2018 Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Now if only they could turn the volume up on the bloke doing commentary.

It's not commentary .... it's stats collation (probably Champion data - ????). Maybe it's their stream (??).
Hope they check the call against the video .... so many errors in the call .... especially Allies players .....can't blame him though .... so difficult to pick up the Allies numbers (compared to Vic Metro).

It's not commentary .... it's stats collation (probably Champion data - ????). Maybe it's their stream (??).
Hope they check the call against the video .... so many errors in the call .... especially Allies players .....can't blame him though .... so difficult to pick up the Allies numbers (compared to Vic Metro).
Figured as much.

Deadly left foot.
(Would like to see his tackles stick though)

Yeah definitely missed a few easy tackles. Did absolutely nail one bloke though. The way he plays reminds me a little of Cox. Always looks to have a cool head under pressure and seems to read the play well.

McFayden looked better when he played up the ground that quarter, but haven't really rated his game.

You've travelled 1000s of miles stop watching the carnival ;)

Good one CD, isn't it briztoon s honeymoon? I hope the bride is a footy fan briz.

We're 3 hours behind Brisbane time here, so the game kicked off a bit before we sat down for breakfast. Already been out for our morning walk through the parklands.

Not honeymoon. Got engaged (and, oh, we're having a baby in November). Introducing me to the family, family businesses, and daily life in Vietnam, etc.

We have a fair bit of down time here in Ho Chi Min, especially with the daily afternoon rains. Done a little sight seeing, and fitting in to the family life style (which is very relaxed). We fly out to Phu Quoc Island this afternoon, so just staying home today. The main sight seeing will be after we come back from Phu Quoc, when we will head north to Da Nang, Hoi An and then Hanoi.

My fiancé is getting in to football. She places an almost equal emphasis on health and fitness as she does education for our daughter, and is happy for her to play football if that's a sport she likes.

Tell me Bailey Smith isn't right up there with Sam Walsh in the best midfielder discussion.
Just got back in. What did you like about him? Wouldn't mind your opinion as well Cotter101? In regards to Coleman does he look like he has the tools as an attacking HBF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got back in. What did you like about him? Wouldn't mind your opinion as well Cotter101? In regards to Coleman does he look like he has the tools as an attacking HBF?

I’m a big fan of Bailey Smith. I’ve got him ahead of Sam Walsh. Seems like the complete midfielder going forward. I’ve got a few questions over Walsh’s kicking. Not that it can’t be fixed.

Coleman certainly has the tools to become a dangerous player off half back. Defensively sound too.

With the Dockers win toady and it looking likely that the Suns will win as well it'll be a race in 3 to decide the order of the top 3 draft spots.
15th. Dogs 16 Points.

16th. Saints 6.
17th. Lions 4.
18th. Blues 4.

Big games (potential wins?) to come re deciding where the 3 finish- R16 Lions(H) v Blues, R17 Saints v Blues, R19 Suns(H) v Carlton, R20 Saints v Dogs, R22 Blues v Dogs, R22 Suns(H) v Lions.

We have got a more difficult run home than the Saints and Blues IMO, we can still finish with back to back spoons. Must beat the Blues.

With the Dockers win toady and it looking likely that the Suns will win as well it'll be a race in 3 to decide the order of the top 3 draft spots.
15th. Dogs 16 Points.

16th. Saints 6.
17th. Lions 4.
18th. Blues 4.

Big games (potential wins?) to come re deciding where the 3 finish- R16 Lions(H) v Blues, R17 Saints v Blues, R19 Suns(H) v Carlton, R20 Saints v Dogs, R22 Blues v Dogs, R22 Suns(H) v Lions.

We have got a more difficult run home than the Saints and Blues IMO, we can still finish with back to back spoons. Must beat the Blues.
How the * are St Kilda back to contending for the spoon again?

Their high point was round 1. It was all down hill from there.
They also almost snuck into finals once, huge achievement. I think there's a lesson here, don't go overboard with the recruitment from other clubs if your rebuild isn't all that solid. Carlisle, Longer, Hickey, Steele, Savage, Brown etc have all been a waste of money and draft picks really.

Based on? We beat Carlton and the Suns and we probably lock in pick 4.

Gut says we'll win four more this year. I feel a typical solid second half of the year performance from us coming which would certainly be a good thing if we can.

Based on? We beat Carlton and the Suns and we probably lock in pick 4.

We need to win two more then the Suns and the Saints between now and the end of the year to jump either of them. I can’t see that happening. I think the Suns will beat Bombers at home and the Saints beat the Blues. So we need three wins, at best I have us on two wins. That excludes Saints beating Bombers or Dogs and the Suns beating either Blues or us. Saints or Suns pull off one of those and we need to win three more then they do.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back