mentioned he is a Lions fan yet? :sunglasses:

Yep, a few times.
Gonna be a tough pick. Do we want the best forward (Lukocias) or midfielder (Walsh) or x-factor (Rankine)?
Feel like we need midfielders as we have a few Aademy forwards coming through

The bit i am worried about from that stat is what are his CP like? 36 possessions and only 3 clearances. A heap of handball receives, so did he just get easy possessions by asking for them or did he properly work from them? If we were to get him, we would want to be sure he would be a gun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure we'll have 1 or 2 so Rankine and Lukosius may not be an option. I think at some point it will all click and we'll start to win a few games. Reckon we will possibly finish above WB,Carlton and Collingwood

I'm not sure we'll have 1 or 2 so Rankine and Lukosius may not be an option. I think at some point it will all click and we'll start to win a few games. Reckon we will possibly finish above WB,Carlton and Collingwood
I reckon we would beat these teams as well. Shall be interesting.

Yep, a few times.
Gonna be a tough pick. Do we want the best forward (Lukocias) or midfielder (Walsh) or x-factor (Rankine)?
Feel like we need midfielders as we have a few Aademy forwards coming through

The bit i am worried about from that stat is what are his CP like? 36 possessions and only 3 clearances. A heap of handball receives, so did he just get easy possessions by asking for them or did he properly work from them? If we were to get him, we would want to be sure he would be a gun
It's very rare for Twomey to be so direct with statements as 'best midfielder in the draft'. He can run all day so would expect that those possessions were gained from all over the ground therefore he worked for them.

He currently is more outside than inside but is to not say that he is afraid of contact. He's not an inside bull at all and never will be.

At this very early stage, I would love to get our hands on Sam Walsh; we're badly lacking that star midfielder on our list that we'll need coming on in 3 years time.

https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/2018/04/02/scouting-notes-tac-cup-round-2/ …

#22 Sam Walsh – Despite earning a lot of the ball, didn’t have a huge impact in the first half. Walsh worked extremely hard in the second half to bring his side back into the game and was one of the big reasons the Falcons fought back. He class was vital in setting the example for his teammates, who struggled to move the ball effectively all day. Walsh started a handball chain on the wing, kept running and received it after three or four more handballs to slot a terrific goal in the last quarter. Could have been an ugly score line if he wasn’t on the field.

Last edited:
Hard working damaging mid who you would think would be very short priced odds to stay a Lion for life. Can we just sign him now? TBH, he might be a bit too much of a mid like Hugh, when we probably need a Wines/Oliver type. But i don't think you can turn down someone who works that hard through the middle and has genuine class. We are in need of skill and class as much as we are in need of inside grunt.

Hard working damaging mid who you would think would be very short priced odds to stay a Lion for life. Can we just sign him now? TBH, he might be a bit too much of a mid like Hugh, when we probably need a Wines/Oliver type. But i don't think you can turn down someone who works that hard through the middle and has genuine class. We are in need of skill and class as much as we are in need of inside grunt.

Jack Bytel sounds like an Oliver/Wines type. Be nice if we could somehow get another top 10 pick and draft both

Remove this Banner Ad

Back